test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ZACH HANKS TO DO MORE TOVAN KHEV LINES!!! (Sorry about the Previous Post Mods)

daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
It would be lovely to have him back and give Tovan more roles for Romulan Characters. He is my favourite BOFF. I also dont like how his story just ends after (SPOILERS) Rinna is found. Is there any chance of Zach Hanks returning to voice Tovan again maybe add him more roles for Romulan Characters? Would be dope
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I know some people didn't like the character, but I did. I liked the story, but I agree that it was cut short.

With the update of the Romulan storyline in STO, it would be great if they are bringing him back.

I had to edit my post, at first it looked like an announcement that he's returning. I looked up his work on IMDb, he's been keeping busy with video game VO, like Dragon Age, Dishonoured and Diablo III.
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    I really want to see him and Rinna. Since Rinna is technically a part of the crew after we saved her.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I know some people didn't like the character, but I did. I liked the story, but I agree that it was cut short.

With the update of the Romulan storyline in STO, it would be great if they are bringing him back.

I had to edit my post, at first it looked like an announcement that he's returning. I looked up his work on IMDb, he's been keeping busy with video game VO, like Dragon Age, Dishonoured and Diablo III.

I admit to also believing this story was cut a bit short. As a result almost all my Romulan toons have adopted Rinna Khev as a Romulan Female Engineer on their crew. o:)
    0zxlclk.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Additionally, some Romulan Players didn't like him because he only had the Romulan Operative Trait and not the Superior Romulan Operative.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    People hate him because he is forced on the Romulan players with no way to ditch him...even after the end of his story arc. I thought he was fine personally...but not exactly a fan of him either.

He's the Kaidan Alenko of STO. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Additionally, some Romulan Players didn't like him because he only had the Romulan Operative Trait and not the Superior Romulan Operative.

I replace him in my BOFF stations but he is always in my Away Team
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The voice actor did a good job, so if they do update the Romulan missions again I hope they do get him instead of replacing him like they did with Hassan the Undying.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Can't blame the voice actor for being given a character with less redeeming qualities that jarjar (binks or abrams)

I have a version of him on one boff team but gave him a makeover in the tailor so looks more like a wingless gargoyle.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    All i ask is for a discharge option. Let me send him into the great unknown! Preferably never to return!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I personally had no problem with Tovan. I mean for a rookie Romulan character, you pretty much get a VR BOff right off the bat!

Granted its harder to go with an all female BOff setup but hey... mechanically he's a pretty decent Tac BOff.
    Could he have been written better? Probably.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    2 problems... no SRO... and male. Some folks want an all barbie crew. If they stealth upgrade him to SRO that would solve a lot of complaints.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I can understand those complaints. And I admit I lean towards female BOffs too.

I guess the writer in me just views the lack of SRO as the fact he, just like your character, came from a civilian colony. So at best he'd have militia experience, not actual military that might warrent SRO.

I still wanna steal Satra's jacket though... >.>
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.