test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

discounts ending before pay day !!

So miffed, the ship in the Mudd market is on offer realy want that however the dam discount runs out on the 29th, Me like most people get paid on the last day of the month so no ship for me and no money for Cryptic - I mean dont they think of these things before they put offers on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    If your finances are so tight that you can't afford the ship until payday, you shouldn't be spending your money on video games in the first place.

Just because YOU get paid on that date, doesn't mean the rest of us do.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Also, Cryptic doesn't consider anyone's paydays except their own.

It's impossible to take into account when EVERY player might get paid.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    🙄
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    If your finances are so tight that you can't afford the ship until payday, you shouldn't be spending your money on video games in the first place.

Yes, if you are living paycheck to paycheck the first things you need to do are to build up an emergency fund and start to pay off your debt.

Cut your expenses and live below your means not right at the edge. Think about what would happen if you lose that job or if you have some unexpected expense.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    🙄

Seconded
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    🙄

Yeah, I should have just gone with that. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Ehm... ok?, Cryptic, how do you do that to people??, evil, evil!! :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    🙄

This.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

Yes, if you are living paycheck to paycheck the first things you need to do are to build up an emergency fund and start to pay off your debt.

Cut your expenses and live below your means not right at the edge. Think about what would happen if you lose that job or if you have some unexpected expense.
    Fully agree here. This guy needs a total money makeover!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    this thread...

1283771128.kaitii_facepalm4348012265-iaza.jpg​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Sorry you're going to miss your ship, but there will be other sales. Also it's not their responsibility to tailor their game to your pay schedule. It sucks when that happens but no matter what time they put it, someone will always miss the sale.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Just because YOU get paid on that date, doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Very true, on both counts.

And indeed, the OP demonstrated a rare degree of egocentrism, assuming his payday coincides with that of the rest of the world. Rare, even for these forums. :p
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    (Flaming comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Well, if we're going to start with that nonsense, I guess I should've gone with my initial thought instead and... /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.