test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2399 / Picard uniform

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
First, thanks for the freebie.
second, yeah it's not a favorite by far.
1, if it were real it would clearly be made of cheap pleather
2. customization in non existant other than the 2 color patterns,
no fleet patches and all that.
3. No pants skirt designed to match.

2399.jpg

Bahh @badmoonrisin didnt see the givaway thread and search didn't pick up picard when i searched.. merge away
awkward.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    It's a nice costume, the only thing that bothers me is the palette... i cant match it with the pants...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    The Odyssey pants are a good match for it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • wvuscottwvuscott Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    It's a nice costume, the only thing that bothers me is the palette... i cant match it with the pants...

I don't know if it's my PC or what but the palette is a bit dark. Red is a dark read. Blue and gold are dark too. Its like the palette isn't the same as the other uniforms.
    wvuscott wrote: »
    I don't know if it's my PC or what but the palette is a bit dark. Red is a dark read. Blue and gold are dark too. Its like the palette isn't the same as the other uniforms.

It doesn't use the Uniform color pallet. It uses the full gradient color pallet kinda like the Discovery uniforms.

Can get an approximation of the right colors if you have an item that uses the Uniform color pallet, like say the Starfleet Academy Heels for females, and select one of the proper departmental colors, then go back to the Picard uniform and select the recently selected color. It will automatically pick the next closest, which is generally pretty accurate.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    One unified pallet for everything please!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    I've discovered that one of the TOS miniskirts actually works pretty well with it too.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2020
    gaevsman wrote: »

Yea hopefully they 'improve' the palette for sure, I was surprised the colors for the red, blue, and gold also don't align to typical Federation Odyssey colors for sure.

Also when you try to wear almost any Belt with the TOP uniform most of the belt clips are hidden like the belts are all cut up; it seems this was a last minute addition that could use some BUG fixes for sure. I'll post a thread in that area and see if anything happens.
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    One unified pallet for everything please!​​

That would certainly be very nice for sure!
    0zxlclk.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    It's a good thing it was a free gift. Not hating on it, but I found it rather underwhelming.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Uniform palettes not matching with others of its type? :D
    The Romulan Republic uniforms have had this problem since Legacy of Romulus came out YEARS AGO.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Also, all the belts clip into it. All of them.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i understand this is Free content , but the quality and how it doesn't fit with other uniform parts while just being a shirt is sub-par , the game has been suffering from PALETTE issues for a long time , you would think that this would be addressed at this point in the games life span , there really should be a uniform PALETTE across the game ( no pun intended ) not this mix match pallets that dont match with each other
  • jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Also, all the belts clip into it. All of them.​​

The only belt that I have found that doesn't clip on this uniform is the Ody Excursion belt available thru the Ody Excursion outfit available at the Fleet Starbase tailor. Of course that's only helpful if you are in a fleet. Also, for me at least, the All Good Things pants seem to fit closest color wise with the top. Though the colors I'm using are black on the pants and black on the lower portion of the top, seems the closest on my screen to matching. The non glossy 23c mini skirt is fairly close to matching too, although it depends on the lighting.
    I'm having a lot of problems with various belts clipping.

On another note however I too have also tried the 'All Good Things' outfit and they do certainly seem to fit better with Picard Top uniform for sure.
    0zxlclk.png
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Same on the belts, I can't use my Discovery Terran belts on it
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • wvuscottwvuscott Member Posts: 22 Arc User
      Devs can we at least get pants to match these tops?
    • e3241e3241 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
      When are the Picard uniforms from the new tv show going to be on Consoles?
      edited February 2020
      I've noticed my Male Federation or Romulan Allied toon's are able to wear the Picard or Starfleet 2399 Combadge without the Picard Outfit 'which is likely the way they should make it for all!

What I found interesting however is my Female Trill character can only wear the Starfleet 2399 Combadge, while the Starfleet 2399 Jacket is worn.

And yes still many Odyssey, Jupiter, or several other Belts still 'CLIP' or have a lot of parts that appear missing or clipped out like the belt is not whole.
      0zxlclk.png
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      For the Trill, the side spots are probably what's fouling it up.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    This discussion has been closed.