test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

im really loving the D7 Flight Deck carrier.

chrisevans34chrisevans34 Member Posts: 260 Arc User
Im really enjoying using this ship, i wasnt sure at the start but man its just brilliant and real fun to use soo much, cant wait until i can get to the point of finishing all my Reps off, and get some great gear for it.
What traits are people using for their carriers?
also consoles? :)

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    mine's set up something like this:

weapons: discovery rep dbb, nausicaan torp, nausicaan beam array, terran beam array, rom rep beam, discovery torp, disruptor omni, martok onmi,

warp core/engine/deflector/shields: all discovery rep

engie consoles; spore jump, trellium-d, rom rep, polaric modulator, martok console

sci console: delta rep console, bio-neural infusion circuits, nausicaan console

tact consoles: 3 colony disruptor consoles with the discovery console in the uni slot.

space traits: duelist's fervor, fluidic cocoon, beam training, living hull, hive defenses, warp theorist, biotech patch, operative, a good day to die.

starship traits: improved feedback pulse, black alert, history will remember, improved command frequency, the ruin of our enemies

space rep trait: magnified firepower, both auxiliary power traits, tyler's duality, chrono-capacitor array

pets: two hangers of Elite Orion Slavers

not the best set up and a little slow to start but very fun once it gets going. probably gonna switch a few of these traits out at some point but for the moment it works well enough.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    If you can afford the D7 FDC, you could think about getting the (pretty expensive) starship trait "Scramble Fighters".
    I also quite like the "Swarmer Matrix" console on pet-heavy ships, available at a much lower price. ;)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The D7 is a fantastic ship, congrats on your acquisition! :smile:

I have used the Discovery Constitution for some time and I really like it. On my Fed I run that ship with the Advanced Phaser Beams. I just picked up a D7 for one of my KDF Characters, she will probably run Cannons on it. This is the build for that ship.

The Miracle Worker Flight Deck ships are fantastic, tons of fun. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Do not have the ship. So I'm quite jealous at the moment. Oh, well. STO is a game, not a lifestyle choice. ;)
    I have found the following Traits to be useful with my Hangar Pets. Coordinated Assault. Eyes of the Swarm. Wing Commander.
    You may already have them. As to the Scramble Fighters Trait? Good luck getting a copy of it. I've never seen more than three or less on the Exchange at one time. And all of them were asking for more EC than some ships do. I do not know if the pricing is because of the rarity of the item or if it is that good or both.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    edited January 2020
    For KDF Superior Area Denial is another good trait. It's not cheap, but it's cheaper then what the feds pay.
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    It is awesome <3
  • chrisevans34chrisevans34 Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    well im going to work on getting the scramble fighters trait. i need to look at ways to keep healing my pets, as I really do love these Elite tactical fighters :) I got the Superior area denial trait. Have the swarmer matrix also. not gonna go with cannons as its a hellova long turning ship lol.
    Im also going into exotic skills simply to use grav well 1 with subspace vortex 2, really just to help group up the enemies to help my pets kill em. but i tell ya i loveeeeee watching all those beams firing everywhere, and with the superior area denial trait im also using the coordinated assault. And i slot BO and FAW on rotation so they constantly keep proccing the 2 traits its brill
    tho im still playing around atm as im still working on the toon building her up and getting reps done they only tier3 atm, so not got any gear. i am having fun using the Ferenginar plasma weapons.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    For KDF Superior Area Denial is another good trait. It's not cheap, but it's cheaper then what the feds pay.

I second this. Superior Area Denial is great. Even if you don't have hanger pets its great. If I could get it on my Fed main I would in a heartbeat.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    ACK. Wrong topic. Too many tabs open. Please delete. Thanks.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    rattler2 wrote: »

I second this. Superior Area Denial is great. Even if you don't have hanger pets its great. If I could get it on my Fed main I would in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I only use it on my KDF characters.. it's a great trait, but not worth the cost for Feds unless you also want the ship.

I had my D7 in my bank for a couple weeks, finally got around to unpacking it and setting it up using the build I linked above..

Very nice, this is a very cool ship. Since I use the Beams on my Discoprise it feels very different from that ship which is great. I also use a slightly different BoFF layout then my Discoprise so it doesn't feel like a copy/paste build.

I picked it up for 1.1 Billion, it was worth it. Great ship!
    just got myself the qoj for its trait :) just used my free T6 coupon :)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator

I WISH I could save up enough to get the Disco Connie. But with my current EC income... :'(
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

I WISH I could save up enough to get the Disco Connie. But with my current EC income... :'(

It was mostly just converting Dilithium to Zen, buying Promo packs with the Zen and selling them on the exchange. They have had so many R&D Promos this last year that they always seem to be available to flip.

It takes me longer then many to save EC, I generate funds using 10 characters.. many others use quite a few more. That will be my last big purchase for a few months. :smile:
    [/quote]
    It was mostly just converting Dilithium to Zen, buying Promo packs with the Zen and selling them on the exchange. They have had so many R&D Promos this last year that they always seem to be available to flip.

It takes me longer then many to save EC, I generate funds using 10 characters.. many others use quite a few more. That will be my last big purchase for a few months. :smile: [/quote]

I used to do this a long time ago when we were able to turn in contraband every 2hrs, but im working full time now, and with the change to once per day now its not easy at all to make 8K per toon per day, esp with 25+ toons lol

I WISH I could save up enough to get the Disco Connie. But with my current EC income... :'( [/quote]

It takes me longer then many to save EC, I generate funds using 10 characters.. many others use quite a few more. That will be my last big purchase for a few months. :smile: [/quote]

I used to do this a long time ago when we were able to turn in contraband every 2hrs, but im working full time now, and with the change to once per day now its not easy at all to make 8K per toon per day, esp with 25+ toons lol
    edited January 2020

Admiralty is quicker and easier for Dilithium then Contraband ever was.

Daily Admiralty every day on 25 characters would easily make you a billionaire. :wink:
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    For my discoprise I use:

Personal Traits: A good day to die, Last ditch efforts, Fleet Coordinator, context is for kings, Duelist fervor, sup beam training, beam barrage, Principled insubordination, Terran targeting systems, Sup torpedo training.

Starship Traits: Entwined Tactical Matrices, Vaulting Ambition, Supremacy, Dominion Coordination, Superior Ariel Denial.

Space Rep: Magnified Firepower 2, Energy Refrequncer 2, Advacned targetting system 2, Precision 2, Advanced Engines 2.

Weapons platform:

Fore: 4 advanced phasers, 1 Quantum phase torp
    Aft: 2 Advanced phasers, 1 Prolonged engagement torp

Universal Console: Phaser Tactical Exploiter.

Eng: Swarmer Matrix, Broadside Emitter Array, Quantum Phase Converter, Point Defense Bombardment Warhead, Hull Image Refrector

Sci: Proton Charge Launcher, Dynamic Power Redistributor, Ordnance Accelerator,

Tac: Phaser Tactical Exploiter, 2 Phaser Vulnerability Locator

Pretty much just change only the starship traits from time to time, removing sup ariel and dominion and replacing them with super charged weapons and or ceaseless momentum. Also from time to time i take out the Swarmer and replace it with Tachyokentic Convertor
    Even god rested. No work ethic.

Daily Admiralty every day on 25 characters would easily make you a billionaire. :wink:

ive tried admiralty and i dont get dil easily from it
    So what starship traits im trying out are all carrier/hanger bay focused, as i love carriers, and want my pets badass as i can.

Cooridanted assualt
    Superior area denial
    Unified Engineering
    Voth carrier synergies

now once i have unlocked the 5th trait, i can slot one more,
    Now there are a couple more nice traits i like
    scramble fighters, but with the lockout thing im kinda meh....its lost its edge for me now
    the t6 jem dready it seems nice - Dominion Coordination
    and the t6 breen carrier trait is nice too. - Reactive Repair Nanites

Oh im also using 3 flight deck doffs to reduce deployment speed futher.

i do wish there were more personal space traits for carriers, and wud love a reputation based around them too. A really good 4 piece space set wud be nice :)

thoughts on this? :)
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User

ive tried admiralty and i dont get dil easily from it

I find doing the ferengi admiralty gives me the most dil per msiion. ony do the ones that give ec's or dil and skip over the ones that don't.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.