test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Picard predictions

vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
My guess/predictions:
1. Starfleet has used Lore's, or B4's body to build an army of androids and I'm guessing Picard's relationship with Data, then B4, put him at odds with Starfleet about this, maybe this is why he resigned, his beef with Starfleet if you will.
The Androids being sentient, may have revolted and attacked the federation because they realized they were being used as war fodder and wanted to be free, or at least enjoy the rights Data had, again, I'm guessing Picard may have had a problem with creating androids to be exploited by Starfleet, this could be the moral split with Picard and Starfleet.
Picard must be troubled with Data's legacy being exploited in such a heinous way.

2. The Romulans, or a faction within what's left of the Romulans, either see the Federation developing an army of Data-ish androids as a threat or maybe they just want to gain an edge after losing Romulus and have decided to exploit Borg tech to make themselves some sort of super soldiers.
Maybe that's why Starfleet developed the Androids, in response to the Romulans playin around with Borg tech.

My guess is, 7 of 9 gets into this because of the Romulan's meddling with the Borg tech, perhaps she's trying to stop the exploitation of whom'ever is being assimilated against their will, or perhaps she just has a beef with the Romulans playing around with Borg tech.

The girl, I'm guessing she has a connection with the borg, it's been stated that she may be a borg queen and maybe the Romulans had that in mind, a borg queen they, (the Romulans) could control maybe a queen would be necessary to control these super borg soldiers, and maybe she escapes from the Romulans and is on the run from them, seeking out Picard because of his history with the Romulans, or the Borg...
They could have created this girl using something from the ship that either had queen DNA, or some tech that would/could transform her to one they could then use.

She also could be a recreation of Data's daughter too. But I'm guessing she more likely has the Borg connection instead.

Picard - may be also starting to see signs of that syndrome and may see this as his last chance to make a difference, set things right before his condition becomes more advanced.

I can't wait to see how this plays out.
tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Comments

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I agree that the girl is some kind of Borg Queen, but I also think she is Picard's daughter with the Borg Queen, but he doesn't know it right away.

Also I think after all the attacks the Federation has experience, the Dominion, Shinzon, The Borg, Cardassian, Maque Terrorists, Klingons, Breen, the Q messing with them and more only to have a major terrorist attack from Rogue Synths is just too much and Starfleet has shifted from a core focus as a humanitarian and scientific armada, to a much more military focus.

The federation politics becoming much more isolationist, perhaps even fracturing, with some species pushing to leave the federation entirely.

We already know Seven of Nine is somekind of Ranger, standing up to the chaos mostly outside of the federations borders (apparently as messed up as the federation is, Galatic Politics is even worse).

I'm predicting the shows new starring ship has a cloak.

I predict in a flash back we will see the Odyssey Class ship.

I'm predicting some stuff that no one will see coming.
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 450 Arc User
    I predict a house cleaning will take place, though it will be advertised as something else.

I'm sorry if that is taken as spilling a urine sample in anyone's footwear (unless you wear crocks) as that is not my intent. I sincerely hope that those who enjoy Star Trek: Picard are well served.

I just can't ignore that a pattern has developed and been maintained.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    valoreah wrote: »
    I predict more grimdark story narratives, some old Trek fans expecting a continuation of TNG to complain, statements about the show ruining the franchise, several quotes of "this is not Star Trek", and some people will like it.

Unfortnately you're probably right.

200.gif
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    valoreah wrote: »
    I predict more grimdark story narratives, some old Trek fans expecting a continuation of TNG to complain, statements about the show ruining the franchise, several quotes of "this is not Star Trek", and some people will like it.

Sadly I have become disgusted by modern fan culture and I don't expect the reactions to this show to be any different.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Sadly I have become disgusted by modern fan culture and I don't expect the reactions to this show to be any different.

I bet 5 ECs that we're gonna see the exact same arguments used against Discovery, which were used against the Kelvin Timeline movies, which were used against Enterprise.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

I bet 5 ECs that we're gonna see the exact same arguments used against Discovery, which were used against the Kelvin Timeline movies, which were used against Enterprise.

Probably, but that isn't actually what disgusts me. My issue is with people (adults, not children) who act like their favorite show/movie is literally perfect and the best thing ever made. Then if anyone has any issue with their favorite thing, they are labeled a hater or even some type of terrible "ist". So I'm expecting the same with Picard, and I expect those type of people to attack and insult anyone who raises any valid complaint with the show.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Yea... hell we've already had the "usual" YouTube personalities calling DOOOOOM before it even airs, and everyones "favorite" trying to say its a trainwreck as if he's seen it, even after they already announced its being picked up for a second season.

Clickbait Ranters looking for ad revenue if you ask me. With the amount of biased hate they spew, I'd sooner trust TrekYards because at least they SAY if its their opinion or not.

I respect peoples decisions, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. But COME ON! Attacking others with the "True Fan" Shtick because opinions differ?

Hate to say it Nagus... but yea I agree... some people just take it WAAAAAAY TOOOOO far.
    Hate to say it Nagus... but yea I agree... some people just take it WAAAAAAY TOOOOO far.

Definitely. And while there are insane "extremists" on both sides, I actually have a harder time dealing with the "it's perfect and if you disagree you're a hater" side. The reason is because the other side, ("it sucks", "it's the worst thing ever") is actually easier for me to ignore. Obviously you can't have a real discussion with someone like that.

But the "it's perfect and if you disagree you're a hater" side are actually fans of the show, which means they aren't going to leave. But at the same time, they can't tolerate valid criticism of the show and almost act like they are fighting for "civil rights" against anyone who has any issue with the show. To me, that kind of person is worse that a simple troll because the troll is easily dismissed while the other tries to make you the bad guy if you don't think the show is 100% perfect.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Well, one of the biggest complaints regarding JJTrek and Discovery was the designs of the ships, weapons, costumes, aliens, etc, and from what we've seen so far STP doesn't have any issues on that front. Everything looks exactly as it's supposed to so far. One thing that would make me VERY happy is if a klingon shows up at some point with TNG / DS9 makeup on.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    But the "it's perfect and if you disagree you're a hater" side are actually fans of the show, which means they aren't going to leave. But at the same time, they can't tolerate valid criticism of the show and almost act like they are fighting for "civil rights" against anyone who has any issue with the show. To me, that kind of person is worse that a simple troll because the troll is easily dismissed while the other tries to make you the bad guy if you don't think the show is 100% perfect.

I have yet to see that, but I've been subject to the opposite side A LOT. The "You're not a TRUE FAN if you like X" crowd who feels it is their sacred duty to "protect" the "Vision of Saint Roddenberry" and beat you into submission until you conform to their viewpoints. And even if you point out things that actually make sense or are actually plausible (like me saying the squarish nacelles in Discovery are an evolutionary step towards the TMP style, which doesn't apply to the Enterprise because she's an older ship already) they go off on a rant about how its all WRONG, it doesn't fit canon because we didn't see it in TOS, ect...

*sigh*
    Well, one of the biggest complaints regarding JJTrek and Discovery was the designs of the ships, weapons, costumes, aliens, etc, and from what we've seen so far STP doesn't have any issues on that front. Everything looks exactly as it's supposed to so far. One thing that would make me VERY happy is if a klingon shows up at some point with TNG / DS9 makeup on.

The Kelvin Timeline gets a pass because they gave us the Alternate Reality bone right in the first movie. The look of the Klingons wasn't too far off what we saw in the past honestly. Maybe mixing a bit of TOS and TNG.

I feel the complains about the ships in Discovery were kinda misplaced because if you use TOS as a measuring stick... then pretty much anything that isn't a Connie is wrong. We have had many interpretations of the TOS style ships, but the issue is that people forget that the Enterprise by that point is already 20 years old. She's not the cutting edge like Discovery was. On top of that... we kinda have no reference for any other class of Federation starship in TOS besides the Connie. We can guess what a TOS Miranda may have looked like, but at the end of the day we don't even know when that class was first launched. So for all we know the Miranda class was brand new in the time of Wrath of Khan.

But... when you deal with people who don't want to listen to reason... facts go out the window in favor of "BUT ITS WRONG!" arguments.

I have yet to see that,

Time to buy a lottery ticket, since you are that lucky :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Time to buy a lottery ticket, since you are that lucky :D

I wish. In Fate/Grand Order terms, I have E rank luck. If I was lucky I wouldn't have to grind for lockbox ships, and I might even have a Disco Connie. lol
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I predict it's going to fail and be forgotten, leaving no impact on the world.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    I predict Guinan will be in season 2 :p
    > @reyan01 said:
    > (Quote)
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Absolutely agree.
    >
    > Sadly all too many so-called fans decide what is and isn't 'correct'. I mean, I was actually quite amused by the reaction to the recent animated Short-Trek episodes; saw a few reviews which picked them apart and spouted nonsense about how X wasn't canon and blah blah. However (and no apologies for repeating myself here) it seemed to me that both of those animated Short Trek episodes shouted "aimed at a younger generation". They are both very Disney-esq in terms of how they were produced and how inoffensive the stories are, and really do feel as if they are intended to attract a younger auidience. I, for one, applaud that - never any harm in trying to attract new blood to an old franchise - it's worked pretty darn well for Star Wars for example. Fact is, I was able to sit and watch 'Ephraim and Dot' with my five year old daughter; she actually quite enjoyed it - and therein lies the point - I was able to sit and watch Trek content wtih a 5 year old! That should NOT be underestimated!
    >
    > The Trouble with Edward too; that one caused a fair amount of rage with some who reviewed it calling it the "worst thing that ever happened to Trek", with a huge amount of vitriol toward Captain Lucero - because apparently Trek Captains, particuarly Human ones, are all perfect specimens who have the answer to everything and rarely doubt themselves or make mistakes.
    > Yet by all accounts it seemed as if the episode was intended as a comedy of sorts, and not to be taken seriously.
    >
    > Star Trek seems to be trying to branch out and try new things, which will naturally include attempting to appeal to audiences it might not otherwise have attracted. It has worked for other franchises, therefore no reason to think it wouldn't work for Trek. As @mustrumridcully0 once said, it's the same toxic ownership that Star Wars fanboys seem to have doubled down on; if they have a nostalgic attachment to something it is immutable and holy and any attempt by the people who actually own that piece of entertainment to add or subtract to their own property is treated as a direct assault on all personal copies and memories held by the 'true fans'.
    >
    > So yeah, as others have said, I doubt 'Picard' will be viewed any differently and will be picked apart by those expecting TNG pt2 (despite the fact that the producers have outright said that it won't be). I dread to think how they'll react to 'Lower Decks'.

Do people not realize that those animated shorts were not entended to show actual events that happened but were to show what kind of cartoons Federation Children watch? They are canon in sense of being Federation media, but not "historical documents" like say DS9 and TNG or Picard is.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    So yeah, as others have said, I doubt 'Picard' will be viewed any differently and will be picked apart by those expecting TNG pt2 (despite the fact that the producers have outright said that it won't be). I dread to think how they'll react to 'Lower Decks'.

And you has been proved wrong, ppl seems to be loveing picard coz is well written, Disco and the shorts were not.

Stop blaming the fans..

Sorry for bad english.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    So yeah, as others have said, I doubt 'Picard' will be viewed any differently and will be picked apart by those expecting TNG pt2 (despite the fact that the producers have outright said that it won't be). I dread to think how they'll react to 'Lower Decks'.

And you has been proved wrong, ppl seems to be loveing picard coz is well written, Disco and the shorts were not.

Stop blaming the fans..

Sorry for bad english.

It is too early to tell whether Picard will have similar reactions to Discovery or if it will be well received like The Mandalorian.
    It certainly had a better premiere than Discovery did. Although, a cute alien would certainly help Picard.
    Stop blaming the fans..

The same fans who raged against Enterprise, Kelvin Timeline, and Discovery.

Trek fans tend to rip apart anything new, dating all the way back to TNG. The internet just made these objections far more noticeable as its in the public rather than just sending physical hatemail to the studio.
    > @rattler2 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The same fans who raged against Enterprise, Kelvin Timeline, and Discovery.
    >
    > Trek fans tend to rip apart anything new, dating all the way back to TNG. The internet just made these objections far more noticeable as its in the public rather than just sending physical hatemail to the studio.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with having traditions!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    starkaos wrote: »
    It certainly had a better premiere than Discovery did.

Let's be honest, it wasn't difficult to make a better pilot than the one Discovery had. "Lead Starfleet protagonist commits mutiny and attempts to commit an act of war against needlessly redesigned Klingons" is about as bad as it can get imo.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Let's be honest, it wasn't difficult to make a better pilot than the one Discovery had. "Starfleet officer commits mutiny and attempts to commit an act of war against needlessly redesigned Klingons" is about as bad as it can get imo.

> @rattler2 said:
    > Yea... hell we've already had the "usual" YouTube personalities calling DOOOOOM before it even airs, and everyones "favorite" trying to say its a trainwreck as if he's seen it, even after they already announced its being picked up for a second season.
    >
    > Clickbait Ranters looking for ad revenue if you ask me. With the amount of biased hate they spew, I'd sooner trust TrekYards because at least they SAY if its their opinion or not.
    >
    > I respect peoples decisions, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. But COME ON! Attacking others with the "True Fan" Shtick because opinions differ?
    >
    > Hate to say it Nagus... but yea I agree... some people just take it WAAAAAAY TOOOOO far.

Since one called upon Midnights Edge, here you go. At this point I just watch it for the laughs.

This one is brace for impact, it came out before Picard did.

https://youtu.be/rBnGGrr3txc

This one is their coverage of the first episode of Picard.

https://youtu.be/Ps4TNGvL8XY

And more post Picard rumours.

https://youtu.be/WnFTnjMO1DA

You know watching Midnight's Edge is alot more fun if you view it as a comedy show instead of news or commentary show.
    > @cerritourug said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > And you has been proved wrong, ppl seems to be loveing picard coz is well written, Disco and the shorts were not.
    >
    > Stop blaming the fans..
    >
    > Sorry for bad english.

Lots of people love Discovery, it's just that Discovery had a much tougher start, it has taken time to find itself like TNG did, ST: Picard knew what it was about and where it was going from the beginning.
    > @cerritourug said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > And you has been proved wrong, ppl seems to be loveing picard coz is well written, Disco and the shorts were not.
    >
    >
    > Sorry for bad english.

Lots of people love Discovery, it's just that Discovery had a much tougher start, it has taken time to find itself like TNG did, ST: Picard knew what it was about and where it was going from the beginning.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @cerritourug said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    >
    > Sorry for bad english.

In fact it generally considered that TNG didn't find itself until season 3, with season 1 and 2 considered "TOS without the fun"
    > @spiritborn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > In fact it generally considered that TNG didn't find itself until season 3, with season 1 and 2 considered "TOS without the fun"

Agreed, although I would be as hard on the first seasons of TNG, they had some fun episodes like Farpoint Station.

And as for those who say that the Federation would never ban Synths because of the attack on Mars, look at how the Federation treated genetically augmented humans, blocking most from Star Fleet and other important posts, with Bashir getting away with it because him Dad sacrificed his freedom in exchange. The attack on Mars (and Borg attacks), along with reports from Voyager about civilizations whose AI turned on them, would take those same anti transhumanist fears and turn them on Synths.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    In fact it generally considered that TNG didn't find itself until season 3, with season 1 and 2 considered "TOS without the fun"

I agree with this too. I can't think of any Trek that has so far had a blockbuster amazing start. Voyager, for all its faults, may have had a good start, but bogged down because of the half backed Klingons, aka Kazon. After they left them behind it was a bit better. DS9 probably didn't have as good a start, yet is held as one of the best in the franchise. And as you pointed out, TNG didn't really get its footing until season 3. I think that was actually when Gene backed off on control over the series, and when they switched to the uniforms we all know and love from TNG.
    > @rattler2 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I agree with this too. I can't think of any Trek that has so far had a blockbuster amazing start. Voyager, for all its faults, may have had a good start, but bogged down because of the half backed Klingons, aka Kazon. After they left them behind it was a bit better. DS9 probably didn't have as good a start, yet is held as one of the best in the franchise. And as you pointed out, TNG didn't really get its footing until season 3. I think that was actually when Gene backed off on control over the series, and when they switched to the uniforms we all know and love from TNG.

I actually didn't like the Caretaker pilot episode of Voyager. I'm like it more now then I did then, but I'm more forgiving now.