test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

neglected KDF faction: Klingon exclusive Event

Everybody knows, that the KDF faction is neglected ... for years.
But now we have a chance to do an awesome Klingon exclusive Event:
Klingon Temporal Agent of the Discovery Era
J'ula makes it possible!

Comments

• warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    why not a complete overhaul, ships, uniforms etc... before adding new KDF content. when was the last time something old was fixed/improved?
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Less than 30% of players create a KDF alternate character. It's not worth the work for so few players.

I disagree.

Each time I've created a new KDF character (4 Klingon, 3 Romulan, 3 Jem'Hadar) I've seen improvements to the KDF stories, some major some minor. First City was revamped. We keep getting new ships.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    KDF needs a lot of fixing, especially in bugs, after years of neglect really. I have for example reported multiple times in 4 years the bug that when you click to travel to KDF fleet starbase on sector space from Qonos it doesnt go to right place. Still in my opinion we got the best looking ships(in general shape because most got old textures), but less in amount of course, and visual updates come to our ships late if ever. I got to see what they plan with anniversary but if the leaks for the coming 10 ships are true then I am not impressed.

In a way KDF suffers from a downward spiral. Initially Cryptic didnt want to invest resources cause we were like less than 40% but as we got less and less attention(in everything) the population started going down and down and down to the point it is today and now they can even say "Lets go for unification, they are less than 15% of our players" for example to reduce the costs for making new content and ships. My guess is Cryptic, under PWE, was always in pressure for (financial) survival and therefore took sometimes fastest way to profit instead building a foundation for all factions. That said cant say Romulans or JH players should be happy either.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Other than recruits there will never be faction-exclusive events.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Star Trek by nature is Fed Centric because the show is based around the Federation. Naturally people will gravitate towards the "good guy" faction of the universe.

If you think the KDF is neglected today... you should have seen it years ago when you HAD to level a Fed to unlock KDF, and KDF started at around lv 20 with less content than Feds because I think KDF was set up more as a PvP faction vs the Fed PvE. They balanced it out over the years, unlocked KDF from the start...

Only complaint I have is First City is still a nightmare to navigate, at least to me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Star Trek by nature is Fed Centric because the show is based around the Federation. Naturally people will gravitate towards the "good guy" faction of the universe.

If you think the KDF is neglected today... you should have seen it years ago when you HAD to level a Fed to unlock KDF, and KDF started at around lv 20 with less content than Feds because I think KDF was set up more as a PvP faction vs the Fed PvE. They balanced it out over the years, unlocked KDF from the start...

Only complaint I have is First City is still a nightmare to navigate, at least to me.

It was

I had grinded a Fed captain to make my Klingon, but then again I didnt last lost back then and gravitated to other games. When they made it to full faction with an arc it felt promising and they will go on with it. The release of romulans further reinforced back then a hope that they will be seriously working on all and they did, for a while
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    well, we all know the Klingons are the alien trash of the galaxy
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
    edited January 2020
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

It was

I had grinded a Fed captain to make my Klingon, but then again I didnt last lost back then and gravitated to other games. When they made it to full faction with an arc it felt promising and they will go on with it. The release of romulans further reinforced back then a hope that they will be seriously working on all and they did, for a while

By the way, unlike the OP I would rather them make content for all same time, even if that means we get arcs etc slower rather than just klingon exclusive - everyone should matter is what is right

By the way, unlike the OP I would rather them make content for all same time, even if that means we get arcs etc slower rather than just klingon exclusive - everyone should matter is what is right

Which I believe is the reason why we haven't gotten a rerun of the Temporal Recruit event. Because that one is exclusively Fed. Delta and Gamma were all inclusive.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Which I believe is the reason why we haven't gotten a rerun of the Temporal Recruit event. Because that one is exclusively Fed. Delta and Gamma were all inclusive.
    Gamma is Dom only.
    warpangel wrote: »
    Gamma is Dom only.

But Gamma allies with Fed or KDF, which opens up Fed or KDF content.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Whats KDF???

Nothing to see here...long gone nonexistence faction that used to thrive in STO long ago.
    My Orion running around in a Kelvin D7 would like to have a word with you.
    ;)
    I got 7 toons, out of which 6, including my 3 main, are on KDF(Gorn Eng, Nausicaan Tac, Reman Tac, Romulan Sci, JH Tac, JH Vanguard Sci). My only Federation toon is my TOS engineer(using Sagittarius T6 with TOS Gemini skin). I mean only way to show them KDF is important is play your KDF toons and buy mostly KDF ships. I followed that and so far while i have bought a lot of ships on KDF/KDF alligned, I only bought 2 for my TOS.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    STO was always going to be FED centric since Star Trek itself is FED centric. When you look at it that way, the KDF faction actually has it pretty good in STO. There are a couple of really compelling reasons already to roll KDF characters over FEDs including incredibly cheap access to DPRM console as well as other meta consoles and ship traits that are ridiculously expensive for FEDs. KDF's are also better at acquiring contraband via doffing and can more easily make dilithium via doffing. So it's not really that bad as a KDF IMO.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I have 14 toons now, only 2 of them are fed (and not really fed), all the others are rom/fed, rom/kdf, or kdf. Progress have been made for the 2 "forgotten factions", stories, kdf uniforms, etc. (I don't put in "stories" all the discovery TRIBBLE)

it is perfectly understandable that the devs don't develop these two factions like the fed faction; the playerbase is fed after all. I would have personally liked more stuff for the kdf or rom faction, because i'm not a fed player and I don't like this faction ( a corny faction); but it is a dead dream. so, I use my imagination.

I just hope a little bit of love given to the uniforms (begun for the kdf), the rom uniforms for example are really crappy (clipping, hole etc). They should remove the restriction for the kdf characters, I mean the nausicaan armors useable by all the races in the kdf faction, they could add the lethean hood and more stuff already in game, but used only by the npc's. The talaxian clothes could be put in uniform too, i would like to use these clothes for my kdf boffs (zen wasted for nothing).

spacebarbie is the real endgame :p

If they could rework also Alexander's death, that would be awesome; currently it is just ridiculous (Worf's screams, lol, he looks like to a werewolf), and Alexander's animations are also ridiculous.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I think it is just too late in the game to expect man hours to be spent on faction specific "events" for "secondary" factions.

Unless it is organized by players or a fleet.

But then, would players even be interested? The onus being on collecting collecting collecting tokens during the "official" events these days... players would just as likely want a new tidbit Cryptic is rewarding with the current event or endeavor or reputation ... over playing fleet games.

Yes, I wish some odd ball bugs got taken cared of (that flight from Q'onos to the Fleet Starbase got me yesterday. I was chatting when I noticed the starbase flying by in the background... plus the transporter pad is still off the center mark).

To work within the bounds of what we have and find a way around what is broken. This is as it always was and destined to be with our faction, which is why most people gave up and pretend Starfleet is their gig, now.

And from the sounds of how things are changing and developing with the new Star Trek ...
    I don't think we can expect much more than a nod to other factions existing.

And you know: WE KDF have a lot we can work with. Some others don't.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    romulan uniforms getting a revamp would be nice, the uniforms are very utility coverallsesque, and one would think the republic would consider issuing a new one now that they've become THE romulan government
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Cryptic should just run that TOS Temporal Recruitment again, but have it open to both alignments with the "you must selected your faction" stipulation required, all the Fed factions & the KDF faction-aligned this time with the same rewards or even add a few more for giggles. Cryptic has stated they don't plan to rerun that TOS Temporal Recruitment again. It gives some nice rewards & advantages for those that were able to capture that recruitment!
    edited January 2020
    romulan uniforms getting a revamp would be nice...

Still want the Nemesis uniforms too.
    Cryptic should just run that TOS Temporal Recruitment again, but have it open to both alignments with the "you must selected your faction" stipulation required...

Problem is that the TOS arc is purely Fed. Having a TOS Klingon play those missions would make absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

While I do agree those Temporal Recruit rewards should be made available again... just opening it up to Fed and KDF like that won't work because the TOS arc is PURE Fed only. Why would a TOS era Klingon want to fight to save K-13, a Federation station? Why would a TOS era Klingon want to fight for the Federation at Caleb IV? And the same goes for TOS era Romulans too.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Then make us see and play the story with a KDF and ROM point of view. Make us see the other side of it!
    Rom would be harder than KDF - because that part of the story has already been written, if only from a purely fed pov - but it can be done.

Oh, but wait... that would require them to actually think of something that does not cater only to federation characters... yep, my bad.
    Forget I said anything.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2020

You kinda blew up your own thread right outta the gate. Never try and speak for the community or tell people what we supposedly know and think, it never ends well.
    ;)

I just thought this was funny because I too have an Orion flying a D7. It's the Discovery one, but still.. kinda funny. :lol:
    Oh, but wait... that would require them to actually think of something that does not cater only to federation characters... yep, my bad.
    Forget I said anything.​​

This is what I would like as well.

I am against the idea of 'Klingon Only' content because I feel that taking time to develop this content takes away development time from projects that would be played by a larger portion of the player base (statistics show that there are significantly more fed players then KDF.)

That being the case though, as you said.. I would prefer that stories that were developed had KDF paths that actually differed from the Federation decision so that every character doesn't have to act like a Federation officer. Even if these were just minor diversions in the story and we all ended up at the same point (because they kinda have to) it would be nice if there were branches to the cross faction story that were different depending on faction.

A pipe dream.. I know, but I can hope right? :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.

You kinda blew up your own thread right outta the gate. Never try and speak for the community or tell people what we supposedly know and think, it never ends well.
    ;)

I just thought this was funny because I too have an Orion flying a D7. It's the Discovery one, but still.. kinda funny. :lol:
    Forget I said anything.

This is what I would like as well.

I am against the idea of 'Klingon Only' content because I feel that taking time to develop this content takes away development time from projects that would be played by a larger portion of the player base (statistics show that there are significantly more fed players then KDF.)

That being the case though, as you said.. I would prefer that stories that were developed had KDF paths that actually differed from the Federation decision so that every character doesn't have to act like a Federation officer. Even if these were just minor diversions in the story and we all ended up at the same point (because they kinda have to) it would be nice if there were branches to the cross faction story that were different depending on faction.

A pipe dream.. I know, but I can hope right? :lol:
    We can ALWAYS hope!

It doesn't have to be something gigantic or even exclusive to the faction, but it would be nice to have.
    Like Surface Tension, where you have at least one line of dialogue you can choose that it's specific for your faction - should you wish to use it - with an equally specific answer.
    Now, this solution may not be right for this particular case, but it can serve as a "starting point" for going a bit further.

Of course, as you said, the story would still end at the same point, but would allow us to see it from different angles really be THAT bad?​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    It makes no sense for a Klingon or Romulan to help save Scotty and hang out with the TOS crew at the starbase so TOS Klingons and Romulans would require the work for creating a full set of new episodes just for a tiny sliver of a tiny sliver of the player base.

You can dream, but you'll have to wake up eventually.
    edited January 2020
    You can dream, but you'll have to wake up eventually.
    Now that I have your approval, I can sleep well tonight!

And since they're not re-running the Temporal Agent recruitment until they find a way to include all the factions - as per their own words, said more than once already - they will need to create a full set of new episodes... or you will need to "wake up eventually", too.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    New player to the game, first toon KDF. I'm only interested in KDF and I'm really happy with how it all looks and feels. The customisation for the KDF uniforms is insanely fun. Got to say I am truly impressed.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    But now we have a chance to do an awesome Klingon exclusive Event:
    Klingon Temporal Agent of the Discovery Era
    J'ula makes it possible!

Try imagine how neglected Romulans and Jem Hadar feel?
    New player to the game, first toon KDF. I'm only interested in KDF and I'm really happy with how it all looks and feels. The customisation for the KDF uniforms is insanely fun. Got to say I am truly impressed.

Enjoy! I think the KDF-exclusive story lines are very good if you are playing as a Klingon or with a Klingon mindset, instead of as a Nausicaan mercenary or Orion criminal, etc.

There are also a ton of good ships available.

People's complaints about KDF are mostly about not getting new content (other than ships) since new stories are set in the unified "alliance" and are shared by all factions. That and about little bugs not getting fixed.
This discussion has been closed.