test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge Officer Quality Changed After Purchasing

feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've submitted two tickets on this and have never received a response so I'm posting here, since this is obviously a bug:

I purchased a Very Rare bridge officer on the Exchange and verified it was purple while I outfitted him. I closed the status panel, did a few other things and later opened the status panel and discovered the B.O. had downgraded to rare (blue).

I would just like this B.O. returned to his very rare status.
Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
* With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
Post edited by feordilagorge on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    never heard of this bug, could be a screen shot or it never happened scenario. hopefully a dev can track the code but i dunno
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is it Romulan? I ask because there was an issue (at one time) on how purple/blue Romulan bridge officers ranking was displayed. Did the amount/ quality of traits change? The officer might change from very rare to rare, but none of the stats changed.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • aspheasphe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Check the number of Superior traits.

Some BOffs are considered 'Very Rare'/Purple if they have one Superior trait and 'Efficient'. But once in your roster, they become 'Rare'/Blue since they have only one Superior trait.

Consider this another example of Typos in Cryptic Games. (Paratrinic Shield Mk X!)*

So yes, those 'rare' efficients that you buy... will turn green.

*Mark 11

PS Don't expect a quick fix, it has been like this since boffs + Traits were put in.
  • stilletojoestilletojoe Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've submitted two tickets on this and have never received a response so I'm posting here, since this is obviously a bug:

I purchased a Very Rare bridge officer on the Exchange and verified it was purple while I outfitted him. I closed the status panel, did a few other things and later opened the status panel and discovered the B.O. had downgraded to rare (blue).

I would just like this B.O. returned to his very rare status.

I have had this exact thing happen at least twice that I am positive about. First I purchased a purple Lethean on my KDF because he had efficient. I assigned him, geared him up and was ready to go but when I went back to my crew list he was now blue instead of purple. Now most recently this same thing happened with a purple Saurian, efficient. I dismissed a blue human science officer to make room (who I thought was also purple when I assigned her but I wasn't really paying attention then). After gearing her up I went to my crew list to make sure my ship slots were manned and there the new Bridge Officer formerly purple has changed to blue.

Respectfully,
    Stilletojoe
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just more bugs, I guess.

I recently purchased the Borg bridge officer from the C-Store and figured it would be Very Rare. I was disappointed to see that when I commissioned her, she was blue (Rare).

Later I was surprised (and pleased) to see that she had turned purple.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • cesaw70cesaw70 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I have noticed that Gorn BOff rewards for DOff missions frequently appear to be purple/very rare quality, yet once they are commissioned, they are only blue/rare quality. Even when they have two superior traits on the hover-over, once commissioned, the only have one. I have been noticing this problem with the Gorn on my KDF for over two years now.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Yup... this has been going on forever. It is especially noticeable on Gorn BOFFs for KDF.

It is sad to see it has migrated to other races and factions. But they have never come up with a solution. Best thing to do: pick your BOFFs by trait...not by the color rank.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    There is no difference for the trait if the Boff is white green blue or purple. No need to buy purpple superior romulan operative - the blue ones are exactly the same. But you are welcome to buy buy my overprized purple ones :smile:
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)