test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so i took charge of the fleet im in now fleet leader

papa101#8351 papa101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Trying to demote the old fleet leader 2 weeks+ how long will it really take? I keep trying and it tells that only one can be demoted at a time
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Trying to demote the old fleet leader 2 weeks+ how long will it really take? I keep trying and it tells that only one can be demoted at a time

Methinks the rules has changed overtime, but the standard was if still viable---180 days of in game inactivity.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Yes, you can only demote one at a time. The reason for this is to make it harder to steal a fleet. Imagine if you got a single character promoted and were allowed to instantly kick out all the other leaders. That's why the system is the way it is.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Yes, you can only demote one at a time. The reason for this is to make it harder to steal a fleet. Imagine if you got a single character promoted and were allowed to instantly kick out all the other leaders. That's why the system is the way it is.

I can confirm this, I took over my fleet some time ago, and had to spend quite a long time demoting the leaders who hadn't been logged in for 2+ years.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    PSA: If your fleet lead and have to be away for some time... deployment etc... kick everyone out of fleet before you go...
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    PSA: If your fleet lead and have to be away for some time... deployment etc... kick everyone out of fleet before you go...

That's not ethical behavior, or honorable for a KDF fleet lead. It's betraying members in good standing who have helped build your fleet.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    This here is why fleets have trouble convincing players to invest dil.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    This is why any good fleet needs a strong core of 3-5 coequal leaders who inherently trust each other. In my case, we run our fleet with one of my best friends IRL and he's known the other leaders for around 10 years. When one or two of us are away, there's at least 3 or 4 others around to run the show and keep everything in place.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

That's not ethical behavior, or honorable for a KDF fleet lead. It's betraying members in good standing who have helped build your fleet.

I can already hear him say: "To Hell with Honor!"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.