test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deferi/Breen arc New Bug?

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
edited January 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
did the deferi/breen mission cold call yesterday and it keeps giving me the rewards for the mission, ive gotten the cryo grenade 6? times now just trying to just move on.

are there any other missions that have been doing that?
Post edited by spy8446 on

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Um uh I did that very mission this afternoon and it worked fine. Collected all of the mission rewards once and that was it. No malfunctions. but I have been experiencing cut scenes with double images on some people who are in them and someone else i know doesnt have the double image at all.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    First, OP could you update the title of the post and make it less vague? Seems to be an isolated bug since fred is not suffering from it. Also, I am confused about what exactly the bug is that you are reporting. Can you be more specific? Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Are you trying to get that Breen Deflector... And it is not dropping??? I think this is one of those items your character can get only once.

This is also an item that has visuals attached to it.... Make sure the program did not place it in your ships visual slot... Instead of inventory, as I have seen this problem crop up a couple of times already... As in mentioned in the bug forums lately
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Visual_Slots

That is a list of gear that has visuals attached to them from the wiki.

Any of these items in this list can end up in the visual slot instead of where you expect it to be. Especially if it is one of those automatic transactions (like moving it around the inventory or bank to the gear slots by clicking)...instead of drag and drop.... and apparently acquiring a new item as a reward is working that way, too. ??? I am not sure if those items should be preferring the visual slot over inventory or bank or gear slot.

So, go to ship stats and click on the tab marked "visuals"

@baddmoonrizin @ambassadorkael#6946
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    So I was collecting the cryo grenades (had none) now I am at the max number of them that I can have, I would collect the rewards, then it would pop up again right after I collect, and I could collect the same rewards all over again.
    At first it was fun because more dil and items, then it got annoying so I have now dropped the mission as I was only after breen kills to start with.

I hope its only effecting me, but who knows