test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing: The Picard Bundle!

Comments

• phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You only need one Ship Upgrade Token as the Ship upgraded will be unlocked as such for the Account. The Privateer Uniform stinks. I already have the Thompson Account unlocked, but again, it stinks.

I don't think I saw anyone complain about the upgrade token. That's always been a single claim, even in other packs. It's totally understandable since it applies account-wide anyway once you use it.
    I mentioned it once simply because I was quoting the C-store entry.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I can confirm that I do have an unpacked Privateer Outfit in my shared bank. And the C-store suggests that I already own the Captain Picard Bundle. Something I do wonder though. I own the one (1) copy of the Privateer Outfit from the Lobi Store. That item is per character. A player who buys this bundle should still get one more copy of the Privateer outfit - which can be traded - when the bugs are sorted, correct?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The character I first checked it out on had two Thompsons, one Epic Mk XV and one unupgraded (it would never let me upgrade that second at all). I dumped the unupgraded one and it still said I owned the Bundle. I tried on three other Characters that never claimed it from the Account Unlock and it still said I owned the Bundle.

That Thompson has been borked from the start. The first day it released it dropped into Inventory as VR Scaling (Infinity symbol). When you put it in the Upgrade it became Mk X automatically but would not allow the free upgrades to Mk XII. I upgraded it to Mk XV Epic but I had to pay for XI and XII. They subsequently fixed that.

The game allowed me to claim a second Thompson but the system would never let me upgrade that at all. It stayed at VR Infinity and said that it was fully upgraded already.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @phoenix841 said:
    > You must be new here. :smiley:
    > Blog posts are immutable, errors and all. They rarely, if ever, change blog posts.

Or the GNN post. They pointed one to the wrong Blog Post, it was pointed out and the correct URL was included by a few of us in Reply Posts, but they never fixed the GNN OP.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    I guess you are not allowed to talk about this in general discussion.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Hopefully they will extend the sale for this bundle to allow people who have to wait until next week to purchase it.

I'm hoping that by the time the bundle bug is fixed that the Privateer costume would be upgraded to account unlock, because that along with the T6 Miradon Raider account unlock would have made this bundle worth it for people who already have the rest of what's available in the Picard Bundle.

I know, I know, the Combat Tardigrade was said to eventually account unlocked, and as far as I can tell that never happened. So I can't hold my breath. :confounded:

Oh yeah, that Combat Tardigrade being account-wide never happened lol surprise surprise.

I think for players buying this bundle the Tommy Gun should've been account-wide & would've been simple enough to do. I'm not too sure about Lobi items being made account-wide being easy or not, but Cryptic has stated they've considered such a feat so this bundle would've been a great opportunity to test it out.

Cryptic should've definitely extend the sale at least pass if/when they solve their technical issue. There's definitely more Miradorns being piloted about though.

Maybe if enough people buy this bundle as it is though Cryptic will see no incentive to fix it or improve it.
  • mark#1633 mark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    For me, the biggest thing is not the bundle as I already have all of it anyway - but the reworked textures for the Galaxy class hull and they've finally given us a proper looking deflector dish! It looks stunning and I've seen this will extend to the Intrepid and Defiant classes! So, well done Cryptic on that front -very happy to see the love they've been given.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Do you have to remove the tommygun from all toons and Boffs? I keep getting the message that I already purchased it but the only things I have are a couple of the costumes from the give away long ago and the Constellation along with the enterprise d bridge
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Do you have to remove the tommygun from all toons and Boffs? I keep getting the message that I already purchased it but the only things I have are a couple of the costumes from the give away long ago and the Constellation along with the enterprise d bridge

There is a current bug where people who already own the tommygun are unable to claim the pack.
    According to kael it will be fixed with the next patch/maintenance.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    I keep getting I own the bundle the only thing I have is the outfits tng and enterprise d bridge back and a constellation on one of my toons I know a few toons have tommyguns but I cannot seem to claim it on anyone
    Ah ok so if you have it in other toons it is messed up
  • lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »
    lordbeefy7 wrote: »
    Ive got the tommy gun account unlocked from the event and I managed to buy the picard bundle ok....guess i'm just lucky then!

If I may ask, is there any particular reason why you bought it? Was there a certain peice of the bundle that you wanted, or did you like the package as a whole?

For the lockbox ship...I love the miradorn, it totally appeals to my aesthetic. I have had the zen building up from lifetime sub so didn't cost me much ( had to buy 1000 zen).

No way Id buy it at full price tho.

• tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I'm not the best person to comment on this, as I haven't even turned my TV on in years, nor have I seen any of the Treks past DS9 (except half an episode of Enterprise at a friends place). That said, from what I recall the Miradorn were a DS9 thing and had nothing to do with Picard.

If I was releasing a 'Picard bundle' I'd most likely do so with things, you know, Picard related. The tommy gun was a good choice. Maybe some Borg costume options that could be applied to non-Borg characters. Maybe a DOff or BOff from a Picard episode. Maybe a 'play the flute' emote.

As for ship, a desirable ship that is somehow related to either Next Generation Picard, movie Picard, or even 'new show' Picard would make more sense than a 2-year old lockbox/Infinity ship. Not saying the Miradorn isn't a decent little ship that is nice to have as an account unlock, just that it doesn't seem very Picard-ish.

So for the more up-to-date on canon/lore/all things Picard, which ship should have been attached to a Picard bundle?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Look, folks, we're just going to be merging all of the Picard Bundle threads here for convenience in reporting problems and sharing solutions. Thanks. /Merged...again.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    for those waiting for the ship to be in the T6 tab by itself... dont hold your breath. T6 coupons would mean they would have to give it away for free. it will always be in a bundle. if they ever do at it by itself, it will be excluded from any coupon use... no free T6 or 50% off coupons they have now.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Aweful price even at half that. This bundle at the very least should have the T6 Andromeda class and the mirror version of that. Superhard pass. Almost entirely filler except for one T6 ship.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    for those waiting for the ship to be in the T6 tab by itself... dont hold your breath. T6 coupons would mean they would have to give it away for free. it will always be in a bundle. if they ever do at it by itself, it will be excluded from any coupon use... no free T6 or 50% off coupons they have now.

The large window in the launcher said it would be available in the C-Store, but like someone else noted that announcements were often wrong anyways.

But if it's released by itself, there'd be a cooldown period before we can use the coupon tokens, like other new ships. Would be nice to be able to use the tokens I've gotten recently :)
    We have stuff three releases back that's still in the New Tab, so it'd be a long time before you could ever use the Free Coupon on it. The 50% can be used immediately on a Ship's release.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    tigeraries wrote: »

The large window in the launcher said it would be available in the C-Store, but like someone else noted that announcements were often wrong anyways.

But if it's released by itself, there'd be a cooldown period before we can use the coupon tokens, like other new ships. Would be nice to be able to use the tokens I've gotten recently :)

It is in the C-Store. That's 100% correct. They never said it would sold by itself or available in the Ships tab.
    The 50% off and purchased coupons can be used for any regular ship immediately upon release.

However even if it is eventually sold separately in the future, they wouldn't allow any coupon to ever work with it, just like the Vizier (Command Assault Cruiser). The 50% off and purchased T6 gift coupons do not work on that ship.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Aweful price even at half that. This bundle at the very least should have the T6 Andromeda class and the mirror version of that. Superhard pass. Almost entirely filler except for one T6 ship.
    I actually find it surprising how it wasn't included, I remember some time back that they did a sale for the Andromeda for only 1000 zen.

• futilepurposefutilepurpose Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    You look at it from a wrong angle.
    I think the big Idea was to sell a Lobi ship for the account. Point. Thats it.

Everything else is just a bonus to draw more attention to it. T5 and T3 ships arent really topseller.

And the Miradorn itself is probably (i guess) the least desired and sold Lobi ship ever. So they think about how to make money of a ship nobody wants.

Tadaaa :-)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I kind of like that they might be losing potential sales from putting an event item into the cash shop rather than the phoenix box.
    edited January 2020
    Advanced Obelisk

Why do you people keep insisting on calling this a Lobi Ship? It is NOT. It is/was a Lockbox Ship (Privateer/Infinity). It's Console 'Buddy', the Husnock, is a Lobi Ship.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2020

And the Miradorn itself is probably (i guess) the least desired and sold Lobi ship ever. So they think about how to make money of a ship nobody wants.

Tadaaa :-)

Or they're trialing an idea with something expendable. If it flops, then hey it was just a one time thing. It's difficult to set a precedent/expectation. If there's support for it, especially by those insisting on "JUST LET ME BUY THE DAMN THING IN THE C-STORE" then they can take it a step further.

See also. Mudds and selling a "special" ship at a high price from a bygone promo (which again if it flops doesn't obligate them to continue the format or undermine something else with new expectations.) It's almost as if they're looking for ways to sell something other than perpetual RNG packs... (like just about everyone else in the industry) ;)

Basically don't TRIBBLE on it too much because even if it isn't for [insert person here] it's another example of experimentation with the C-store over other monetization channels.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Advanced Obelisk

Why do you people keep insisting on calling this a Lobi Ship? It is NOT. It is/was a Lockbox Ship (Privateer/Infinity). Its Console 'Buddy', the Husnock, is a Lobi Ship.
    I would be more interested in this bundle if the Husnock was included within it, or even if it replaced the raider entirely as I avoid flying those.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I'll pay the six thousand zen for a bundle, if its a really good bundle, and I'm interested in most of what's in it. I'm not even into space barbie but I believe I have most of the outfits, have the T3 and T5, and don't care about the Miradorn. Make this a Tholian, Terran, Romulan, or whatever bundle, throw in a lockbox ship with some other interesting doo dads that veteran players may not have, and it will sell. This set, meh, easy pass at this price.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
This discussion has been closed.