test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing: The Picard Bundle!

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I'll take "Marketing is out of touch with reality" for 6000, Trebek!

(Seriously, there have been a number of offers lately that have really left me scratching my head. Did something change recently with your marketing personal?)

I think they have Star Citizen envy, but I've always thought Cryptic's marketing has been a bit zealous. I just either buy or don't buy if I think it has enough value, voice my opinion about it, & have gave up trying to figure their reasons for their decisions.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    While this bundle is an easy pass, I'm interested to see if more lock box ships will be sold this way. There are a number of ships that I'd be interested in purchasing and if the bundle was better then this one, I'd pull the trigger on it for 6k zen. But only if it was a really good bundle and the ships were account wide unlocks. Maybe a nice Tholian bundle for instance.

yes, or a kelvin bundle or Terran Bundle, etc.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    C-Store Ship == Account Unlock
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    It is also particularly frustrating to have one of these ships and realize this would probably work better for a different character that is specialized into different weapons and a different build than the one I use it on, cause it is stuck on the character I open it on. Because of how expensive that process is, to upgrade a whole set of different weapons, respec and all of that just to try out a different build, I rarely even do it for normal ships, yet an accountwide unlock would also help that situation be less frustrating because I could just use it on the character I think it is better for.

I pulled this part out in particular because I think it gets to the crux of argument. Would I like to see the promo, lockbox, and other ships go account wide, yes, I absolutely would for the simple fact I would be able to claim virtually any ship on any toon since I own them all. So again YES PLEASE however I also recognize that's not going to happen without some other way for Cryptic to keep the cash coming in. As it is right now, you have various checks to keep you from simply opening a box out of the blue and there's a reason it can be a pain in the aft shuttle bay to open one. When you get a lockbox ship, promo, lobi etc, it's up to you to make sure you open it on the correct toon, and is absolutely not their problem if you don't. I know that sounds cold, but it's not their problem to make sure you open the box on the correct toon, that's purely on you. I'm not going to complain if they make them account wide, but that won't happen until a way is found to make sure Cryptic is able to make at least what they are now, or perhaps more than they would have by keeping them character specific.

Ultimately we don't know for sure all the potential ways to buy the items will be. All we know is just this one bundle so far, and with every large bundle that I've ever seen them do, you could always pick and choose what you wanted/needed with very very very rare exceptions to that rule. I would encourage folks to wait and reserve their judgements until we actually have it in hand

No you're really misunderstanding what I wrote. I do think through a ship and its build and which character I would use it on, heavily. So great is that decision that with a number of these box ships I see that I like, I can't actually decide which character would be best for it, or even if I should make a brand new character purpose built around that ship because I can't quite figure out the build for it without actually flying it and seeing how it all works together. Frankly none of my builds do go unchanged from the drawing board to their final state.

That is why I only have 2 box ships despite having played this game since launch. I do not get them, I do not chase them, unless I'm stupidly sure of what I want to do with it because I know full well I'll figure something out and want to change and try new things, yet my ability to do so is limited. If/when they become account wide, suddenly I don't have that red light stopping me from exploring these ships and their possibilities, and that means I might actually buy some more.
  • haarddhaardd Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    WHAT, no flute???????
    one of the MOST IMPORTANT things in Piccard's life.........FORGOTTEN
    LTS4LIFE
  • dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    haardd wrote: »
    WHAT, no flute???????
    one of the MOST IMPORTANT things in Piccard's life.........FORGOTTEN

not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard at this...
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
    ok, I'm confused, why does it say I've purchased the bundle in the C-store when I haven't bought it?
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Shows buyable for me now on rom or different fed, If you already have one the fed ships commissioned it might not show up maybe?
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Looks like you cant buy if you have most of the stuff like the galaxy pack.
    https://imgur.com/5zj26S4

well there goes the question about a discount for owning parts of it already. 0% discount cause you wont be able to buy it if you already own the T3 or T5 ships.

edit: Having 2 tommy guns in inventory/characters will break bundle...
    Post edited by tigeraries on
    Shows up as buyable on my Romulan but not my fed.

it doesn't show up as buyable on anyone for me.
    so I'm kept from owning a ship I have wanted for a while because I was supporting the game?! where is the logic in that, I'm so furious right now I could start a franchise of logic defying movies starring the The Rock...
  • ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well, as someone that likes having a new ship dumped in their lap, I welcome the Miradorn raider to my collection.
    Or I WOULD, if I could get it.
    Perhaps because the only thing I don't have from that bundle is the raider, I can't buy it.
    edited January 2020
    ronthefan wrote: »
    Well, as someone that likes having a new ship dumped in their lap, I welcome the Miradorn raider to my collection.
    Perhaps because the only thing I don't have from that bundle is the raider, I can't buy it.
    I just tested it, It is having 2 tommyguns in your inventory already that breaks it, Delete unupgraded one and it becomes buyable.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    It shows up as purchased for me, even though I haven't bought the pack, but I own all the parts of it. The ship however isn't in the tier 6 part of the store. Interesting.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

blitzy4 wrote: »
    It shows up as purchased for me, even though I haven't bought the pack, but I own all the parts of it. The ship however isn't in the tier 6 part of the store. Interesting.

same thing that has happened to me. except no raider and no privateer outfit anywhere to be seen.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    same thing that has happened to me. except no raider and no privateer outfit anywhere to be seen.

It really depends on what they're going for. If this is a way (a test) to allow general usage of lock box ships, then it might be bugged but not working as intended, if not bugged but working as intended.

jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

It really depends on what they're going for. If this is a way (a test) to allow general usage of lock box ships, then it might be bugged but not working as intended, if not bugged but working as intended.

you have a point there, but I'm still reasonably annoyed.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ronthefan wrote: »
    I just tested it, It is having 2 tommyguns in your inventory already that breaks it, Delete unupgraded one and it becomes buyable.

what about ships? Does owning the T3 and T5 also break it or just the gun?

This is ridiculous. I will GLADLY pay the 3K of Zen to get the raider on its' own, bonus being ALL my toons get to use it, but having ONE part of the bundle invalidates buying it.

Someone get in contact with the devs so they can un-TRIBBLE this.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Was just 2 of the guns in inventory for me, already had galaxy pack and ships, even showed up on a toon with a miradorn commisioned, i deleted un-upgraded tommy gun and showed buyable for me.

Was just 2 of the guns in inventory for me, already had galaxy pack and ships, even showed up on a toon with a miradorn commisioned, i deleted un-upgraded tommy gun and showed buyable for me.

I tried that, got no different result. oh well, glad you got it. :)
    Did the same. No boat.

I tried that, got no different result. oh well, glad you got it. :)

Same. I got rid of my tommy gun, but still cannot get it.
    If Cryptic put the Raider in the ship up for sale separately, there would be no complaints. They haven't.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Far as account wide unlocking of the Miradorn, it will most likely work like the Galor and t5 Dominion ships did during Victory is Life. The Galor was an account wide unlock and I don't see why they wouldn't retroactively unlock it for the Miradorn folks. If they don't, then I suspect they will sell just that ship individually on its own at some point and folks can pay the 3k zen to unlock it for your account. It would suck to have to pay the 3k zen instead of it being a retroactive unlock, but at least it would be an unlock. I do know folks have been asking for some of the lockbox and promo ships to be made account unlocks for awhile. How they go about it or should go about it is up for debate, but is a different can of worms. I do have to ask though, define what you mean by "this isn't the one I want" and that 4th statement I quoted above. What exactly do you want?

As for number 5, I would like to see them do a retroactive thing for account unlocks, but I'm not going to be surprised if they don't either. As a service to the customers I would hope they do a retroactive thing, but if not I see it like buying an item then getting mad that a week later they put that same item on sale and demanding a partial refund.

I wouldn't mind my lockbox T5 Galor being a retroactive account unlock, mostly for the disruptors. :) But sadly it's not.
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    I wish the dev's would engage with us a little on here, and not just leave things to build in one direction or another. Like of you already have the lobi outfit and the Miradorn do those become retroactively account unlocks now? Cause honestly, least from my point of view putting them in the c-store like this kills or should kill their exchange market value. Not to mention what should that mean for the outfit in the lobi store or the Ship in lockbox drops.

Sadly I am not surprised to see that there is no discount for owning most everything in the pack, I would consider it just for the account unlock of the Miradorn and the Lobi outfit, as it would give all my toons access to the ship trait and the experimental weapon, instead of the singular toon that is themed as a Pirate around that ship.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Any one that does not have the ter 6 ship. Getting the red text saying you own THE PICARD BUNDLE when when you have not bought it?
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    darthorici wrote: »
    Any one that does not have the ter 6 ship. Getting the red text saying you own THE PICARD BUNDLE when when you have not bought it?

I have not bought it... and I have not received any red text saying I own THE PICARD BUNDLE.
    picard-meme-use-the-force-harry.jpg
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    It was noted by a player on the Reddit forums that it states the raider uniform and Thompson are a single character unlock only, not account wide.
    Just a note for those looking at buying it.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    nikolunus wrote: »
    I wish the dev's would engage with us a little on here, and not just leave things to build in one direction or another. Like of you already have the lobi outfit and the Miradorn do those become retroactively account unlocks now? Cause honestly, least from my point of view putting them in the c-store like this kills or should kill their exchange market value. Not to mention what should that mean for the outfit in the lobi store or the Ship in lockbox drops.

Sadly I am not surprised to see that there is no discount for owning most everything in the pack, I would consider it just for the account unlock of the Miradorn and the Lobi outfit, as it would give all my toons access to the ship trait and the experimental weapon, instead of the singular toon that is themed as a Pirate around that ship.

The Privateer outfit and the tommy gun aren't account-wide even in the bundle. See Note 4 in the C-Store description. It says only the character that buys the pack gets the T5-U upgrade, gun, and Outfit.
    That, plus the claiming issues have been discussed a lot on Reddit. The devs already mentioned on Facebook they are going to look into it "early next week", after the sale is over I presume.

Frankly, with the privateer outfit only for one character, there's really no point in this bundle now for me. I can buy every single item I'm missing from that pack for less than the sale price, since I don't care about the Miradorn, it was more of a "nice to have".

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/epn6kr/psa_privateer_outfit_and_machine_gun_picard/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/epm4fu/picard_bundle_bug/
    ambassadorkael Community Manager2 points ·1 hour ago

Turns out the issue is the Tommy Gun. If you own it, you can't buy the bundle. Since lots of people own it, lots of people are being locked out.

We're gonna fix it, but it's gonna have to wait until the next maintenance. :(
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I just had to deal with a friend who wanted to buy it, but can't and is raging because "its the second coming of Delta Rising! Its the end of STO because this is an Insult to Picard!" And generally acting like Picard is some kind of holy saint and the fact people are being prevented from purchasing this bundle is some kind of blasphemy that will destroy the game.

Suffice to say... I tried to calm him down since bugs happen. Fact of MMO life. But no matter what I tried... he was convinced the game's gonna die because of this bug. One. Single. Bug. That ain't game breaking. Inconvenient? Yes. But not game breaking.
    Also I don't see the point in raging if its a known bug that is being actively worked on as we speak.

Would I like to have it? Maybe. Mostly for the Miradorn and the Privateer outfit as account unlocks (which the outfit should be honestly if its in the C-Store). But I'm probably not gonna be able to afford it, and I have most of the stuff already, including the Tommy Gun that is blocking me from it as well.

At the end of the day... raging and crying DOOOOM ain't gonna fix anything.
    Anyone else having to deal with that? lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.