test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Al Rivera on Twitter: "In the recording booth with a VERY special guest..."

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    It would be nice, especially since it would be the very first time an actual iconic captain participates in the game (not counting the disco stand ins).

While Lorca still technically counts as a Captain, the nature of Discovery does kinda limit the prestige... unless you're Anson Mount playing Pike.

For a 'special' TV show like ST:Discovery, 'Captain' refers to the main/lead character. So until, ST: Pike becomes a reality, Captain Pike is in the same boat as Captain Lorca.

Quick, Cryptic, invite Anson Mount to do some VO before the lock!
    rattler2 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    It is also possible that somewhere in secret Lore was reassembled.

Lore wouldn't have the memorial hologram of Tasha though.

Aye, and I know that some people don't realize that there's about 10 years to go until the time of STO. A lot can happen in that time.

After all, we became admirals within a game year ;)
    If you could wave a wand and bring in a big name for STO, who would it be?

Paraphrasing a certain question from an interview. Answer was Patrick Stewart....
    garaks31 wrote: »

Wrong Spock, but both Spocks were doing VO work for STO. While I'm happy it sounds like the current director want's go for a new cast and direction for the next movie, I wouldn't mind Zachary Quinto returning for a different role (or reconfigure the tutorial Emergency Medical Hologram to be less annoying....).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    For a 'special' TV show like ST:Discovery, 'Captain' refers to the main/lead character. So until, ST: Pike becomes a reality, Captain Pike is in the same boat as Captain Lorca.

However Pike has more clout as he is an established Captain of the Enterprise. Lorca was created specifically for Discovery.

Aye, and I know that some people don't realize that there's about 10 years to go until the time of STO. A lot can happen in that time.

After all, we became admirals within a game year ;)

To be fair... we got quite a few "battlefield promotions". Hell... the current tutorial has you starting as a Cadet and you jump all the way to Admiral in a year. The old one you were already an Ensign, then jumped up through the ranks to Admiral.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    there is one other prominent actor who is appearing in Picard that y'all have missed...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/star-trek-picard-trailer-1245871
    Spock.jpg

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    They're hyping it up just a little bit too much. Hopefully they deliver.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Hyping it up? A twitter post is less hype than we got on the build up to ViL.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    My money is on Q Mr John de Lancie. his Q has a strong tie to captain Jean-Luc Picard.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    darthorici wrote: »
    My money is on Q Mr John de Lancie. his Q has a strong tie to captain Jean-Luc Picard.

Or perhaps Mark Allen Shepherd?

He had so many great lines in DS9, it would be a delight to have him do some voice overs in the game. Perhaps he could re-record some of the dialogue for Kurland.
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Well, you might recall the subtitle for the next 'season' is "Legends".

That being said, I'd imagine encountering 'legendary' officers from across all the Star Trek universe, especially captains, like:
    James Kirk (likely William Shatner)
    Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart)
    Benjamin Sisko (Avery Brooks)
    Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew)
    Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula)

Additional characters I'm personally anticipating would include Ezri Dax (Nicole deBoer) on the Aventine (as referenced by Julian Bashir at the end of the Gamma Quadrant arc), Will Riker (Jonathan Frakes) on the Titan, Hikaru Sulu (George Takei) on the Excelsior (would be a nice addition for the "Captain's Table"). I would love to see Jadzia Dax (Terry Farrell) in some way, too, as I think Worf references her during one of the Klingon missions.

And, I've seen it mentioned several times, so add me in on wanting to see John de Lancie as the omnipotent being Q, as well as Jonathan del Arco reprising Third of Five / Hugh.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The anniversary is usually in February, I forgot the exact day though.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    (Discussion of moderation, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I doubt it will be Q due to his connection with Star Trek Timelines. I would be very surprised to see Spiner. My guess is Picard. And only doing it to promote his show - ie. he's doing it, by his definition of 'free.'

I'd put my money on this!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    crioijouls wrote: »
    Well, you might recall the subtitle for the next 'season' is "Legends".

That being said, I'd imagine encountering 'legendary' officers from across all the Star Trek universe, especially captains, like:
    James Kirk (likely William Shatner)
    Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart)
    Benjamin Sisko (Avery Brooks)
    Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew)
    Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula)

Additional characters I'm personally anticipating would include Ezri Dax (Nicole deBoer) on the Aventine (as referenced by Julian Bashir at the end of the Gamma Quadrant arc), Will Riker (Jonathan Frakes) on the Titan, Hikaru Sulu (George Takei) on the Excelsior (would be a nice addition for the "Captain's Table"). I would love to see Jadzia Dax (Terry Farrell) in some way, too, as I think Worf references her during one of the Klingon missions.

And, I've seen it mentioned several times, so add me in on wanting to see John de Lancie as the omnipotent being Q, as well as Jonathan del Arco reprising Third of Five / Hugh.

Actually they had to change the subtitle of the next season from Legends to something else because of the new Magic the Gathering MMO called Magic: Legends. So that happened.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ulysses359#8595 ulysses359 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'm still thinking its someone connected with Discovery. Anson Mount or Sonequa Martin-Green perhaps.

giphy.gif

Sonequa Martin-Green as a Legend for the 10th anniversary of Star Trek Online. No they cannot do this. Even bog-standard redshirt from a average TNG Episode would be better.....

edited January 2020
    I'm still thinking its someone connected with Discovery. Anson Mount or Sonequa Martin-Green perhaps.

giphy.gif

Sonequa Martin-Green as a Legend for the 10th anniversary of Star Trek Online. No they cannot do this. Even bog-standard redshirt from a average TNG Episode would be better.....

I have no idea how she landed the lead role for Discovery. Shatner was quite hammy in TOS (which was quite amusing, and appropriate for the era it was filmed), but this lady doesn't even have a bit of ham going for her, shes just a poor actress (in my subjective opinion).
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    If you're going to troll this forum with anti-Discovery gatekeeping, you will be shown the door. 🤨
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited January 2020
    Lets please not make this thread yet another soapbox to express personal distaste for Discovery? I was speculating, nothing more.

A forum is usually a discussion with a bit of back and forth commentary. You mentioned an actress from discovery, some responded saying that they did not particularity like her. That's just part of having a normal conversation, people chime in with an opinion, and then move on. I certainly would not describe it as trolling, as one certain heavy handed person has suggested.

Anyhoo moving back on to the main discussion. I don't think anyone has suggested Marina Sirtis yet? She is one of the main Characters from TNG, but probably would not cost as much in the way of fee's as Frake's or Spinner. Plus it may be interesting to have her type of character in the game, so far we've not had anyone with her career vocation
    along with telepathic/empathic skills as part of the story line.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    equinox976 wrote: »

giphy.gif

I have no idea how she landed the lead role for Discovery. Shatner was quite hammy in TOS (which was quite amusing, and appropriate for the era it was filmed), but this lady doesn't even have a bit of ham going for her, shes just a poor actress (in my subjective opinion).

Oh, she's got plenty ham. It's in her name, even: burnham. (The 'burn-' from being smoking hot).

Seriously, burnham is not my fave character, but I feel this not the place to discuss such matters. Were were just speculating who's in Geko's booth.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Personally I'd like to hear Commander Tucker in game somewhere. I don't know how they would fit the Enterprise cast in, but they are sorely lacking in game.
    Personally I'd like to hear Commander Tucker in game somewhere. I don't know how they would fit the Enterprise cast in, but they are sorely lacking in game.

There's always a way to write it in, Stuck in a transporter buffer (like scotty) from an alternate universe, a clone with transferred memories, there's always a way :)

But yeah, it would be nice to see something from Enterprise, it's not my favourite series, but it has a lot of potential content that could be used.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Discovery possibilities aren't likely at this point with Picard debuting in mere days so it's either Spiner/Data; Frakes/Riker; Sirtis/Troi or perhaps the real legend Patrick Stewart.

Unless Cryptic pulled out the big budget to entice several of the other major Captain's (Shatner; Mulgrew; Bakula; Brooks) into some type of anniversary voice cameos?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Next year is the 55th of TOS and 20th of ENT.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    If you're going to troll this forum with anti-Discovery gatekeeping, you will be shown the door. 🤨

If you throw that term around too much, it's going to lose it's meaning. For the record, "gatekeeping" means trying to exclude certain PEOPLE(key word) from your fandom. Here is how that works:

In the "real world": a Trek convention that doesn't allow disco fans/costumes.

On the internet: a Trek forum that doesn't allow disco fans to discuss the show.

However, "gatekeeping" does NOT mean you aren't allowed to hate discovery or discovery characters. It also doesn't mean that you can't say you HOPE disco content isn't added to a game you play. It is entirely possible to hate a show and it's characters and not want it's content in a game you play, while NOT hating the fans who like the show, or trying to "keep out" those fans from your place/game.

So here is an example of a statement that is 100% NOT "gatekeeping":
    I hate discovery and discovery characters and I hope disco content is never added to this game

You may not agree with that statement(and neither do I, btw), but it's not "gatekeeping". Now here is an example of actual "gatekeeping":
    I hate discovery and discovery characters AND ANYBODY WHO LIKES THEM and I hope disco content is never added to this game AND I HOPE THE FANS STAY AWAY TOO!

So, TL;DR: "gatekeeping" means something specific. It does NOT mean hating discovery, and it does NOT mean saying you hope disco-content is not added to the game (too late, but still). If you misuse the term by trying to apply it to any post that is anti-discovery or anti-discovery content in the game, it will become meaningless.
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.