test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on what you'd like for 10th Anniversary Ship?

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I'd like a Promelian battle cruiser or something.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • mindmage2mindmage2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    A T6 TMP Constitution Class. It doesn't need bells or whistles. If people want those they can get the lockbox ones. Give it the TMP interior as well.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The anniversary ship is very likely going to be another DIS ship.
  • mark#1633 mark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    There's a couple of ships left to implement I think.

We don't have a proper Norway class yet, the ship from ST:First Contact.

A few ships from Wolf 359 are missing, like the TMP Apollo class, Freedom class, Nagara class, Springfield class and Challenger class - so they could be added, which would be cool. Maybe with ST:Picard coming on soon, they will add them in...

Couple of ST:ENT era ships missing, like the Neptune class and Intrepid class.

Personally, I think the U.S.S. Emmitt Till will be coming to the game soon.

Surprised we've not seen much for ST:VOY anniversary yet though.

I would like to see some re-skins and updates to existing ships, a few upgraded to T6:
    - Galaxy class needs another update - proper TNG style deflector would be good!
    - Nova class has been asked for ages
    - Oberth update, along with update for the Titan... basically, Science ships need some love.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Call me an optimist, but I think STO will come up with something really special for 10th Anniversary, something truly original that will delight and amaze us all!
  • mark#1633 mark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'd like an ex Borg cooperative ship ship. A unique new design.
    It would go great with my ex Borg characters

To be honest, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it does end up being Borg cooperative related. As per Livestreams they have implied that its something they'd do eventually, and it would tick the 'ship(s) you've been waiting for' box (as per the Roadmap) considering how frequently players ask for Borg ships. Furthermore, when you consider the Borg TFO revamp, and the fact that the Picard series is going to place at least some focus on them....

I expect a Cube or Sphere to be tricky to pilot lol

Call me an optimist, but I think STO will come up with something really special for 10th Anniversary, something truly original that will delight and amaze us all!

Let's hope so. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • silk121silk121 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    T6 Oberth and Nova with Rom and KDF equivalents that would be the best gift!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The anniversary ship is very likely going to be another DIS ship.

I'm not sure - there are almost no Discovery ships left that don't have in-game models.

And that didn't stop them with the latest cross faction science ship pack...
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Considering we have had the Assimilated Cruiser Admirality card for quite some time. Maybe they could give us a one-off with Borg stuff integrated into that ship or another, without the need for the Borg set.
    Somehow I don't think they will ever give us a third assault cruiser variant.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    the 10th anniversary ship:

trekdoomsday3.jpg
    Spock.jpg

trekdoomsday3.jpg

Would be hard to steer.....and the charge up time for the beam would be murder. :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know you want the Fesarius. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    i wouldn't mind that particular design - i like balls​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • eiriktworavens#2049 eiriktworavens Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I.S.S. Enterprise! something voyager liked would be good. I could use a Bajoran ship but that more because i have bajoran themed crew and getting a Bajoran ship requires winning the lotto Currently.
    "Look Agent Daniels I just don't think I would do well in 1200 years in the future."

And yet here I am.

12th Century Swedish knight turned Star Trek Captain
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    ltminns wrote: »
    You know you want the Fesarius. :)

*innocent whistle*
    o:)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I hope we will have ships for all the factions; I personally don't buy fed ships, except the fleet versions (I don't care about traits and consoles, too many are available for too few slots).
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2020

A T6 Horizon-class Research Vessel would be awesome! The "Goldfish Bowl" was, in my opinion, one of the best looking Fed Science vessels ever made.

File:Zooey_sciball.jpg
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Zooey_sciball.jpg

It truly looks like a Science ship!

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    T6 Malachowski C;TRIBBLE from Discovery - sleek and beautiful design - and there is currently no higher Tier of this ship.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2020

A T6 Horizon-class Research Vessel would be awesome! The "Goldfish Bowl" was, in my opinion, one of the best looking Fed Science vessels ever made.

File:Zooey_sciball.jpg
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Zooey_sciball.jpg

It truly looks like a Science ship!

I have to admit, I'm surprised they haven't slightly revised, and then produced a T6 version of that ship for sure.

Though that could also be said for the Research Science Vessel not only the Refit version or the Hope Variant, as the original is only released during the Lt. Commander promotion in a far lower Tier of Starship. It was based on the ship Captain Berverly Crusher flew the U.S.S. Pasteur in 2385 thru 2390 and was thought to still be active in 2410.

So if the ship was active I'm surprised we haven't seen 1-3 variants of this released in T6 as part of a pack or otherwise. :o

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Olympic_Research_Science_Vessel_Retrofit

https://sto.gamepedia.com/U.S.S._Pasteur
    ╘ showing an active service date out to 2410 at least.

After all we have a T5 & T6 Version of the Dread Enterprise so surprised we haven't seen an update to this: <3

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

trekdoomsday3.jpg

Would be hard to steer.....and the charge up time for the beam would be murder. :D
    Well, but the beam itself would be mass murder.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    By the way I start to think that the 10 ships or more they said during STLV may be 10 or so by counting also the skin reworks
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

trekdoomsday3.jpg

Well, but the beam itself would be mass murder.
    Yeah, just like the Scimitar's thalaron blast...oh wait, that's just a green rat TRIBBLE when used by players.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Does anyone else think there is a cross faction oddy in the works for the anniversary?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11351123
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @warpangel said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yeah, just like the Scimitar's thalaron blast...oh wait, that's just a green rat TRIBBLE when used by players.

You mean like our use of the Tachyon Beam vs Borg use.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    questerius wrote: »
    Does anyone else think there is a cross faction oddy in the works for the anniversary?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11351123
    Why would we get another one?

This discussion has been closed.