test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing: The Picard Bundle!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited January 2020 in Galactic News Network [PC]
In honor of Star Trek: Picard, we're launching a brand new bundle of some of our favorite Picard items - including, for the first time, a former lock box ship in the Zen Store! Plus - a completely updated Constellation Class!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11345563

Comments

• dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    What if someone owns most of this content already, will they get an added discount, or will the pack be of no use to them?
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    I'm personally not sure how much of the content I have already, but the only thing I'm inerested is the T6 ship.
    Lets hope it will be avaiable separately… well it was lockbox ship before, so maybe it will be only bundle thing...
  • dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    The only things I don't own are the Miradorn Raider and the new Picard outfit... which could be valued at best to be $35.50 or 3,550 zen. I almost see no point in buying it at 60 bucks, much less 120. However I know Mr. Kael has got to eat, so I won't discourage anyone from buying it, I just don't see a point in me buying it without some compensation.
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Is there any content unique to the bundle in there?
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    $120 for a bundle that contains only a single T6 ship (plus two other junk ships - a T5 and T3 - effectively worthless except as lower end admiralty cards now we have scaling ships), and padded out with a bunch of recycled filler content, with literally the only new thing being a single costume?

Due to the moderation culture here, we have to be very polite and circumspect on these forums - so I will say this one is a a hard pass. A very hard pass.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    Is the miradorn like a C-store ship too, or single unlock?
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    12,000 zen so roughly $120 for 1 T6 ship, 1 T5 ship & 1 T3 ship... a bunch of costumes and 1 weapon you can get via phoenix box? wow hard pass even with "50%" off sale.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    If that Miradorn will be avaiable only in this bundle and the original Lockbox, it would be worth more than 3k Zen.
    (I actually buyed the Vizier from Mudd store, when it started, so getting a lockbox ship for 6/12k Zen as account unlock and some bonus would be nice enough).
    But if it will be avaiable separately in store for 3k or even some more Zen, then I see no need to get the whole bundle - I own the T5 already and maybe some of the uniforms - did not check it - uniforms are only vanity items (now if the uniforms would actually give some bonuses, like some accolades, then it might be worth it for me to at least track which ones I already have).
    Still, if someone want's the whole bundle, then more power (and more fun) to them.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I don't really understand why the open jacket uniform is being added? I am assuming that it's the clothing worn by the fourth 'model' (from left to right). But isn't that one automatically unlocked for everyone already?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    HARD pass
    Also with t6 ships available from practical the start of a avatars existence what is the point of purchasing anything of lower level ? Aside from the Module ?
    For the record I owe everything in this already bar the uniform and the raider
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    What if someone owns most of this content already, will they get an added discount, or will the pack be of no use to them?
    I'm also curious about this. I own pretty much everything in the bundle except the raider and the privateer outfit, and 6k is more than I can justify spending on one ship and one outfit.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    This would be a nice bundle for newer players that perhaps don't have the lower tier ships, and maybe like the uniforms. For veteran players it seems like a fair amount of money to obtain one tier 6 ship, lock box ship or not. I'll be happy to buy it as a solo ship from the C store but this pack is too expensive for me based on the content. Easy pass.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Apart from that, I'm not very interested in this bundle. I don't care much about alien ships so I probably wouldn't use the Miradorn. I never liked the looks of the Constellation. And who even uses T5 ships (and thus T5 upgrade tokens) anymore? The T5 Galaxy looks nice, but is rather useless.

Having an unique interior is pointless since you barely spend any time there.

That leaves some uniforms which are either already owned by most players who have been around a bit longer since most of them have been part of giveaways. Uniforms that can be obtained for much less than 6000 or 12000 zen anyway.

This bundle is 'meh' if I had to describe it in one word.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Revamped Constellation perhaps means a T6 Heavy Cruiser is coming? I know...you can't talk about upcoming content, right?
    dZWjlSs.jpg
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Revamped Constellation perhaps means a T6 Heavy Cruiser is coming? I know...you can't talk about upcoming content, right?
    Not necessarily. They did the same thing to the Steamrunner when its bundle was moved from Steam to the C-Store, but did not make an accompanying T6 version.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Hey folks I'm trying to get some clarification from Kael about some of the questions here. Once we know more someone will update you guys here.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Why is the current Cryptic trend to release new bundles that include parts of other bundles, thereby breaking other bundles?
    This includes the T5 Galaxy, breaking for no good reason, the Galaxy bundle.
    Not to mention no discounts are ever offered for parts of the bundles already purchased (save the recent Operations packs).

You think we want to waste our money?

I, and from what I've read, many other people already have most of this bundle, so it's effectively just a purchase for the Miradorn, Galaxy bridge, and lobi costume. Ship is not of much interest to me, but the bridge and costumes I don't have are. The value is just not there unless you are a brand new player.

Add the entire Galaxy bundle to this, and I'll get it. Without it, it's a pass.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    (...), and padded out with a bunch of recycled filler content, with literally the only new thing being a single costume?

Due to the moderation culture here, we have to be very polite and circumspect on these forums - so I will say this one is a a hard pass. A very hard pass.

There is no new content in there. The "Picard Jacket" is the Season 5 TNG costume. They probably deliberately named it this to imply it would be a new costume pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I like the theme and the fact that the Miradorn is becoming a direct purchase, but the T6 Miradorn is also the only ship in the 12k pack which i do not yet have in my inventory.
    Personally i think they sales team would be pushing the envelope with a 9k cost for this bundle, let alone 12k.

No purchase, but do keep those lockbox ships incoming for direct purchase.

Edit: Thumbs up for new materials for T3 constitution
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • imffsimffs Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    When I saw "Picard bundle" my first thought was the new stuff with the new show. This isn't new stuff, we already know the new Picard show is a retcon of some kind. So my next thought was, Won't there be a current Picard bundle coming soon?

I think I'll hold off for now.
  • imffsimffs Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Hey folks I'm trying to get some clarification from Kael about some of the questions here. Once we know more someone will update you guys here.
    Much appreciated. Nothing wrong with a trial balloon but it helps if the market test is within reason.

• thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    As much as I like the idea of this bundle, I can't even justify the 1/2 off price.
    Seriously thin bundle for a hefty price tag
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I own most of the stuff in this bundle. I doubt there would be any discount for the little of it I don't and have already had for years now.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    Is the miradorn like a C-store ship too, or single unlock?

I'm guessing that this Miradorn sale would be for all account. If it isn't, it should, & shame on Cryptic being predatory for not clarifying from the very beginning, but it also gives us all insight into some of Cryptic's possible plans regarding previous lockbox gamble ships.

I'm liking what Cryptic is attempting here incase there's a future where gambling is no longer allowed in the game, but not enough value imo. Definitely not at 12,000 zen lol & still not at 6,000 zen. The only thing brand-new might be that Picard "Privateer" uniform if it is the 1 from the new 'Picard" series.

Heck half of the items are uniforms. The possible rub by adding older items to a bundle when trying to add value to it is the players might/probably already own some or all of the older items.

Hard pass for me, I had good anticipation when I saw the title of the link which then quickly declined when I read the content.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    > @imffs said:
    > (Quote)
    > Much appreciated. Nothing wrong with a trial balloon but it helps if the market test is within reason.

That's exactly what the bundle strikes me as, a market test for direct and account-wide distribution of lockbox ships. It's just that when they actually put a price on it sufficient to keep the same income stream as offering it in a box, people balk.

The circular argument of "if it were in the store for direct purchase, it would sell better. Now that it's in the store at a fair price, it's too high and won't sell well".
  • rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    > @rhazedurile said:
    > Revamped Constellation perhaps means a T6 Heavy Cruiser is coming? I know...you can't talk about upcoming content, right?

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FkHqIlFyYA
    dZWjlSs.jpg
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It is a somewhat hopeful idea. I have no interest in this miradorn ship, but if they had the Aquatic T6, sure I would go 6000 zen for that.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

I'm curious about this as well, as the only things I don't have are the ships. I actually did shell out for the Galaxy interior when it came out, but was disappointed that it was the same price as a bundle. It should have been part of a TNG bundle that included a TNG Type 2 phaser, a Type 6 Shuttle, and Crusher's Lab Coat. At the very least.

I still want that lab coat. And with some costume parts being a chest piece, we should be able to make the lab coat a chest piece to work with any uniform too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ajgurewitzajgurewitz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Just a thought, but why not wait until the show comes out and offer things from the new show. I saw a number of ground weapons I would love to have in the trailers. Pretty sure there were new starfleet uniforms too.
This discussion has been closed.