test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A very confused player with questions

dig4taldig4tal Member Posts: 39 Arc User
Why are bugs that I reported 3 years ago and not just once but many times still not fixed
Post edited by dig4tal on

Comments

• Options
    dkdrachedkdrache Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    dig4tal wrote: »
    Why are bugs that I reported 3 years ago and not just once but many times still not fixed

I'm even more amazed how you could have joined in May 2019 and somehow gone back in time over 2 years and reported those very same bugs. Where is do you park your DeLorean?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    dkdrache wrote: »

I'm even more amazed how you could have joined in May 2019 and somehow gone back in time over 2 years and reported those very same bugs. Where is do you park your DeLorean?

Forum software didn't handle the past upgrades very well when it comes to join dates, so you'll see a fair bit of that for anyone that joined the game prior to the last major forum update. It says I joined June 2015, but will show my posts back to 2012.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Change your thread title to something less vague. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Alright, what's exactly vaque I'm beyond confused why evrrytime new content gets released but the old never gets fixed. I used so many support tickets and never any fixes. I begin to think it will never get fixed.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    They do bug fixes every week.

Apparently, what you are reporting has either not been widely spread enough or is not deemed important enough to come before other fixes. Just because it's an issue to you, doesn't mean it's an issue to everyone.

Can you maybe give us an example of what bugs you're referring to? Maybe that would better help us answer your question.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    When start trek got releases on Xbox battle cloak for romulans is broken you can't decloak many times it's not important apparently

Ward repair ship console does not work properly

Pves no longer work in teams since a long time please fix it would be so nice to run Pves with fleetmembers instead of Randoms that are clueless and have no mic

Recently invite to que group option is gone and que groups don't work with more than 2 people

on my science build the science skill Destabilising Resonance Beam 1 2 and 3 cannot be trained I complained 1 year ago and still not fixed my science build is unusable for 1 year now please fix
  • Options
    Your thread title is still very vague and doesn't indicate a specific topic beyond you're confused and have questions. It's important to have a clear thread title for other forum users to respond to and for moderators to do our job.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    Alright I respect the opinion of a moderator greatly. I just don't have a other title.

To bring some more perspective I've been playing since beta on pc and most of the time when a important bug came it took years to fix some got never fixed. Now I'm on Xbox (obviously) and same stuff is happening I encounter serious bugs and I can report them all I want but nothing is ever done. I'm very close to quit this game permanently wich I think is a big loss since I'm a big spender I buy alot of zen.
  • Options
    Well I spend around 40k on sto the last 2 years and no bugs I reported got fixed and these bugs anoy me to the point I already play less. So go ahead punish me more! Bully me away do it.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    (Flaming, trolling, discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Example of better thread titles:

"Why hasn't torpedo spread bug been fixed?"

"Tailor bugs I'm still waiting to see fixed"

Note though that if you read the sticky threads, this is not the correct forum for bug reports.
  • Options
    The bug report section is dead. At least here there are replies.
    Also I asked why bugs are not getting fixed. I diddent actually report a bug, I gave examples when someone asked.
  • Options
    The bug report forum IS read by the QA staff and the Bug Hunters, i.e. the people that matter.

Also, it's not "bullying" to enforce the forum rules that you've repeatedly ignored in this thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It's funny how everyone is defending the people in the wrong while im clearly right.

Bugs aren't getting fixed instead new content is being pushed to make more money.

It's time devs start caring about the community

Every time they add content the game breaks more and more bugs arise.
  • Options
    All software of any significant size has bugs.

Google Chrome's issue tracker has 62,747 entries - https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list

Google has a thousand times the development resources of Cryptic but still can't deliver a bug free browser. Apple can't release a bug-free iOS or MacOS, Microsoft can't release a bug-free Windows.

Companies give bugs priorities, and fix the most important ones first. Low-priority bugs end up at the bottom of the list and might never get fixed.

Also, artists and writers can't fix bugs. Even coders can't easily fix bugs outside of the area of the application they specialize in.

• Options
    You've clearly got zero 'coding experience'. That's all I can make out from your comment.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    You've clearly got zero 'coding experience'. That's all I can make out from your comment.

I'm a Windows software developer (C++) so I'm afraid you're wrong about that too.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    Doubt all you want I know what I earn and spend in games 👍
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Oh this is going to end well.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    I hope it does I just want the devs to realize they need to fix the important bugs
  • Options
    Ok, well, that's enough of that. If you're not going to follow forum rules, accuse a moderator of bullying and argue with them for enforcing the rules, then we're done here. This thread has clearly gone downhill fast. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.