test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My eyes are down here!

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
Just for the sake of making a gremlin, I created a small character at 4'6" with short legs, short spine, short neck. I'm doing the tutorial, and I don't mind the consoles being as tall as I am, my character's an Alien, possessing telekinesis.

But when I ran into Tilly, she looked right over me, not even trying to look my character in the eyes.

"My eyes are down here, Tilly!"
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Well, I wish the UI was fixed so small characters can more reliably use consoles.

Jumping up onto the counter to access the library datacard at Starfleet Academy, hopping on top of the bank console at the Klingon Academy, let alone having to jump up and down in front of mission dependant consoles in episodes is a pain for short characters.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Just wait until you hit the Coliseum mission, and you have to pixel hunt with your half pint pylon just to try and figure out where the exact spot is to activate the consoles and bounce between multiple consoles to activate the puzzle. I have a couple of midgets that know that pain very keenly. Of course, we bring it upon ourselves when we made characters that are runts, and we deserve having to hop up onto a console to activate it.

It would be funny to have a couple of little people who come across each other to have an option to make the "siege tower" of one short character climbing on top of the other in the Electric Chair position(sitting on the shoulders of the other), and letting the one on the bottom move/run around, while the top one can play with consoles.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Just wait until you hit the Coliseum mission, and you have to pixel hunt with your half pint pylon just to try and figure out where the exact spot is to activate the consoles and bounce between multiple consoles to activate the puzzle. I have a couple of midgets that know that pain very keenly. Of course, we bring it upon ourselves when we made characters that are runts, and we deserve having to hop up onto a console to activate it.

It would be funny to have a couple of little people who come across each other to have an option to make the "siege tower" of one short character climbing on top of the other in the Electric Chair position(sitting on the shoulders of the other), and letting the one on the bottom move/run around, while the top one can play with consoles.

I'd soooooo love to see that. :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Just for the sake of making a gremlin, I created a small character at 4'6" with short legs, short spine, short neck. I'm doing the tutorial, and I don't mind the consoles being as tall as I am, my character's an Alien, possessing telekinesis.

But when I ran into Tilly, she looked right over me, not even trying to look my character in the eyes.

Usually I'm like "My eyes are up here, dude!" ;)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Reminds me of the mission where Tuvok does the Vulcan Mind Melt on your character.
    Most of the times the hand is placed on the face of your character no matter the size of your character. Other times its waaaay off...
    Was playing it on a few diffrent types of characters, and for some reason, Tuvok likes to stroke my giant Gorn's chest. o_o
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Vulcan Mind Melt

I thought it was Vulcan Mind Meld ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Vulcan Mind Melt

I thought it was Vulcan Mind Meld ;)
    Not when you start stroking the Gorn's chest... :wink:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    And then to get into the bar on whatever station they're on, they have to wear a trench coat... :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All Characters and Boffs I customize are max height for their Species Type. Max Torso and Max Leg. No problems doing anything with them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Reminds me of the mission where Tuvok does the Vulcan Mind Melt on your character.
    Most of the times the hand is placed on the face of your character no matter the size of your character. Other times its waaaay off...
    Was playing it on a few diffrent types of characters, and for some reason, Tuvok likes to stroke my giant Gorn's chest. o_o

Yeah it looks like Tuvok's grabbing feel on my main toon as well and she's not really that tall "only" 192 cm, or at least that's how it looked last time I played the mission on my main.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

Tell the truth. You were the one staring at her kneecaps. No wonder she could not bring herself to look you in the eye.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.