test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reports of the TFOs are not giving daily credit but T6 coupon credit

13»

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    For anyone experiencing issues with not getting progress in the Borg event. Can I get some info from you? Where did you queue up from (IE. From the event UI, TFO list or private match)? What difficulty? Where you in a team? Did you claim your rewards before checking? Also, did you check right after completion and if you did, have you looked since (Incase the reward is being given late)?

Trying to narrow down situations where this happens to help test.

I queued up from the Event UI, no idea what difficulty... Probably Normal as I just clicked the "Join TFO" in the Infected row...
    I was on a Fed Jem'Hadar toon... On DS9...
    I claimed rewards after completing the queue and beaming out... (I actually F-keyed out and didn't realize I had until the load screen came up).
    Got my T6 coupon progress, but not the FTFO progress...
    I also toonswapped twice (to another and back) with no luck...

Thanks and hope it's resolved soon!

CM

EDIT: SO, I ran "Infected" from the Event UI on a different Fed toon and got my daily progress...

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    Add me to the list. I got 50 points towards the T6 Cupon, but no 1/14 Event Credit.
    T6 Coupon Credit was at 1500 (Max I could have at the end of the last Event for the Coupon) and it went to 1550.

Queued from the Event Interface
    Did Khitomer Vortex (Normal)
    Claimed all rewards (choose Discovery Marks) and then exited map.

Event Interface still shows "Daily Available" 0/14 AFTER a fully successful run (IE all optional met)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    For anyone experiencing issues with not getting progress in the Borg event. Can I get some info from you? Where did you queue up from (IE. From the event UI, TFO list or private match)? What difficulty? Where you in a team? Did you claim your rewards before checking? Also, did you check right after completion and if you did, have you looked since (Incase the reward is being given late)?

I did a Into the Hive (Ground) on normal through the Event UI. Got credit for the T6 coupon.
    I did open the Material reward pack before exiting out of the map, but did not receive the progress award for the Event.

STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I will check it on a run in a few minutes to see if I get Daily progress for the Event. My problem is that the system didn't automatically 'sweep' up the Featured TFO Tokens like they said it would and it will only let me add 7 of the 32 Tokens I do have, not all 14. I have not added those 7 at this time.

I had claimed the T6 Ship Token at the start of Event 2 already.

UPDATE: Ran infected Normal and got the Daily progress for the Event.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Went into Infected Space(Advanced) via the Events tab.
    Played through mission (where I enjoyed the changes).
    Received the last 50 points I needed for the T6 Coupon. Which I promptly claimed.
    Did not receive credit for Event progress. Bar was at 0/14.
    Will try again with different character accessing mission through TFO tab and edit this post to add results afterwards.
    EDIT
    Went into Infected Space(Normal) via the TFO tab.
    Played through mission.
    Received credit for Event Progress Bar is now at 1/14.
    This was after I claimed the T6 Coupon.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User

I went to the event page and did infected conduit normal, after I completed it I noticed no progress but received my free ship coupon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cipherblockcipherblock Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    First: I call no backsies.

Next: FWIW, I had a similar experience - (50 event campaign points awarded, no daily progress after an Infected: Conduit; used Event UI to queue for TFO, claimed rewards before exiting etc.)

HOWEVER: I had 8 legacy TFO commendations lying around on three separate toons, and cashed them all in using the Event UI.
    The game gave me two (2) daily progress points each, so I ended up completing the Featured Event with two points to spare. The game did give the expected amount of event campaign points (8 day's worth = 400 pts).

After claiming the weapon set and 50K dil, I played the Khitomer TFO from the Event UI and was awarded 1 daily progress point and 2500 dil.

Finally: The event progress glitch notwithstanding, the new TFO's are nicely done - good job! And the splash screen with Donatra as the Borg Queen? Awesome!

Thanks and good luck.

• rwillarddev#0892 rwillarddev Member Posts: 17 Cryptic Developer
    Good news, fix is inbound tomorrow morning. This ended up being a weird one to track down and fix. Thank you all for the info you gave.
  • codexenacodexena Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    All, I got credit and I did get the T-6 Claimed and 2,100/2,100 from the Event Campaign I event. I understand that many that are getting credit also finished the Campaign and received the T-6 Coupon. This may be the missing delta that needs to be fixed by the Developers. Everyone should be getting credit for the current Event if they finished the last one or not.
  • codexenacodexena Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'll give a report after I get my run in today. Patching now.

Variable for me: T6 token already obtained.

Theory: It may be blocking 14 day progression until T6 token claimed, as if one is blocking the other.

Seems to be that's what is happening. Those who already got the T6 are getting credit and those not are not getting credit.

Nope, already excluded that as a factor since I have reports from players that have the token and didn't get the daily progress.

I think some people are confused as to the Event prize and the Campaign T-6. I have Claimed the T-6 and I show the full campaign 2,100/2,100 total points. My guess the first two events were linked and was a progression. In any event they still should be giving credit for this event if you finished or not the last two. That is where the developers need to look and break this link if that is the root problem. The only true way to solve this issue is via a debugger in their code set.
  • dracostalondracostalon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Wasted time but thank God not to much! But I did run 2 of the Event TFOs before giving up and sending ticket.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Good news, fix is inbound tomorrow morning. This ended up being a weird one to track down and fix. Thank you all for the info you gave.
    Does this include a fix for Hive sometimes not starting cutscenes properly?

One of the Hive runs I did didn't play the cutscene when you enter the Queen's chamber and the mission progress stopped completely. We even killed the queen, but the mission was stuck at "enter the Queen's chamber".

EDIT: the only unusual thing in this run was how we had to 3-man it since 2 people bailed immediately.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • maggz#6544 maggz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have played thru all 3 TFO's now twice, i did get the t6 coupon credit, but never got the daily credit for the item reward, i started the event VIA both event tab and TFO tabs, i have not completed the coupon event, i did claim all rewards for the TFOs while in them, i have noticed that a couple of them have some wierd timer locks, i waited until 10 seconds left on the leave zone in a couple of them thinking this might give credit, in all cases i have not gotten my daily credit. I hope all these suggestions can help in fixing this for everyone. it kinda stinks to not get progress fully for an event.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    As reported, fix is inbound for 1/8/20. Thanks to everyone for your reporting to help get this fixed. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.