test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Borg Resurgence!

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    molikor wrote: »
    I've always avoided the Borg stuff due to being temporarily blinded and the instant migraine from antiproton weapons(the only exceptions being the Iconian and Undine versions as they are not that agonizing frequency of red.). Another reason I avoided Crystaline Entity and Second Wave campain, the newer version ap-sweep from Jem'Hadar ships. My we please have an option to use the older canon version of it? Also an option to switch all ap visuals to Iconian or Undine version? This gives weapons that force me use that painful trash. Totally turned off by this. I hope this doesn't kill my ship token progress by not subjecting myself to this.

Thanks for listening.
    Why were you using AP vs Borg? I don't quite get that at all...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    There is one TFO I have never been in a group that successfully completed. Into the Hive (Ground) was impossible, so I am intrigued, and will try it again to see if it's still an impossible-to-win waste of time ON NORMAL.

The other ground Borg TFOs are tough, but I have done them successfully on advanced.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Can someone tell me which T6 ships can be had by this?

Or, to ask another way: can I acquire the T6 Constitution this way?
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    There should be a thread still active in the general forum for suggesting which ship folk might want to pick up with the token.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I just ran the Infected: The conduit. It gave me progress for the free T6, but NOT for the current event.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I just ran the Infected: The conduit. It gave me progress for the free T6, but NOT for the current event.
    I just had the same thing happen. Free token but no event progress.

On the other hand the devs got ISE just right. Its lots of fun.
    Into the Hive Elite though needs a lot of work. Far to easy and to many pointless time gates that ruin the fun.
  • matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I just had the same thing happen. Free token but no event progress.

On the other hand the devs got ISE just right. Its lots of fun.

I've had this issue as well ran all three options for this event and while Infected (the one I ran first) gave me progress for free T6 none of the three have given me progress for current event as it still shows 0/14... I've tried mapping out and even logging out and back in, and restarting STO completely, but it still shows 0/14 so they need to fix this. Hopefully it is just a graphic glitch but if people are being cheated out of event progress and would be forced to use zen or legacy tokens to complete the event for the reward that is utterly unacceptable.
    Post edited by matthewfelix on
  • culexofborgculexofborg Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The new voice overs are really distracting when it keeps nagging about spheres or whatnot. Sure the voiceover for the intro and outro is nice but the in-progress nagging drove me nuts after the fifth time it complained. Also, they seem easier than they used to be and that is a real shame especially ISA which is a huge DPS checking STF.

Overall, I give this a rating of 3 out of 10. It was completely unnecessary and we are worse off for it. All for a useless ground weapon gimmick.

It is a real shame that the Borg Resurgence offers less than nothing and that we didn't get a renewed Borg threat in the galaxy at large.

Oh yeah, like others.. I didn't even get credit for going through the ruined content.
    I tried Khitomer Vortx and it worked.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me which T6 ships can be had by this?

Or, to ask another way: can I acquire the T6 Constitution this way?
    Same as the last free T6 ship coupon, this one only applies to ships in the Zen store, not Lobi, or R&D promo pack ships like the T6 Connies.

Plus the T6 ship you pick can't be listed as 'New' in the CStore.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    And now, for a comment/complaint I frequently make:

Infected: the Conduit grants 0 Starship XP.

Khitomer Vortex gave about 800 Starship XP.

I got T6 Coupon progress, but neither one gave Borg Resurgence Event Progress.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I got event progress. I'm done with the coupon already.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Please remove the 1 min idle wait time at the start of queues. Completely pointless, a waste of time, and contributes to empty queues.

Event does not reward progress towards the 14-day portion.

Event Khitomer Vortex I started with 7,862 ship XP, finished with 6,704 at the same tier, so it actually stole ship mastery XP.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Many are reporting they got the T6 coupon progress but no 14 day progress. I got it but also completed the coupon last round. So might be something to do with those already done with coupon progress.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Please remove the 1 min idle wait time at the start of queues. Completely pointless, a waste of time, and contributes to empty queues.
    Same for the 30-second waits between rooms in Into The Hive. Complete waste of time.
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Many are reporting they got the T6 coupon progress but no 14 day progress. I got it but also completed the coupon last round. So might be something to do with those already done with coupon progress.

Me to, did the tfo's 4 times and no daily progres. Never did Into The Hive (ground), this was the first time, its fun done into 15 minutes
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    did all them at normal, got t- 6 but no 14 day.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    10/10 for the bug that doesn't reward you anything towards the daily.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    So.. no event progress from running the TFOs, but legacy progress (fTFO commendations) seem to count double (each one counts as 2 days of progress instead of 1).

When STO makes changes the gods toss a coin in the air and the players hold their breath...
    I had to run it twice on my first account to get the progress, and I had to run it three times on my second account to get the progress. In the meantime, "support" says everything works fine, after running it once one their end.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    No advanced versions of the TFO's in the event?
    While normal is interesting to check what has changed, the mobs are really far too easy on normal mode.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Also the Legacy Tokens were not auto consumed as stated and you could only apply a maximum of 7. I'm staying away from this until fixed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    The bug sounds like the same one that was introduced for the winter event where folk were having to do multiple things in order for it to award progress, although I never had this happen while I just rubber banded through the solo race each day.

So far I seem to have the favour of the STO gods, no idea why, as I did a single run on each account and got the 1/14 progress. Ship token was got during the breach so can't say anything about that side.

Guess the QA team were too bust making sure the storr images were accurate in muggs market.
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    The bug sounds like the same one that was introduced for the winter event where folk were having to do multiple things in order for it to award progress, although I never had this happen while I just rubber banded through the solo race each day.

So far I seem to have the favour of the STO gods, no idea why, as I did a single run on each account and got the 1/14 progress. Ship token was got during the breach so can't say anything about that side.

Guess the QA team were too bust making sure the storr images were accurate in muggs market.

It's looking like those that got the T6 coupon from previous event in this group are getting the daily progress. Those still needing to earn the T6 coupon are getting that but not the daily progress.

• shelinesheline Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    On my Fed character I did all 3 TFO's, but I got no event progress. (It did award T6 token progress) Switched to my Klink character an did ISA again, but still no even progress. Then I tried ISA one more time with my Rommy, and again I didn't get the event progress.

So now I'm still sitting at 0/14 progress despite having it run the TFO's 5 times. This Borg Resurgence is more like Bug Resurgence.

Hope this will be fixed soon.
    So you want a Caitian science officer? Not a very good idea, after all curiosity killed the cat.
    The initial timer could be dropped to 30 secs and majority of slow loaders would still be starting alongside everyone else.

Or a small bit of effort could have been applied to the "revamp" and the timer auto completes once everyone has F'd through or closed the window for the preflight talky bit. Something that has been suggested quite often in the past as a way to counteract the longwinded pause before stuff goes pop.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    These exist specifically because many people complained about TFOs automatically starting the moment the first person loaded in, allowing those quick loaders to blast through many of the early stage enemies, often leaving slower loaders with an AFK penalty in TFOs like Crystalline Entity, and Infected the Conduit, because the TFO could be over by the time they loaded in.

They are not pointless, much less completely pointless. They exist because people asked for them to make it fairer for everyone.
    They are useful but the one in this TFO is far to long. They could knock a good 10 or 20 seconds off it and still give more then enough time for people to get in. They also need to remove or vastly reduce all the other wait timers in the hive.

The starting timer with the other pointless time gates meant I just spent 25% of the TFO standing still watching a timer count down. That's bad design and makes for poor gameplay. Remove or reduce those and the TFO would be pretty good.

EDIT: postagepaid has a good idea have a 30seconds wait timer with an F option for everyone to say ready. Saves everyone waiting pointlessly around.
This discussion has been closed.