test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: Add rebreather to kentari set.

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
I'll keep it short and sweet, the kentari ground armor is supposed to be a protective suit yet it lacks a basic rebreather.
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Excessive_Development
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Rebreather

It makes sense to add a rebreather function to the Excessive Development set.
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    a LOT of armors should have EV/rebreather functionality built into them, because they very clearly have that ability when you look at them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Why not link to an actual picture of the rebreather that the Kentari NPC's wear?
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    When we are on Kentar, let us buy rebreathers from the vending machines. That is kinda why they put them there.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Why not link to an actual picture of the rebreather that the Kentari NPC's wear?

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/sto_gamepedia/7/72/EP-Mirrors_and_Smoke.png?version=8ab510839ec3be5f4f7766b2f1c2c8c7

or

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/sto_gamepedia/4/4b/Kentari_News_-_The_Kentari_Voice.png?version=5b7a9682d371ad38e4fa3f24b9a28f4d
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    When we are on Kentar, let us buy rebreathers from the vending machines. That is kinda why they put them there.​​

Also like that idea.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    a LOT of armors should have EV/rebreather functionality built into them, because they very clearly have that ability when you look at them​​

A good example of that is the MACO/Honor Guard set that is fully sealed when worn fully (well I assume ther HG set is sealed since the MACO one is) and should function as an EV suit yet doesn't and it isn't the only example either.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    spiritborn wrote: »
    A good example of that is the MACO/Honor Guard set that is fully sealed when worn fully (well I assume ther HG set is sealed since the MACO one is) and should function as an EV suit yet doesn't and it isn't the only example either.

Well... that's debatable as there is the old Accolade variant that includes the boob window on females. I always viewed the HG armor as ceremonial, kinda like a dress uniform in a way.
    MACO kinda makes sense as it does have a bit of an EVA look, while Omega reminds me of ODST armor, which isn't EVA capable. More of a tactical armor.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

I wonder if they accept Energy Credits or GPL?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User

I wonder if they accept Energy Credits or GPL?

Capitalist as they are and in close proximity to Ferenginar GPL is the most likely currency.
    Would be nice to spend GPL on something actually useful.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »

Well... that's debatable as there is the old Accolade variant that includes the boob window on females. I always viewed the HG armor as ceremonial, kinda like a dress uniform in a way.
    MACO kinda makes sense as it does have a bit of an EVA look, while Omega reminds me of ODST armor, which isn't EVA capable. More of a tactical armor.

Yeah that variant is a bit questionble as EV suit but since all MACO variants look like EV suits it wouldn't be proper to make only them EV suits (that said they could do like they did with the disco set and give as possibility have EV suit variant of the MACO/HG armor with "unique" visuals when in EV suit mode).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Would be nice.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.