test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Comments

• starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    IMO I would love to have a pet tab to house all those new critters. With the winter ornaments, candles, recipes, and the other million rewards inventory has become a major commodity and do trash other stuff daily. More inventory space or ability to stack items higher than the current limits would be awesome.​​
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    IMO I would love to have a pet tab to house all those new critters. With the winter ornaments, candles, recipes, and the other million rewards inventory has become a major commodity and do trash other stuff daily. More inventory space or ability to stack items higher than the current limits would be awesome.​​

Amen!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I normally enjoy MOST of the activities this event offers. Unfortunately I've found myself spending less time doing them this year, because the RUBBERBANDING is making most of these events completely miserable. I've almost lost the daily race several times because I keep getting rubberbanded.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I normally enjoy MOST of the activities this event offers. Unfortunately I've found myself spending less time doing them this year, because the RUBBERBANDING is making most of these events completely miserable. I've almost lost the daily race several times because I keep getting rubberbanded.

The rubberbanding is one of the major reasons I don't do it anymore. Drastic changes are really needed.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I'm not having too much problem with rubberbanding, and when I do, it's my router. Once I reset it, things go back to normal. Occasionally I have to reset my router and my modem, but it's usually the router.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    for me this is the contrary, even when the daily progress is done, I keep getting the token in my inventory.
    The daily progress does not involve any kind of token in inventory.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    "daily gold" something
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    "daily gold" something

You might be confusing the personal endeavor universal endeavor box with a Winter token. There is no winter token, just ornaments, snowballs, ice shards from Cones of Conduct.

FUN: getting the Kram'piri fangirl's ending announcement in the middle of your ice race. I still beat the Breen to the finish, but it was annoying.
    nope it is not the endeavour, each time that I do a winter mission, I get this token. I'm not in game right now, so tomorrow I would know the correct name of this token.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    You get one of the Ornaments after the Race. New this year
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Great, i really like this winter version, now if you please remove the dialog of the Kramp'piri that interrupts you while you are running, and put it as a mini dialog, that would be perfect!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @bubblegirl2015 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > As usual I think it was a last minute rush copy/paste and they did not care to balance out rewards. Agreed it is a total waste for the timer to go on this one.​​

> @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You might be confusing the personal endeavor universal endeavor box with a Winter token. There is no winter token, just ornaments, snowballs, ice shards from Cones of Conduct.
    >
    > FUN: getting the Kram'piri fangirl's ending announcement in the middle of your ice race. I still beat the Breen to the finish, but it was annoying.

There is an actual winter token that's turned up in my inventory as well...I think it reads event progression or something.
    Doesn't do anything, but if I complete an event before the event timer resets sometimes I get one, it's really odd. Probably an artifact of some code floating about still, but they are there.
    > @bubblegirl2015 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > As usual I think it was a last minute rush copy/paste and they did not care to balance out rewards. Agreed it is a total waste for the timer to go on this one.​​

> @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You might be confusing the personal endeavor universal endeavor box with a Winter token. There is no winter token, just ornaments, snowballs, ice shards from Cones of Conduct.
    >
    > FUN: getting the Kram'piri fangirl's ending announcement in the middle of your ice race. I still beat the Breen to the finish, but it was annoying.

There is an actual winter token that's turned up in my inventory as well...I think it reads event progression or something.
    Doesn't do anything, but if I complete an event before the event timer resets sometimes I get one, it's really odd. Probably an artifact of some code floating about still, but they are there.

Ah, I always wait until progression is available before doing the winter events.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    > @bubblegirl2015 said:
    > (Quote)
    >

> @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >

Ah, I always wait until progression is available before doing the winter events.
    I once got a stack of 3 so I think it's a glitch giving you multiple and it only auto-uses one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I've noticed this year that the obnoxious popup at the end of events like the krapiri don't appear if you're doing the solo race which is an improvement from before.

Ideally it would only ever be seen if you actually take part in them, I've zero interest in aiding the gingerbread landgrab so why should I have interest in how well they got on at repelling those who are just wanting their homeland back.

I've noticed this year that the obnoxious popup at the end of events like the krapiri don't appear if you're doing the solo race which is an improvement from before.

Ideally it would only ever be seen if you actually take part in them, I've zero interest in aiding the gingerbread landgrab so why should I have interest in how well they got on at repelling those who are just wanting their homeland back.

You're been lucky, I got the Krampiri fangirl ending speech in the middle of one solo race.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User

You're been lucky, I got the Krampiri fangirl ending speech in the middle of one solo race.

I've had it pop up in my face several times. I have to pull my fingers off the kb, then click the thing off before I can resume racing. Thankfully it's only ruined one race for me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • boylerroom#1807 boylerroom Member Posts: 2 New User
    So I just collected the rewards for the 2019 Winter Event, except my inventory was full... and now I don't have the requisition pack and I can't claim it again. Could you please suggest where it might be available? It is not in my overflow.

I would really appreciate any help!
    edited December 2019
    So I just collected the rewards for the 2019 Winter Event, except my inventory was full... and now I don't have the requisition pack and I can't claim it again. Could you please suggest where it might be available? It is not in my overflow.

I would really appreciate any help!

Make room in your inventory AND take everything else out of your overflow bag. Exit completely out of STO. Log in again.

If it's not now in your inventory or overflow, see if you can reclaim from the event area reclaim button where everything else is. If not, try going to a different map, since the server fixes some things on map transitions.

If that doesn't work put in a support ticket.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User

Me too.

---
    I've only had bad rubberbanding (and then lost the race, for the first time in 5+ years) once. . . but then I discovered my internet had crashed. So, yeah.
    for the next year, I hope more different things to do, after a moment all these missions are really boring. fortunately I can grab all the stuff that i need with the doff missions.
  • boylerroom#1807 boylerroom Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Make room in your inventory AND take everything else out of your overflow bag. Exit completely out of STO. Log in again.
    >
    > If it's not now in your inventory or overflow, see if you can reclaim from the event area reclaim button where everything else is. If not, try going to a different map, since the server fixes some things on map transitions.
    >
    > If that doesn't work put in a support ticket.

Thanks! I logged out and back in, and it appeared in my overflow!

I was really worried I was going to lose that reward. Thanks for your help!
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »

CONS:

-Communications: very lackluster. Sorry but there is not even an official page to give some official feedback in the matter. Not sure what is going on in the background but years past we had official communications, blogs or announcements on this great event.

The Dev's don't really like communicating on these forums, even the community manager prefers reddit. So you're best bet for the latest word from them, would be there.

That's sad. If I was running the place I would MAKE my employees use OUR OWN forums before using a 3rd party's website or app. It's like admitting that the forums we are paying for are subpar.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    echatty wrote: »

I've had it pop up in my face several times. I have to pull my fingers off the kb, then click the thing off before I can resume racing.
    That thing is so dam intrusive and annoying.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I have to stop by and say: I am really enjoying the Klingon Ice Fishing/Krampus/Snowball Fight in combination together in the event timeline. I find myself staying in Winter Wonderland and playing those three games while DOFFing.

I don't only stay long enough to collect DOFF assignments on WW when Tides of Ice or Cones of Conduct are running.
    And Cones of Conduct interrupts my extra pit stops to run the Pie Eating Contests when I have extra time.

I, too, notice some slow down with responses from the server.....slowness in new maps loading, responses from DOFF assignment registering taking longer than usual, and at times when switching characters the game seems to wait a bit too long before the selected character shows up on the screen. That in combination with rubber banding... most annoying on Fastest Game on Ice .... though I see it when running around on First City, ESD or the Academies (as I hunt for WW Doffing)... has kept me from signing in more than once a day.

And the pauses are very intermittent. And effecting more than animations.... like when walking or flying around.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I have seven Characters parked there. One does the Ice Race. All are just doing the Doffing and that's it. I've only left the main area to run that race once a day, do Endeavors, turn in Commendations, and Doff in Space. Then it's right back to being within button distance of the Friendly Customer Support Agent. I have between 2,300 - 800 of each of the Winter Ornaments and will keep building those stocks.

It also gave me the opportunity to work on neglected Character's Admiralty completions, Reputation completions, Specializations and Crafting leveling.

I do find it strange that the Common Quality Ornaments are rarer drops than the Uncommon ones.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I'm definitely going to take back what I said about the obnoxious popups.

Must have been fortuitous timing on my part because almost every damn since posting race has had one appear regardless of participation in whatever nonsense they are prattling on about. And thanks to the wonky servers simply tapping esc doesn't always clear it first time.
    My wishes for 2020:

- Fix Cones of Conduct so it reliably gives event progress instead of just once in a while
    - Make the TFO count
    - Reduce the time span for Snowball Fight since it's usually over 5-10 minutes early
    - Make it so the Krampiri Fangirl end report doesn't kick you out of whatever else you were doing if you aren't fighting the Krampiri.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I enjoyed winter event 2019. It was VERY short but fun.

Next year please make it LONGER and add some more NEW mini games! Thank you and see you in winter event 2020!​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • niteshade1975niteshade1975 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I enjoyed winter event 2019. It was VERY short but fun.

Next year please make it LONGER and add some more NEW mini games! Thank you and see you in winter event 2020!​​

Agreed ! Take the winter event back to 6 weeks long like it has always been. Very disappointed it was shorter this year and with no explanation given.
This discussion has been closed.