test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

question about feedback pulse

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
first of all, the character who uses this skill, has 448 in epg + the starship trait from the krenim sci skip; but this skill seems really pitiful.

In my memory, feedback pulse was a good skill (1 or 2 years ago). it was nerfed or something?

In comparison, the terran multi-mission ship has a too powerful feedback pulse; it has more than 50% shield penetration, and can erase 90% of my hull in a few seconds (average hull of my ships 75 000). I don't even speak about the ridiculous borg feedback pulse.

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Feedback Pulse was nerfed HARD in Season 13. It was a must-have on all DPS builds, even those that would otherwise not use any Science besides heals, due to the impressive older scaling, crit chance and crit damage of Particle Manipulator on top of the Krenim trait you mentioned, percent scaling bonus PG consoles and Temporal Reputation becoming a thing. Nerf bat was swung and it no longer crits at all, and only responds to EPG Skill, but at lowered scale.

The effectiveness of NPCs versions is mostly the outrageous scaling in points that higher level NPCs have.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    thx for the informations. well, this nerf sucks. Is there a particular reason for this nerf?
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    thx for the informations. well, this nerf sucks. Is there a particular reason for this nerf?

Mostly that players were doing things that didn't make a lot of sense, like slotting Strategist Specialization, having Threatening Stance mode on and using Feedback Pulse -- like an aggro tank would -- then slotting Threat reducing Plasma burst Science consoles all in an effort to min-max DPS and live. Also, a fair few things prior to S13 had become best-in-slot must-haves that severely limited build space to anything but those choices, which besides gameplay issues, limited what they could sell.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Because Cryptic can't do balance.

If they feel something is over performing, their answer is to nerf it to the point where it's completely useless.

There is no middle ground, it's either a 'must have' or useless.. nothing in between. That's just how it is.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User

Because Cryptic can't do balance.

If they feel something is over performing, their answer is to nerf it to the point where it's completely useless.

There is no middle ground, it's either a 'must have' or useless.. nothing in between. That's just how it is.

This is ofcourse an awful shame. Not even the polarise hull doffs work properly, giving less feedback than their descriptions suggest. You're absolutely right - they've gone full reverse on this power and i'm surprised they didn't just delete the whole thing instead.

I run an agro-tank federation engineer and, with 1350% threat on 150k+ dps, it keeps agro no matter who is out dpsing and threatening next to me. I wonder if its worth using even for the improved feedback pulse starshiptrait. that extra crit, combined with feedback pulse 2 can very easily reach 50-60% feedback with high aux power and about 220 EPGs. The hull repairing weapon signature amplifiers with +epg when proccedm trigger for me about 20k temp hp from the hull imagae refractors console. investing anymore into EPGs would reduce my dps as it is primarily an energy weapon build. In light of this, an engineer can boost auxiliary power, combine it with OSS3.

what do people think about this? - using this obsolete skill for what its worth in defiance of our cryptic balancenoobs or just punch up clear?