test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen outfit

2»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I realise will be almost completely alone in this opinion, but I think the Breen outfits are silly - particarly in the context we are currently using them. Kinda contradictory to be wearing suits that keep the wearer cold when you're in a cold climate anyway....

Yeah, they're silly to wear in Winter Wonderland.. no argument there.

For me personally, I put them on a Jem'Hadar that I am just saying is an actual Breen.. so I was very happy to get this as an unlock. I can put it on my entire crew, put them in a Breen ship and boom.. I have a 'playable Breen.'

In the context of humans running through a snowy land in a suit designed to lower body temperature.. yeah.. that's silly. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Who says that they are activated though?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I realise will be almost completely alone in this opinion, but I think the Breen outfits are silly - particarly in the context we are currently using them. Kinda contradictory to be wearing suits that keep the wearer cold when you're in a cold climate anyway....

For me personally, I put them on a Jem'Hadar that I am just saying is an actual Breen.. so I was very happy to get this as an unlock. I can put it on my entire crew, put them in a Breen ship and boom.. I have a 'playable Breen.'

In the context of humans running through a snowy land in a suit designed to lower body temperature.. yeah.. that's silly. :lol:
    But it doesn't actually lower body temperature. If you go to a heat-hazard area in it (like Nukara), you'll die. :smile:
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I just spotted a small "Breen" named "Princess Leia."
    :p
    Sorry, didn't get a cap.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    warpangel wrote: »

But it doesn't actually lower body temperature. If you go to a heat-hazard area in it (like Nukara), you'll die. :smile:

Very true!

It would be nice if it acted as an EV Suit, but I get it.. it's just a costume unlock.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Yeah, making the Breen costume a ground armor/environmental suit and part of a set was a missed opportunity.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yeah, making the Breen costume a ground armor/environmental suit and part of a set was a missed opportunity.
    There's always next year.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    warpangel wrote: »
    There's always next year.
    Considering how the outfit unlock is only in the winter store for a limited time before getting put into the lobi store permanently then if they would make an EV version of the Breen suit it would very likely be put in the lobi store only.

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Your best option is an "Alien" template - As we all know, lore wise, little is known about the Breen. All we know is the Breen themselves is a coalition of alien races that make up the Breen confederation. So when one refer to the Breen it really means one of many races.

Also, the advantage of the alien race is the simple fact that you get an extra trait slot. They are the best race in the game outside the Roms and humans.

If you were fortunate enough to have had played this game since its inception, and have faithfully played through the events, then you have all the Breen ships unlock, which gives you more options.

I personally created a new character and named it "Tron," and made all but one character Breen, by giving them Breen names and covering them up with the Breen outfit. Since it is a KDF aligned character I kept K'gan as a delegate of the empire.

In regards to the color pattern of the Breen outfit, I went online and viewed the breen uniforms from the DS9 shows and matched their colors as best as I could. The result was amazing.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    if you are kdf or kdf aligned, you can use lethean boffs, they have a psionic attack like the one used by the vel'sh scientist.
    edited December 2019
    stark2k wrote: »
    Also, the advantage of the alien race is the simple fact that you get an extra trait slot. They are the best race in the game outside the Roms and humans.

Highly subjective.

The argument can be made that the bonuses given to the Jem'Hadar Vanguard out perform that extra trait slot. The best thing about Alien is the customization of looks.. if you're going to wear the Breen Costume anyway then go Vanguard.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    Your best option is an "Alien" template - As we all know, lore wise, little is known about the Breen. All we know is the Breen themselves is a coalition of alien races that make up the Breen confederation. So when one refer to the Breen it really means one of many races.

As we all know, books aren't canon. All we know about them, lore-wise, is that they have no blood, use slave labour, and you don't TRIBBLE with them.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • saipan2saipan2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I like the breen gear. i only use the helmt on my klingon. the hard part was choosing the visor colour...need to look good also.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Sacred be the Canon!!
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Sacred be the Canon!!

and be scared of the Cannon!
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

That would require Cryptic to update the CRM-200 and that chilly breen ground shield from the episode where the Breen romp around on Earth. Then again, it's common to see Cryptic pass up on various opportunities to make something that's good, and upgrade it to great. Such as the two latest Fek'ihri ships. The ships feel like they were rushed into production if you look close at some of the details included in their packages(generic bridge, lack of synergy between the S'torr and Fe'rang for traits, no set bonus for the consoles, that could've been implemented to help fire damage with its limited amount of sources). The S'torr can have what it offers work well with the Fe'rang, but the only thing that's backwards compatible from Fe'rang to S'torr is the console.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Sacred be the Canon!!

and be scared of the Cannon!

Scared be the Cannon - Ship!
    5d5b84cc73d49da3fbb15f4c22e8b56e.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I need to get that crm for my Breen

Do you know if you can only get one copy of it total? Meaning if you get it, and throw it on a BOFF, can you go through the episode again and use that to arm multiple BOFFs?
    It is Unique. Only one per Character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @zedbrightlander1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Scared be the Cannon - Ship!
    > (Image)

But is that ships cannon canon?
    It was in a movie so it's an alpha canon cannon then right? Being from the beta quadrant it's a beta Alpha canon cannon
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    fovrel wrote: »
    With the Breen costume, ships and cold skills, you can make your own Breen faction. I am setting a character up as a Breen team. With the refrigerator mask it doesn't matter which species you pick. For me the best option is a KDF alligned Reman. Remans have this eye-beam attack and I can have a big Gorn boff as an alpha Breen. What can we say? Cool.

Never thought about it that way...may make a crew from JH myself.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

indeed, and it is really boring.

for more cold weapons, there are 2 cold weapons in the nukara rep.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

I believe the section 31 rifle is as well
    It was supposed to be, but a number of my Doffs are equipped with that Section 31 Rifle, most upgraded as well.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.