test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

b'tran cluster question

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
how do we get the mission for the purple doff? I have done all the missions in the chain with my rom tac (fed aligned), but I don't have this mission: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Support_Colonization_Efforts . 3 days that i check the available missions in the b'tran cluster but nothing.

Comments

• psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    every beta quadrand instance has is own missions available - ask zone in witch instance the mission is active
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Those missions can be a pain to find. Basically it is random what is available at any point in time, but different instances can have different missions. Also, pay attention to the timer in the doff window and come back after it has changed the sector missions if you have enough time in the day.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    so this is random, this is really crappy. do I need to go to b'tran cluster or the mission is available in all the beta sector space?

thx btw for your replies. i'm going to check next time other instances.
    Doffing was designed to be a time sink. Fly around find missions in different places and grab them while you can, or come back again and again to find it. So, no you have to go to B'tran. Try to find an Iconian or Borg story mission nearby for an easy mission transwarp.
    well, at least I had the chance of getting my first cardassian boff recruitment mission.
  • darkd4xdarkd4x Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    every cluster you must go to... example Hromi, Eridian Belt, Zenas Expanse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Check a few times a day. I have done all Clusters in one session. Sometimes I got 5 Support Assignments, other times, maybe 1.

Maximize your critical chance, otherwise you will just get a Refugee.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yes, these missions are rare.. that is why Purple Technicians cost 15-20M a pop on the Exchange.

Personally, I got sick of trying to farm this thing, I would rather just use a couple days of Dilithium Refining and just buy 3 techs from the exchange.. but that's just me.

They will pop up eventually, just check as often as you can.

Happy Hunting!! :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    yes, it is for the purple technician :) My patience for this kind of grind is also limited, I'm sure that i'm going to do like you after a moment, if I'm not lucky. :p
    Don't forget you can get one for free from your DOFF personnel officer at the academy if you have tier 4 engineering commendation or 12k dil if you bought another DOFF for free.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Don't forget you can get one for free from your DOFF personnel officer at the academy if you have tier 4 engineering commendation or 12k dil if you bought another DOFF for free.

Good point, so you really only have to buy 2 Techs.

I actually just did this for a recently built character, I got the Techs for 10M each on the exchange. Sure, it might seem like a bit much for a DoFF you can get for 'free' but the time investment farming B'Tran is just not something I wanted to do again. I have farmed that thing enough times to last me the rest of my life. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.

I'll add I think this is only for FEDs. I searched the store the other day on a KDF character and couldn't find a tech, which obviously sucks.

Farming B'tran is definitely not fun, no, but if you can find a few minutes to visit it every day, it is probably worth a savings of 20-30m in the long run, probably more for KDF characters given how much rarer their DOFFs are overall. But if you've got that kind of EC to burn, there is nothing wrong with saving yourself the time either.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    For KDF, it can help to farm whichever cluster it is for Laura Connely. It's one of the ones at the bottom of the map, and she provides all the bonuses for the other cluster missions.
    well, after 2 attempts, I stopped to do these doffs missions. it is just too boring.