test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whoa Nellie! What's with the megalithic 'Follow' button?

2»

Comments

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Came back here to check threads I'm interested in and there's a giant 'Follow' button at the top of the forums. Did someone overfeed the darn thing? :lol:
    You expect Cryptic to have someone who actually understands HTML and web development, or the Forum software they use?

For years now, it's just been 'cut and paste' here - evidenced by IDK how many times we've seen an announcement of a repeat of something and the dates are one year old, etc. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    cryptic isn't responsible for the forum and its issues, though - they're only renting the service, so i don't expect them to have someone who understands how it works

i DO, however, expect the people who own vanilla to have people who know how their own forum software works, because if they don't, that's...very bad​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I see it's been fixed. Thank you, Vanilla.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    We'll always have the memories, years from now we'll look back and say "there was this time when the forums got all weird but it may have just been a dream or something. Whelp, got to go oil the robot overlords."
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    this doesn't compare to everyone becoming pseudo-mods, though - that was years ago, but i don't think anyone who was here at the time will quickly forget that​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    We'll always have the memories, years from now we'll look back and say "there was this time when the forums got all weird but it may have just been a dream or something. Whelp, got to go oil the robot overlords."

Future??. i'm doing that right now at work!! (for real, thou is not an overlord yet.. :lol: )
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.