test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chronometric Calculations Set

grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
Hi all,
I have a role playing temporal captain I would like to get this set for. The Chronometric Calculations Set. But only if it is worth working on. Is a Polaron build good currently?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Chronometric_Calculations_Set

Is it worth using and getting the set up to epic? I have the Krenim warship and science ships already. Do you have any other sets that would be useful in game, but also "time" related?
Thank you.

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    I have the omni on one of my characters, and I was going to get the rest of the set but ended up doing things with other characters and have not gone further than the omni yet. The set looks decent on paper, and it is available before the reputation sets are so it is good for a newish character at least (I am not sure how exactly it stacks up against reputation sets, the wiki pages are good but they do not substitute for actually playing with the sets).

As for other "time" sets, there is the Temporal reputation which has the usual two sets. The weapons and console part is an antiproton set mechanics wise to start though reaching tier six unlocks polaron variants of the equipment. The Temporal rep sets are good if they fit your playstyle (I have a character that runs every piece of the space and ground stuff from that rep (at least were the either/or choice allows anyway) and they are decent sets.

There is also a Lobi set called "Temporal Warfare Set" you can get at Drozana station though like most non-ship lobi stuff it probably is not worth the price of 200 lobi per item (600 for the set of three).
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Polaron is working just fine^^ I use the Chronometric Calculations Set you linked as a 2 or 3 piece set on polaron boats and epg-torp builds.

The pieces go well with a variety of other items depending upon what you're trying to build. Other useful sets and pieces for polaron might come from the Dyson, Lukari, Delta and Gamma reps as well as the Gamma Quadrant mission "Home".

There are some time related sets - I do have some of the temporal ships - Wells, Mobius, and Paradox with the related consoles forming the Temporal Fragmentation System Set and have the lobi Temporal Warfare Set as well. To be honest it's an expensive proposition to do some fancy things with great flourish and while fun, I find myself using the Eternal Class Temporal MMSV as well as other C-store ships and using more conventional consoles as my go-to's far more often with less expense and more damage.

Having said that somebody will probably now post an absolutely deadly build using some of the above temporal pieces ;)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    if you are doing a polaron build I'd say the it's not necessary, but unless you are min/maxing, the 2 pc from the 360 and the polaron weapon is a little aux boost so always welcome. Sword of barsoom is a Jem Harad ship, but she flies with the chrono beam array and 360, then the full pizo suite, beam, torpedo and console. thats where your polaron bumps come from, it's something like 40-50% and while not the best set out there, the J-H 2 pc is another small polaron bump, and it's canon for me.
    Spock.jpg

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Recently, there was a thread about Polaron boosting sets for a ship build. You can find it here. It has some information that might help you.

As I state in this thread, I am personally not a fan of the set you listed, it's just a bit weak for my taste... but it's not bad. There are other better alternatives listed in that thread.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    The other linked thread is in general discussion. Everything listed there is also listed here.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I use 3 of the pieces for a sci build, because the set gives a exotic damage bonus, but the torp is really meh. And currently, I try to replace it. For a beam or a cannon build (engineer or tac), you don't really need this set. The gamma and lukari reputation stuff for polaron are more interesting. And there is the set from the gamma mission Home.