test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashing during launch.

I havnet got on in STO since last month. Just recently (pass a few days) I cannot start up my game without crashing. As soon I press engage it loads up and after the loading menu it crashes. I have tried reinstalling my game and launching in safe mode but it didnt work. I am getting P.O. Can anymore try and help?

Comments

• smacairtsmacairt Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I havnet got on in STO since last month. Just recently (pass a few days) I cannot start up my game without crashing. As soon I press engage it loads up and after the loading menu it crashes. I have tried reinstalling my game and launching in safe mode but it didnt work. I am getting P.O. Can anymore try and help?

Do you have Intel integrated graphics? If so you're FUBARed. There is a known issue with the integrated graphics chipsets since the Nov 12th patch and they are NOT fixing it, apparently.
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    smacairt wrote: »

Do you have Intel integrated graphics? If so you're FUBARed. There is a known issue with the integrated graphics chipsets since the Nov 12th patch and they are NOT fixing it, apparently.

Any word on why not?
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • smacairtsmacairt Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Any word on why not?

No word period, from anyone, full stop. No community manager, no Dev, no game master, no senior game master, no representative from Cryptic has even commented on the issue, other than the standard: "it's a bug". So for those of us who are FUBARed, it is now day 36 and counting with no word, no fix, and no STO.

They are also deleting bug tickets without even responding now, so you can see why I don't think they are going to fix it.
  • themadvykingthemadvyking Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm also crashing at character screen and now neverwinter the same. So possibly talk to the people there and solve two problems in one shot
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I've been having the same issue since November.

Strangely, I had better luck today. I tried opening the game with "Run as Administrator" and I got a full 1 screen further into the process before crashing. Instead of booting me as the screen switches to the character select screen, I actually got to the character select screen. The selected character moved for a few seconds before the game froze. I let it sit like that for about half an hour before deciding it wasn't going to recover. I was able to get to that point 3 times, never being able to click the Play button before it froze.
  • themadvykingthemadvyking Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    same here with the crash. hoping whatever was put in they reverse it
  • parker#8611 parker Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Hello Cryptic
    Are you people taking a gander at the forums and seeing the issues players are having ??? or is it you don't give a rats ??
    The players pay your wages don't forget that, now get on yr bikes and fix this bloody issue ok,
    I have been attempting to get into game for the last hour lol,
    Post edited by parker#8611 on
  • parker#8611 parker Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Yay finally I got into game :)
    Post edited by parker#8611 on
  • terenn#7168 terenn Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was running into this issue as well (not using Intel Integrated Graphics). I found another post that suggested removing the Arc client... When uninstalling Arc it will ask you if you want to keep or delete the game - keep it. After Arc is uninstalled, go into you program files and launch the game directly and it worked (for me).
  • tarragoniantarragonian Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @supremekylla said:
    > I havnet got on in STO since last month. Just recently (pass a few days) I cannot start up my game without crashing. As soon I press engage it loads up and after the loading menu it crashes. I have tried reinstalling my game and launching in safe mode but it didnt work. I am getting P.O. Can anymore try and help?

Have the System Requirements changed??
    I used to be able to play, (indeed I had this PC custom built to cope with STO Reqs) but now it crashes every time when it gets to the graphic display check screen.
    Admittedly I have not launched it for over a year, but now keen to get back into STO.
  • dbbanner#1213 dbbanner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I keep getting an error screen each time I log in. Past two days. ARC error comes up. It has a bar that seems to progress and a button to try again. Rarely, I get into a session, play out a mission and then get dropped out to the same error screen. Sent in a ticket yesterday. No response. The some of the stuff I have been reading make it sound like ARC does not care or respond. Funny, this happens right after I by some coin and they have my money. ??????????
  • vifarcvifarc Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I keep getting an error screen each time I log in. Past two days. ARC error comes up. It has a bar that seems to progress and a button to try again.
    Same since last patch, but I even can't enter to character choice.
    UPDATE: I was able to remove the crash by loading the default setting of my NVidia driver.
    Post edited by vifarc on
  • vaisatrianivaisatriani Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I'm having the same issues since the patch that came out yesterday. I flat out can't get the game to launch at all.
    - I select the ENGAGE button, the Cryptic screen comes up, it flickers once, and then locks up with the blue spinning wheel of death.
    - On my task manager, it always goes to 'Not Responding', and I have to select END TASK to get out of it.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it...that did not fix the issue. I also verified that all of my drivers are up to date/current. This is really frustrating.

update: I reinstalled the game again (3rd time) and rebooted my computer. That seemed to fix the issue and I'm able to get in now.
    Post edited by vaisatriani on