test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Minelayer boat guide

1235»

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    On the subject of mines, does anyone know if the mines dropped by pets can be relocated with the relocate skill?
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Orion_Slavers

Thinking of some potentially interesting mine builds on my orion.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    On the subject of mines, does anyone know if the mines dropped by pets can be relocated with the relocate skill?
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Orion_Slavers

Thinking of some potentially interesting mine builds on my orion.
    Relocate did not work with the Vorgon pets but Master of the Mined did.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i don't see why it wouldn't work...relocate is supposed to work on all mines tagged as yours, which is what hangar pet mines are, i thought...their UI info comes up white, at least​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • greywalker#7639 greywalker Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    How much damage do I loose by not using Kemosite? I could get Kemo in a ensign slot, but that almost seems like a waste. I only have one Ensign and Lt Commander slots on my intel cruiser. Also is it worth is rolling all damage on the mines? All my Tac slots hold Quantum consoles, I am thinking about going to generic Mine consoles....but... Thoughts?

edited June 2019
    How much damage do I loose by not using Kemosite? I could get Kemo in a ensign slot, but that almost seems like a waste. I only have one Ensign and Lt Commander slots on my intel cruiser. Also is it worth is rolling all damage on the mines? All my Tac slots hold Quantum consoles, I am thinking about going to generic Mine consoles....but... Thoughts?
    Its hard to say due the resistance debuff. Between 5K to 15k DPS? on an average run. 20k+ loss on a great run. All DMG on mines depends on what your base crit chance is. After a certain point of crit chance mines are better with crit severity
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    What explosive type are the new S31 mines?

Also what do you guys think is a good plan for using them?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    What explosive type are the new S31 mines?

Also what do you guys think is a good plan for using them?
    Black Ops are Kinetic; Blade is physical on DoT and after 60seconds Kinetic. As for plan I don’t have one. I just leave them in my 5th rear slot on auto fire.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well, do they count as transphasic/tricobalt/photon/etc.. or are they like KCB and don't really have one?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Well, do they count as transphasic/tricobalt/photon/etc.. or are they like KCB and don't really have one?
    As far as I can tell like KCB, they do not really have one. +Kinetic and +Mine work. I would assume +physical would work on the blade part but I am not aware of any +physical.
    given physical is a 'special' damage type, it'll never have a dedicated console of its own, so the only damage boosts you'll get for it will be from traits, doffs, set bonii and passives on other consoles​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • mazujiemazujie Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Hi miners, i have a question, when i set the mines in the aft on autofire they start nicely to drop, but then sometimes they stop droping until i start autofire again, does anybody knows why that happens?
    I have auto attack on and on maintain auto atack

grtz.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    mazujie wrote: »
    Hi miners, i have a question, when i set the mines in the aft on autofire they start nicely to drop, but then sometimes they stop droping until i start autofire again, does anybody knows why that happens?

grtz.

Autofire often stops when there is no target available, even with area weapons like mines. You usually don't have to toggle autofire off then on though, most of the time just left clicking the launcher icon starts it up again (or if you have fighters on auto too, tapping the launch key does the same thing and starts the mines dropping even if your squadrons are full).
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    Perhaps you disengage your auto fire by pressing one of your quick action keys (e.g. space bar).
    Maybe @pottsey5g has some additional ideas?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited December 2019
    probably a setting pertaining to auto-fire - one of them is called Target Change cancels and another is Non-combat cancels...or something like that​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited December 2019

grtz.
    For me its normally the other way around. I cannot get them to stop firing after the target has died. Saying that Auto Attack does sometimes for what apears to be no reason stop working.

Try running

Only attacker if target selected: Yes
    Select attacker if attacked: Yes
    Auto Attack: Toggle, non-combat cancels.

and I assume you have done this already but just in case not. Right click and make sure all the mines have a green bar around them. A handy little hint although its not 100% reliable. The order you select the green bar around the weapons is the fire order the weapons start firing with from a fresh combat.

EDIT: You could also try setting up a macro. Something like mouse button 5 for tray 1. mouse button 6 for tray 2 with a weapon fire placed in the routine. It keeps auto fire ticking over. Some people like to add a shield balance in.
    edited December 2019
    ok thx for the help , ill go and try it out.
    The option Toggle non combat cancels, i thought for mines its a bad one because mines need to keep dropping?
    Most reliable seems to be the tray option i think.
    Cya out there!
    ok thx for the help , ill go and try it out.
    The option Toggle non combat cancels, i thought for mines its a bad one because mines need to keep dropping?
    Most reliable seems to be the tray option i think.
    Cya out there!
    Its personal preference but there are two reasons why I use those settings. There is a limit in how many mines you can have out ready for the next fight. After the last ship dies red alert lingers for a little while allowing auto fire to drop a batch of mines ready to teleport into the next combat.

The other and main reason is mines being dropped can break the F key interaction between objects. With the above settings mines will stop dropping out of combat allowing you to interact via the F Key without interruptions.

thx again!