test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extra Life 2019!

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The blog literally reads, "You don't have to wait for the event to donate! Click here to donate now!" How is that unclear?

cause you can donate at any time... but it is not clear if you need to donate during the livesteam for the rewards. also the top rewards are limited... so if you can donate at any time... the reward you want could be gone... it would seem they would want to limit that risk to generate more buzz for the rewards to be available only during the livestream... it wouldn't matter if the rewards are not limited, but they are.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    So it sounds like possibly all the top tier "limited" rewards are already gone before tomorrow's live stream if I'm understanding BaddMoonRizin's & DuncanIdaho11's interpretation correctly?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    So it sounds like possibly all the top tier "limited" rewards are already gone before tomorrow's live stream if I'm understanding BaddMoonRizin's & DuncanIdaho11's interpretation correctly?

The total of the Neverwinter $75, 100, 250 = $2,250
    The STO $50, 100 = $1,500

The current donation total is $3,410 not $3,750 so something is left, but who know what? All the STO might be gone, all the Neverwinter, or some of both might still exist.

Maybe they'll say what is left during the streams, but the streamers might not know either.

Hopefully they won't mention the rewards if they are already gone.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

The current donation total is $3,410 not $3,750 so something is left, but who know what? All the STO might be gone, all the Neverwinter, or some of both might still exist.

well as of 3:45pm over $3,400/$4,000 has been raised... so yeah if you can donate and claim prizes before the streams... the top rewards are most likely gone. limiting the number of virtual goods is inane

Maybe they'll say what is left during the streams, but the streamers might not know either.

Very true even if all of the "limited" rewards are already gone I hope people still at least consider donating. It just seems the good will intended got muddled in the logistics process of this.

Very true even if all of the "limited" rewards are already gone I hope people still at least consider donating. It just seems the good will intended got muddled in the logistics process of this.

Yeah, it's a great thing they're doing, it just would be even better if they'd done it like a few years back when I got the mega-pack, it was Oprah style:

You get a reward! You get a reward! You get a reward! You get a reward! ... Everybody gets a reward!

Yeah, it's a great thing they're doing, it just would be even better if they'd done it like a few years back when I got the mega-pack, it was Oprah style:

You get a reward! You get a reward! You get a reward! You get a reward! ... Everybody gets a reward!

& then you gotta pay the taxes if I remember lol.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I donated yesterday, and I donated today during the stream.
    Time to see if I get 1 or 2 codes.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • captlzimpcaptlzimp Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    OK I am confused.

Note: Prizes will be awarded in the form of codes. Codes will start being sent out during the stream and up to one week post-stream. If there is no email attached to your donation or you donated anonymously, please check for a Thank You email for information on how to contact us to obtain your code/s.

How do we contact you? The Extra Life Thank You for Donating email and the PayPal email "Receipt for Your Payment to Children's Miracle Network" says nothing about how to contact you.

In addition, when donating it did not ask me about NeverWinter or STO. I specifically used the "Supporting Cryptic Crew" Pay Portal.

How do I get my in-game codes?
  • tesoropaddle#8638 tesoropaddle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    (Personal information moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,242 Community Moderator
    Guys, this is not the place to be sharing personal information and it's also against forum rules. Per Kael's post, you will be contacted. Please be patient. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Just checked the Extra Life site & the STO charity part is less than $700 away from their $10K goal. Hopefully it will be met. All the ambiguity made me too cautious to it.
    Just checked the Extra Life site & the STO charity part is less than $700 away from their $10K goal. Hopefully it will be met. All the ambiguity made me too cautious to it.

Me too :(

I have my normal charity budget, which is done through a donor guided fund in my brokerage account and is already spoken for this year. This would have come out of my gaming budget instead.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Over 12,000 raised, double last year. Great job everyone who chipped in.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    The way the rewards are being handled is quite convoluted, in my opinion.

First you get those instructions:
    Note: Prizes will be awarded in the form of codes. Codes will start being sent out during the stream and up to one week post-stream. If there is no email attached to your donation or you donated anonumously, please check for a Thank You email for information on how to contact us to obtain your code/s.

Then, it turns out you actually have to wait to receive a mail from the community team of Cryptic (so not the immediate "thank you" mail you receive once you make the donation) asking you for your platform and game (because apparently having your game(s) already linked to your mail address isn't enough).
    So you reply to that mail with the required info.

Then, you receive another mail (3 days after the last mail, BTW), telling you and I quote: " Thank you to those who have already replied with your game and platform information. If you have not yet provided us this information, please do so by 5pm PT Monday, December 16 to be eligible for the in-game codes.

We are processing the rewards as quickly as possible. Due to the code set-up for Star Trek Online, those rewards may be slightly delayed. Neverwinter rewards will begin going out today and continue to be sent out during the next 2 business days. "

So it's merely implied they got your reply but since it's an automated reply, you can't even be sure your reply was acknowledged.

I wonder if there really was no way to make it simpler, especially since it was with Twitch, that does handle rewards by itself. At least, they didn't ask for the game handle or more, because that'd have pushed this from "convoluted" to "suspicious".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The way the rewards are being handled is quite convoluted, in my opinion.

First you get those instructions:
    Note: Prizes will be awarded in the form of codes. Codes will start being sent out during the stream and up to one week post-stream. If there is no email attached to your donation or you donated anonumously, please check for a Thank You email for information on how to contact us to obtain your code/s.

Then, it turns out you actually have to wait to receive a mail from the community team of Cryptic (so not the immediate "thank you" mail you receive once you make the donation) asking you for your platform and game (because apparently having your game(s) already linked to your mail address isn't enough).
    So you reply to that mail with the required info.

Then, you receive another mail (3 days after the last mail, BTW), telling you and I quote: " Thank you to those who have already replied with your game and platform information. If you have not yet provided us this information, please do so by 5pm PT Monday, December 16 to be eligible for the in-game codes.

We are processing the rewards as quickly as possible. Due to the code set-up for Star Trek Online, those rewards may be slightly delayed. Neverwinter rewards will begin going out today and continue to be sent out during the next 2 business days. "

So it's merely implied they got your reply but since it's an automated reply, you can't even be sure your reply was acknowledged.

I wonder if there really was no way to make it simpler, especially since it was with Twitch, that does handle rewards by itself. At least, they didn't ask for the game handle or more, because that'd have pushed this from "convoluted" to "suspicious".

And the Thank You email says nothing about how to obtain your code if you don't have an email attached or donated anonymously.
    Maybe next year they can use Groupee, some other service like KickStarter, or collect the donations themselves. With a service it could track the limits on the bundles and tell you if a donation level is "sold out."
    Still waiting for my code.
    Got the mail monday, asking what game I wanted the code for, which I replied to.
    And now I noticed that I got a new mail that makes me a bit worried, since it says I got until this upcoming monday to reply.
    But it also says the codes are slightly delayed.

I don't wanna loose out on my code.
    If you replied, then you don't have to worry. Just be patient for the next message with the code.
    GrWzQke.png
  • spyrer2000spyrer2000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have not yet received an email. Is there an address where I can forward my receipt for the donation?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Still waiting for my code.
    Got the mail monday, asking what game I wanted the code for, which I replied to.
    And now I noticed that I got a new mail that makes me a bit worried, since it says I got until this upcoming monday to reply.
    But it also says the codes are slightly delayed.

I don't wanna loose out on my code.

You're fine. The delay in STO codes follows from Kael's recent holiday vacation time and things otherwise being quite busy in the studio because of upcoming content. NW team had theirs set to go. I know for STO consoles the time given was January (because of the upcoming holidays), not sure where PC is but regardless you're in no danger of losing out on your codes (Kael was upfront about this on the stream.)
    Maybe next year they can use Groupee, some other service like KickStarter, or collect the donations themselves. With a service it could track the limits on the bundles and tell you if a donation level is "sold out."
    Neither of those provides a transparent link to extra life. Remember: codified charity event (started in 2008) for gaming communities to help support children's hospitals.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    If you replied, then you don't have to worry. Just be patient for the next message with the code.

But what if we haven't received the email to indicate whether we want a STO or Neverwinter code? All I received was a Thank You email from Extra Life with no mention of how to contact Cryptic as indicated by the Dev Blog.
    starkaos wrote: »

But what if we haven't received the email to indicate whether we want a STO or Neverwinter code? All I received was a Thank You email from Extra Life with no mention of how to contact Cryptic as indicated by the Dev Blog.

Did you donate while they were streaming, or before?
    I donated twice, one before the stream and one while they were streaming, and it looks like I am only getting one code, so I guess only the donation while they were streaming counts.
    No, I only donated before and I'm getting a code, so when one donated doesn't seem to be the determining factor.
    GrWzQke.png
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »

Did you donate while they were streaming, or before?
    I donated twice, one before the stream and one while they were streaming, and it looks like I am only getting one code, so I guess only the donation while they were streaming counts.

Donated anonymously during the stream since I like to keep my personal information private, but it says on the Dev Blog "If there is no email attached to your donation or you donated anonumously, please check for a Thank You email for information on how to contact us to obtain your code/s."
  • pedram3pedram3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    how do i delete my comments lol
    Post edited by pedram3 on
  • pedram3pedram3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Okay just saw it among the other games in the list, sorry.
  • spyrer2000spyrer2000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The deadline for notification is today -- I haven't yet received an email. Where can I send my receipt to make sure I get my codes?