test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any Krenim Starship / Any Voth Starship...but the consoles cannot be equipped.

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
I was incredibly disappointed yesterday to find that the "Voth Cloak Technologies" set could not be equipped on the Voth Heavy Fighter, despite the consoles saying "ANY Voth Starship".

I've also been baffled for years by the "Coalition Timeline Manipulation" set not being able to be equipped on the Krenim Imperium Warship.

It's so frustrating when new consoles become able to be equipped on any starship, most notably the "Temporal Fragmentation" set, which was of course was bound only to Temporal ships and can now be put on everything.

Why when the ships are specifically Krenmin and Voth and the consoles say "any", are they not able to be equipped?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Probably either an oversight or it doesn't apply to small craft and the tooltips simply don't mention that. It wouldn't be the first time they've had misleading tooltips.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Because "small Craft" are not "Starships" in Cryptic grouping?

I saw a universal console the other day that said "not small craft" but I forget what it was.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They don't often update the tooltips for old items unless they're actually changing the item, so it's pretty common for generic statements about the equip restriction to be out of date. It would perhaps be better if they directly listed the ships the console can go on, instead of statements like "any X" which will go out of date the moment they release an X that's not on the approved list.

And smallcraft are not starships.
    kayajay wrote: »
    I've also been baffled for years by the "Coalition Timeline Manipulation" set not being able to be equipped on the Krenim Imperium Warship.
    You mean the Krenim Science Vessel? The CTM set comes with the Warship and it's lobi counterpart, so it's definitely equippable on that.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    They don't often update the tooltips for old items unless they're actually changing the item, so it's pretty common for generic statements about the equip restriction to be out of date. It would perhaps be better if they directly listed the ships the console can go on, instead of statements like "any X" which will go out of date the moment they release an X that's not on the approved list.

And smallcraft are not starships.
    kayajay wrote: »
    You mean the Krenim Science Vessel? The CTM set comes with the Warship and it's lobi counterpart, so it's definitely equippable on that.

When I first got the vessel, because it was an episode reward I believe, I was excited to equip my Krenim consoles on it...try it, because they won't go on.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The event reward was the Krenim Science vessel, not the warship
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I was kind of disappointed how I couldn't stick my Annorax console on my Imperium.
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    The event reward was the Krenim Science vessel, not the warship

My mistake, that's the ship I was talking about...but it's a Krenim ship that won't accept any other Krenim specific consoles.
This discussion has been closed.