test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Help From Community Moderators

sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
I have been trying to log into the Champions Online, Neverwinter and other forums for the last year, and I am unable to. I just bought the LT subscription for CO, thinking that would help, but I still cannot login to CO. I am able to create a post in STO, (obviously with this post,) but I cannot create a post in CO, Neverwinter or the other forums. Please help me with this issue.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    I don't know if just posting on the forums would be enough to get the attention of a community mod, let alone if they can do something about forums they are not mods for. However they might know someone who can direct you to someone who knows.

So in the interest of helping a fellow forumite get the information...

@baddmoonrizin
    @wingedhussar#7584

Any advice?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I don't know if just posting on the forums would be enough to get the attention of a community mod, let alone if they can do something about forums they are not mods for. However they might know someone who can direct you to someone who knows.

So in the interest of helping a fellow forumite get the information...

@baddmoonrizin
    @wingedhussar#7584

Any advice?

I have contacted them, and still nothing!
    Its possible they're either busy right now with other things or actually looking for someone. Just give it time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I asked for help with this back in February and no response.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Is it possible you got yourself banned from those forums?
    Insert witty signature line here.
    But I have never posted in those forums before.
    Calm down a bit please. We're trying to help based on your initial post. You didn't say anything about how long this had been going on, so I tried to alert the mods who might be able to help. Now we're trying to figure out a reason why you're not able to.

We're working with less information than you honestly.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    sukhothai wrote: »
    But I have never posted in those forums before.

Ok, well then it's unlikely you're banned. :smile:

What happens when you try to post? Do you get an error message or anything?

Calm down a bit please.

Who exactly was not being calm?

Insert witty signature line here.
    What happens when you try to post? Do you get an error message or anything?

There is nothing there! Here is an image of what I see. Upper right hand corner shows me logged in, and no forum profile picture above forum area.

https://www.deviantart.com/borgking001a/art/For-Forums-823312912?ga_submit_new=10:1576192638
    edited December 2019
    Calm down a bit please.

The OP seemed to be getting a bit defensive from my perspective. If that was not the case I apologize.
    There is nothing there! Here is an image of what I see. Upper right hand corner shows me logged in, and no forum profile picture above forum area.

https://www.deviantart.com/borgking001a/art/For-Forums-823312912?ga_submit_new=10:1576192638

Hm... I've seen something similar every once in a while on the STO forums, but hitting reload seemed to fix it, showing my avater in the upper left. What annoys me is having to put in the Arc Defender code every time I log in because I'm logging in "from a new location" even though its the same computer every time. Annoying but not much I can do about that.

Here's the main difference I see between your screenshot and mine.

screenshot%202019-12-12%2015.22.52.png?dl=1

You don't have your avatar and other stuff in the upper left. It does show you're logged in in the upper right, but you seem to be missing your avatar, PMs, Account Options, ect. Just like you discribed. Can use mine as a reference for how it's supposed to look vs what you're seeing if you'd like.

I know you probably already tried it, but for sake of argument... try reloading the page again while you're on it. See if those options appear. If not... something screwy may be going on.
    Calm down a bit please.

The OP seemed to be getting a bit defensive from my perspective. If that was not the case I apologize.

Probably because I used too many "!," sorry.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Calm down a bit please.

Probably because I used too many "!," sorry.

It is understandable. Sometimes it can be very difficult to know a persons feelings, thoughts or style in text or on the computer. Even a innocently written post can seem like someone is shouting etc.

The joys of language huh :) for all it's faults the human race is indeed a strange and beautiful at the same time :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    No prob. We're trying to figure it out too.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Is it possible that you tried to create a new topic?
    New accounts (below x number of posts) often cannot create new topics. It's a feature in many forums to prevent spam bots.

Have you tried creating a topic in the introduction section?
    (Cross linking removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    No, the issue is that he cannot post over there at all. I have the same issue. I haven't yet found a way to work around it, but I'm looking into it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    To echo my cohort above it's effecting all of us on the moderation team so there's a technical reason for it we've not yet been able to establish. Believe me I wish I knew what to tell you, especially with that new MTG game coming up as well. We're bugging them about it some more to see what we can come up with.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    edited December 2019
    valoreah wrote: »
    May be silly to ask - have you all tried different browsers? They are all not created equal and some appear to have issues with Vanilla.

I thought the same thing when this cropped up back in Feb. but there was no avail. We're pretty sure it's something on the vanilla side of things. If you've gotten it to work on a different browser by all means let us know as that can help pinpoint the issue better. Unfortunately as moderators we only have access to so much on the backend part of the forum. it will most likely take an administrator account to fix what's up or vanilla themselves from the looks of things.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited December 2019
    I have tried several workarounds myself: via different browsers, via Arc, via mobile, logging out and logging back in on specific forums... Still nothing. Forum profile just isn't available/accessible on any other forum besides STO despite the fact that it shows me logged in up top. I'm thinking this is a Vanilla issue and it's something that only they can remedy. I'm aware that there are some STO forumites that are able to post on CO, but I'm assuming that they must have been doing that before the forum migration.

I apologize for not having stayed up on this issue. It had totally slipped my mind. But with Magic about to launch, I'm sure there are forumites who may want to get involved there as well, so this issue does really need to be addressed and soon.
    GrWzQke.png
    edited December 2019
    Using my firefox browser i was able to create a topic there without problems.

Hopefully this brings a solution a little bit closer.

Heard cross linking is not allowed. Was not aware of that.
    Edit link removed
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    One quick remark and perhaps this is my dirty mind speaking, but the Title of the topic should be changed to Community Moderators. When i first saw this topic for Cummunity moderators" i had a somewhat different expectation of the content.

If you used a similar title at Champions, perhaps an adult filter kicked in?
    My usual web browser is Chrome. No luck. Tried on Firefox and cannot even see any forum including STO despite being logged in. Regardless, no matter which browser, all forums should be accessible via Arc.
    GrWzQke.png
    Is it possible that certain areas/countries are blocked?
    questerius wrote: »
    Is it possible that certain areas/countries are blocked?

Being blocked in a part of the country would not make any difference. If I can post on STO but not CO, then I am not blocked in the country.
    I figured it's unlikely, but i had to ask if only to cross it off the list.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I use Mobile almost exclusively and on an Android phone. I use Cheetah Browser and could see all and post on all. I switched up and went to Chrome on my phone and had the same results, see all post all.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    really stupid question, but I will ask it since I have never attempted to post in Neverwinter.. but do you hvae to REGISTER to that forum?
    Spock.jpg

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    no, you can use the account you created for one of cryptic's games across all of them

i never had to re-register to be able to post on the NWO or CO sections of the forums, even back before the move to vanilla​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    And there's a question right there: were you posting in the other forums BEFORE the migration to Vanilla? Did anyone who's able to post to the other forums only begin posting AFTER the migration to Vanilla?
    GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.