test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

As of today, Sid Haig is still not on the memorial list.

ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
I'm not sure how many others who participated in Star Trek's journey while they lived were omitted, but Sid Haig hasn't been put up there. And it's almost been three months since he shuffled off this mortal coil. I know I've mentioned it here, and on reddit in the past, but I'm going to ping again, until things get corrected.

For those wondering, he was First Lawgiver in the episode "The Return of the Archons."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708476/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_139
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0354085/

Yea he is credited and mentioned on his page, and recognized for an episode of the Original TV series for sure. Not to mention several other very well know television and film series. Certainly deserving of having his name on the Memorial List!

The Return of the Archons
    PG | 50min | Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi | Episode aired 9 February 1967

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    is there a in game place to visit or is this just a STO forum style set up of names ?
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    I've sent this thread up. Hopefully we see an update soon.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    is there a in game place to visit or is this just a STO forum style set up of names ?

There is an in-game place to visit with the names of several people important in the Star Trek franchise. One is on ESD at the top levels, the second is on Qo'Nos for KDF, the third location is on the second floor of DS9 (did not know about this was this a recent addition?), and the fourth location is on New Romulus (did not know about this at all). I only knew about the main ones.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »

There is an in-game place to visit with the names of several people important in the Star Trek franchise. One is on ESD at the top levels and the second is on Qo'Nos for KDF.

The third location is on the second floor of DS9.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

There is an in-game place to visit with the names of several people important in the Star Trek franchise. One is on ESD at the top levels and the second is on Qo'Nos for KDF.

The third location is on the second floor of DS9.

New Romulus as well.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    I looked for Sid Haig's name on Qo'Nos, did not see it. Anyone else see it?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    I looked for Sid Haig's name on Qo'Nos, did not see it. Anyone else see it?

Still not added yet. I checked the memorial at DS9. Oh, but Cryptic had time to roll out a shiny new memorial design, AND make Nog and Odo even more of an eyesore at the bar with their placement. Should never be blatantly front and center, and certainly not located as they are, considering that their stories are done unless Cryptic decides to pull a "Weekend at Bernies" with the two of them in some future episode(s), and considering that they are blocking a traffic path in a small/cramped space. That's an immersion breaker there if roleplaying.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    IMO, the game's memorial should have just been a general one for all those that have been a part of the Star Trek franchise. Right now it looks like a grisly Kill List.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    IMO, the game's memorial should have just been a general one for all those that have been a part of the Star Trek franchise. Right now it looks like a grisly Kill List.

Sorta like the KIA/WIA/MIA list scrolling in Starship Troopers. I'll have to check the one on QonoS' to see if it's done in the Starfleet style I've seen on DS9. It wouldn't surprise me if it was.
This discussion has been closed.