test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lighting Change Request

toddmillhousetoddmillhouse Member Posts: 59 Arc User
I don't know what lighting changes are present in Q's Winter Wonderland instances but I would like them made Game Wide if possible. Reason being is uniform/armor parts or sets that have reflective parts only truly reflect or shine properly in this lighting scheme. Images below

Q's Winter Wonderland Images

4rUcGaq.jpg

Earth Space Dock Images (Same Armor)

i5dwmBm.jpg

I don't know how feasible this request is but it would make a lot of already existing gear in the game look so much better.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Honestly the top image looks washed out and the bottom one looks far better.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I imagine the excess of Whites in Q's Wonderland makes the specular lighting come out, well, excessively. But it's ere too much. Makes my Lukari uniform be all glittery and shiny, but it looks more like a wetsuit -- I mean, literally a wet suit. Ergo, too much of a good thing leaves one wanting less.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • toddmillhousetoddmillhouse Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Personally I like the QWW lighting better, the armor looks metal as it should. Where as the ESD lighting makes it look like plastic or at best reflective rubber, the sheens are never quite right. And as the top picture demonstrates clearly the hands, legs and shoulders have both metallic and flat sheens showing a clear separation and making them look better. At least in my opinion.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

Agreed, the top image looks awful.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • toddmillhousetoddmillhouse Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

Agreed, the top image looks awful.

It looks washed out because Q's Winter Wonderland has a filter over the camera to give a feel of a haze. But the Reflective aspect of the image is what I'm interested in. So ignore the haze and look at the rest.

This discussion has been closed.