test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a way to make the buttons more sensitive?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I often have to click on buttons two or three times to get them to click. Is there a way to make them more sensitive? Thank for your help
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    PC, or Console? Also which buttons specifically?​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    It happens to me frequently when connectivity is low (even though I have limitations there are still times in which responsiveness is much worse than I would expect by it, that is mostly when there are frequent SNRs/"bumpyness"/DC's/"rubberbanding" on STO, and more so on crowded or intense maps or TFOs)

in general as a mere novice player I think it could be a result of any of multiple factors (e.g. connectivity issue somewhere between your comp and the servers/hardware, drivers or otherwise software issues/limitation or personal status etc) or a combination of.

P.S.
    It might also possibly be the result of an on demand patching process (if you have this ticked, ofc) but I am not sure. I usually play while on demand patching off. It tends to make map moves smoother for me, at the expense of all downloaded fully ahead on each patch update. AKA bigger download. (and, BTW, when having to force verify I double check it's off then)
    ___
    I am sorry, I don't know a way unless (if it's not only a game issue but a more universal one - for you/comp) you do this in you operating system in accessibility options/universal access etc. (some things edited out.) At times I even had an opposite issue of some key/mouse strokes being doubled or tripled, while at other times I had to "fight" with the keyboard for responsiveness.

Double checked - look like I do use a few settings related to speed and now it's relatively ok so I guess I found what matches considering I thought it's the default and it is relatively fine to how it was. In that regard, I use/adjusted repeat keys and double-click delay, note that it's dedicated only if you have a personal difficulty (or sometimes, a bug of doubleclicks maybe?) and only globally across your OS and not only in the game. And as said, it may be difficult to fine tune so it will fit your typing and clicking styles in all situations as possible/ideally even assuming abilities are consistent, and sometimes it might be a bit "buggy" seemingly.

Could also be you have additional keyboard and/or mouse such "speed"/double click settings - for example in your control pannel though
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    More than likely connection based, servers are stateside which can have quite an impact on the ping depending on where you are which can make things easier to get lost in transit. Volume of stuff going on in your area from players, enemies and pets, will increase traffic and it does seem at times that the priority leans to the visual spam of the game rather than player controls.

If you're pressing for multiple abilities back to back or that use a combo of keys to use just slow down a bit and the game should behave a tiny bit better. So instead of hitting 1 2 3 4 you have to go more like 1 & 2 & 3 & 4.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I've found that the game can only respond to ability activations at about an ability a second. On my computer at least, I can see the UI respond to a key press, but nothing happen if I hit several keys quickly enough. The game does seem slightly more responsive to key presses than to mouse clicks.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    some abilitys have an activation time. duringt hat time you can usualy not use any other ability.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I've been requesting them to fix ability buttons since forever. It's the greatest of annoyances personally, has put me off playing STO alongside its many other problems, and it has also affected my other friends who no longer play it at all.

No other game out there has something so completely broken and game breaking - actually, recently in the only game I really play nowadays, a similar problem has crept in, and it affects the special infantry ability, and yes it results in some frustrations but it's still nowhere near as completely broken and persistent as in STO. Eventually I'll contact the devs there and let them know about it, since they actually read bug reports and do fix critical systems even if it takes months or a year. That much I can't say for STO.

The only partial workaround is to keybind the 4th and 5th space trays and spam them as they will activate then, as will the 4th ground tray. You will have to look for guides on the commands to do that, and be sure to type in the activation code on every character while on both space and ground -for both space and ground. Mine gives coding errors which I can't explain but it functions otherwise.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    PC. When I try to click on an option, it often takes several tries.
This discussion has been closed.