test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

These basic things need fixing!

1. Fix the in-game music player you somehow broke. I love listening to music while I play and I can still do so. But the in game music player was convenient! Now it destroys game play by slowing the game to a jerky progression and makes us have to do a full restart. This is even if you close the in-game music player!

2. Fix the character info! How come when I want to see a players information/bio or just to see if they are in a fleet. The information window seems to consume the entire server resources!! Playing a TFO and try to look at the info of a team member and suddenly the server gets lagged? How do I know it is the info window! OBSERVATION!! It happens very often specifically trying to open those info windows. Had it so slow it has taken a minute to open it! ONE MINUTE FOR A LITTLE STATIC WINDOW WITH INFO!!! Who programmed that and why does it consume so much server resource just for a info window!

3. Fix and Improve outfits!!!! Your outfit management is laughable. Trying to organize outfits is impossible. The whole outfit process consumes resources. Trying to change colors or items being worn is an effort in patience. It is so slow. What is worse, just trying to load an outfit seems to take forever AND has caused numerous crashes!!!! YES LOADING AN OUTFIT CAUSES GAME TO CRASH!!! I open the load outfit window. Takes a while for them to load and can cause crash. Especially when checking the load outfit only box and trying to look through all those outfits(horrible organization) and the game freezes and/or CRASHES!!! Multiple Cryptic Cash Logs have been submitted when this happens and yet there still does not seem to be a fix! I can play with dozens of npcs and players or dozens of ships flying about and have no slow down issue. But open up the appearance screen to alter player or bridge officer outfits and the process seems super slow.

4. The appearance options need to be more uniform. The color palettes are often different from piece to piece. The colors on the palettes often do not reflect the colors in the appearance. Sometimes changing the color on one piece, changes the color on ALL the pieces. That is sometimes good and sometimes bad. We should have the option to change the color on multiple pieces with one choice or to select each individually without that choice affecting other pieces! Such a pain trying to get pieces and colors to match. Not to mention the pain it is to make a fleet uniform. Try to use the one the character is wearing and it does not appear that way(even when trying to use basic uniforms that you do not have to use zen for). Try to load a fleet uniform from the saved list and you get all the uniforms in just text so you cannot even see what it looks like!

I know you guys love to work on new content. Love to pay those voice actors to do the new content. But could you please please PLEASE devote some resources to improving some of the BASIC aspects of gameplay that have been needing improvement for years! What you guys did for the events is one of those things that turned out awesome! So please continue to add new content, but do not let these little things pass by! I want to be able to listen to music again. I want to be able to check a players info without causing lag or freezing. I want to be able to alter my character and bridge officer appearance without worry about crashing and with better options to customize and organize!

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    If your using WinAmp it's no longer compatible the STO.
  • redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    The color palette thing is a problem I have. Even if I look up a video or image of the color settings somebody else has used, I don't get all of the same color options.
  • imperialgeminiimperialgemini Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    If your using WinAmp it's no longer compatible the STO.

Thanks for the update. That is unfortunate. Was it recent? Because as I mentioned it was working fine up until around Oct-Nov.

Either way. I guess I will just have to minimize game to adjust my music.

Thank you for responding and giving me the update. Much appreciated.