test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Command the Fek'Ihri Fe'rang!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Completing any event in Q's Winter Wonderland this year will progress you towards earning a brand new Carrier, with powers straight from Klingon Nightmares!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11306953

Comments

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    I was hoping the maw of grethor console would share a set with the chains of fire console from the S'torr warship... sadly out does not appear to be so. 😔
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Looks like a good ship.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    If you missed the zefilms vid ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MAH-BLV3p8
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Love it.. great job Cryptic!!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I have one request. That when you go into battle, heavy metal music plays. And a Holo Klingon Metal Band appears on the deck when the music plays.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    I was hoping the maw of grethor console would share a set with the chains of fire console from the S'torr warship... sadly out does not appear to be so. 😔

I was wondering about if this Fe'rang would be connected myself. Since I have the S'torr I'm a bit disappointed it isn't connected, but I know if I didn't have the S'torr I'd be disappointed if it was too.

This ship's visuals are very impressive. A job very well done to the designer(s) that participated in the Fe'rang's creation!!!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hmm so it can use S'kuls but doesn't unlock the ability to buy them?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2019

You also can't unlock Fer'Jai frigates on Feds when you get this ship on non-KDF toons. :(
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
    xungnguyen wrote: »

You also can't unlock Fer'Jai frigates on Feds when you get this ship on non-KDF toons. :(

Those sound like potential problems &/or oversights to hopefully be corrected.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

I don't know if the fighters are worth it, kinda disappointed it can't use the frigates...while not great they sure as heck are fun with all the tricobalt high jinks
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    I have one request. That when you go into battle, heavy metal music plays. And a Holo Klingon Metal Band appears on the deck when the music plays.

You have not heard heavy metal until you have heard it in the original klingon
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    If you missed the zefilms vid ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MAH-BLV3p8

That was an interesting music choice... instead of going the heavy metal route, it reminded me more of Pirates of the Carribean - which also seems very fitting.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    > @lianthelia said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I don't know if the fighters are worth it, kinda disappointed it can't use the frigates...while not great they sure as heck are fun with all the tricobalt high jinks

Do we know that you can't use the frigates on it for certain , even for KDF players? I mean given it's basically the T6 Feklri carrier, it'd be really unfortunate for KDF players if they can't finally use those frigates after waiting so long. It might be KDF only for the frigates, which might be why its not mentioned in the blog
    If it could've had 2 S'torr ships that would've been awesome! I think all the Cryptic personnel that were involved in the Fe'rang's creation did an excellent job & I don't even have it ... yet. That Jellyfish looks good too, but seeing it will be as close to it as I get so more kudos has to go towards the Fe'rang since that as made for all players in mind.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Wow.. as a carrier.. that is really solid. It might be the most monstrous event ship you guys have given away so far.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Did the Fe'rangi make this availible to us? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

That's because the Fer'Jai frigates are tied to the Karfi lionfish battle carrier. Like how the B'rel BoP pets are tied to the Vo'quv carriers. Even in 2019, a non-KDF wants something that is anchored to the KDF without offering of value something in return. ;)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

That's because the Fer'Jai frigates are tied to the Karfi lionfish battle carrier. Like how the B'rel BoP pets are tied to the Vo'quv carriers. Even in 2019, a non-KDF wants something that is anchored to the KDF without offering of value something in return. ;)

Considering i have the Kar'fi i would like it if it unlocked the Fer'jai frigates for the event ship.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    questerius wrote: »
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

Considering i have the Kar'fi i would like it if it unlocked the Fer'jai frigates for the event ship.

If you're on a KDF, Rom/KDF, or JH/KDF pylon, then yes. I could possibly see that happening once you activate the Kar'fi to unlock it, for that character. However, this would crash the salt market from players aligned with Team Blue. I'd activate it just to see that happen.

If on a Fed, Rom/Fed, JH/Fed, AoY/Fed, or DSC/Fed, then no. No Kar'fi, no Fer'jai. No Skuls for Blue-aligned side either.

It would be another miss if Cryptic decided to not create a set bonus for the consoles either. Considering that there's pretty much only one thing from the Fe'rang that can be used with the S'torr(the trait from the Fe'rang is completely worthless to the S'torr)...As I've mentioned in other threads, the Breen and Vorgon ships have linked synergies within their respective groups. Traits and consoles. But for the Fek'ihri ships? No nifty bridge, and the S'torr is left out in the cold, because it can't make use of the trait, and due to the 8th weapon slot, can't even use the Phlogiston fire cannon from the Maquis raider.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    Well, I set up my Fe'rang last night and leveled it up. I have to say it's pretty darn fun. The visuals are awesome if course. The lost souls fighter pets seem really powerful, perhaps because NPCs don't have much for fire resists.
    Overall, I'm really enjoying it.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
This discussion has been closed.