test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Fastest Game on Ice" doesn't always pay out daily!

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
"Fastest Game on Ice" doesn't always pay out daily token! Yesterday, daily token was available, I ran the race, won, turned it in, but didn't get the daily. :(
3lsZz0w.jpg

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Odd, I have gotten the daily token all the days. Is it due to you not having finished 20-hour cooldown on the event since they have not adjusted that? I have not had that problem.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Did you talk to the Breen again after finishing the race?
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Odd, I have gotten the daily token all the days. Is it due to you not having finished 20-hour cooldown on the event since they have not adjusted that? I have not had that problem.
    Did you talk to the Breen again after finishing the race?

OP said it the daily was available and ran the race and turned it in. If the cool down on the race wasn't up they wouldn't have been able to run the race. This seems to be a intermittent problem as I have had other events not award the daily such as Cones of Conduct and Klingon Ice Fishing.
    Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    The cooldown of the Mission is per from taking the mission.
    The cooldown of the daily token is by receiving the reward. So if you turn it faster as the time before, the cooldown of the daily token is not finished.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    skk1701j wrote: »
    The cooldown of the daily token is by receiving the reward. So if you turn it faster as the time before, the cooldown of the daily token is not finished.

This is probably what happened.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lordvextuslordvextus Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    "Fastest Game on Ice" doesn't always pay out daily token! Yesterday, daily token was available, I ran the race, won, turned it in, but didn't get the daily. :(

This happened to me as well.

If this is the case, then I can see how it would lead to problems since some players will assume that the timer that the Breen NPC has and the timer for the Event Token cooldown are synchronized. The thing is that you can only run the race when it's not on cooldown, so then if a player claims the reward for that race 5 hours later, they will be 5 hours behind on the Event Token the next time the Breen NPC is ready. If the player doesn't realise this, they could potentially keep missing an event token every 2 runs or so.
    edited December 2019
    lordvextus wrote: »

This happened to me as well.

If this is the case, then I can see how it would lead to problems since some players will assume that the timer that the Breen NPC has and the timer for the Event Token cooldown are synchronized. The thing is that you can only run the race when it's not on cooldown, so then if a player claims the reward for that race 5 hours later, they will be 5 hours behind on the Event Token the next time the Breen NPC is ready. If the player doesn't realise this, they could potentially keep missing an event token every 2 runs or so.

To me, it was a matter of maybe a few seconds, as I immediately took the race, the moment it became available. The day before that too, but likely a few seconds later. Having run the race in roughly the same amount of time, the daily cd would have trailed a few secs after that, because of it. So, now I will double-check to make sure the rewards specifically mentions 1 daily token.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    lordvextus wrote: »

I can't imagine a scenario in which someone would wait 5 hours to turn in the race and claim their daily (although I suppose it's possible). If you're running the race to complete your daily, the timers would only have a difference of minutes assuming you didn't pause in between getting the mission, running it, and turning it in (less than 3 minutes actually, even if you run the race at normal run speed). I would think most people check the event page timer and not go by whether the race is available. Even if you mistakenly go by the race timer, you would have to be standing at the official watching the timer to time out to hit that 3 minute overlap or have incredibly bad timing. In the case of the OP, unless they were mistaken about the daily being available, there's no scenario in which the daily and the race would be available and not award the daily unless it was a bug.

• neutralis424neutralis424 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    It works for me. It's on a 20 hour CD and you can only do it once when the CD expires.
    It works for me. It's on a 20 hour CD and you can only do it once when the CD expires.

I don't think you understand the issue. You can take the race on day X, finish it within the next 2 minutes, and hand it back in. At that point, the 'daily token' timer lags 2 minutes behind on the race cd timer. So, if you were to take the race again, the next day, but finish the race even faster this time, you can hit a situation where you hand in the race mission, just before the 'daily token' timer had expired yet. And that is what likely happened to me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    MIssions that have a cooldown, start their cooldown when the mission started, not when it ends.
    The Event cooldown starts when you receive progress for that day - when you handed in the mission.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    MIssions that have a cooldown, start their cooldown when the mission started, not when it ends.
    The Event cooldown starts when you receive progress for that day - when you handed in the mission.

Then what happened to me was a bug (because when I took the mission the next day, it was obviously not greyed out any more).
    3lsZz0w.jpg