test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Long wait to enter TFO after pressing ready

gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
I'm sometimes waiting over 5 minutes to be placed in a TFO -AFTER- pushing ready. this really needs to be addressed.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I've seen that too. I'm not sure how the system works, honestly, because it can kick you back into the queue if too many decline. I can only suspect it is trying to shuffle people around as weirdness happens.

The other day I ended up in a procyon 5 queue. Three of the original 5 quit during the countdown. It filled us back up with new players, thankfully, and I can only presume that had a knock on effect on other queues waiting to start.

That was one of the smoother and faster runs of Proc 5 I've done, despite the fools quitting.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,498 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    I'm sometimes waiting over 5 minutes to be placed in a TFO -AFTER- pushing ready. this really needs to be addressed.

Ready stage: everyone has up to a minute to respond.
    Someone fails to respond: Someone else gets added and they now have a minute to respond.

I've had waits of up to around a minute after the ready timer expires, but never five minutes. How many randoms a day do you grind?

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I've seen that too. I'm not sure how the system works, honestly, because it can kick you back into the queue if too many decline. I can only suspect it is trying to shuffle people around as weirdness happens.
    I would presume that it first removes the declined/non-responding players, then checks if there are still players left in the queue to start it with. If possible, it will ask people from the queue to replace the missing ones (who will of course have their own time to answer). And if there aren't enough players, put everyone back in the queue to wait for more.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    There is no possible way to address it. You are waiting for other players. The company cannot do anything about that whatsoever.

If I was why do I wait several times longer than the timeout period for pushing ready?

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,912 Arc User
    Because others don't push ready or they decline, forcing the system to tag new players.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Point being, the problem is other players, and Cryptic can't do jack about that.
    They could let us play the missions alone, but other than that, no.
    I didnt understand what you meant at first since other games queue systems often work a little differently. for instance in FFXIV if someone declines it gives you a message at least.. so you know it happened. it also displays the number of people who pushed ready by role (Role display would of course not be needed in STO)

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Overall, the que time is not that bad in STO compared to some other games (like ESO for instance).
    Overall, the que time is not that bad in STO compared to some other games (like ESO for instance).

It's not the time I have to wait usually its the fact I push ready then sit around for 5 minutes or more wondering it I'll get into the TFO or not. the game does not display a count of people who readied up anymore.

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    TFO's are dead. I stay away from them now.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    monodoso wrote: »
    TFO's are dead. I stay away from them now.
    >TFOs are dead
    I get put into randoms all the time.

Good for you
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Both random and normal TFOs are a little easier to get into than they were a year or so ago before they changed the finder and added the randoms. It can be annoying sometimes, sure, but it is still an improvement of sorts.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    No… no… it cannot be! PvE in this game is alive and well. The OP must be imagining it or simply doing it wrong. :D

Some sad joking for the everything is awesome STO forum crew aside, yea OP you are right. You look at the last snowflakes of a once great iceberg that melted away in over half a decade of bad decision making at the helm of Cryptic’s. Thanks to the RTFO system each and everything that is left over is mixed and matched and bam… still not enough. Within 5 minutes of this game there are no 4 other players around willing to play *anything*. Won’t take long till those “less than” 4 players wonder what they are doing, get annoyed in 10, 20 or 30 minutes of waiting and let it be alltogether.

Big highlight of this thread so far was the input that it’s on the players, not on cryptic. That Cryptic can’t do anything about it is nonsense. They could start with designing fun to play PvE to begin with or, if that’s out of their imagination or level of skill, stone PvE with fitting rewards. Lol, I mean we get one power tsunami after the other in form of perk points for “gaining salvage” or “scanning particles”. The willingness of players to tend even to the most tedious tasks is well documented. Lots could be done here.

Of course they won’t do anything. Sooner or later they cut PvE off like a dead limb as they did with PvP, exploration, foundry and the crafting system. And why should they even bother? For as long as the torso is still intact, I mean zen and lobi stores, everything is awesome! So get your Breen costume, fool around a bit in the wonderland or play one of the exciting new patrols perhaps.

I have not seen anything in quite a while that shows me that the game even intends to claim to fulfill bigger player expectations than that. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Oh I've long since moved on for when I want to play a game for PVE but STO has a niche for one simple reason- Star Trek. Sadly PWE will do only the bare minimum to keep the license and not a shred more.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The only problem is the lack of information, after you click ready there's zero feedback on the state of the team that's trying to be formed leaving the players who have clicked ready in limbo.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    I liked the past STF system where after you joined the TFO there was a timer that showed up with a countdown. Instead of a timer counting down for people to accept the TFO. This is missing in the current TFO system and should be re-implemented again. Instead of you having to wait in limbo and then magically whisked away to the TFO.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,210 Community Moderator
    Well, this thread took a left turn quickly. OP's "issue" has already been answered and explained by other users above. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.