test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DPS Drop in one of my characters

bluejacket2bluejacket2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Something strange happened last month. One of my toons all of a sudden started doing way less DPS than all my others. It is an engineer with the same cookie cutter skill tree, traits and boffs as the others but only that one toon is nerfed. I have been told it is a bug and I did send a Bug report in. Have any of you guys been having a similar issue?

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,463 Arc User
    Something strange happened last month. One of my toons all of a sudden started doing way less DPS than all my others. It is an engineer with the same cookie cutter skill tree, traits and boffs as the others but only that one toon is nerfed. I have been told it is a bug and I did send a Bug report in. Have any of you guys been having a similar issue?

Were your traits unslotted?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • bluejacket2bluejacket2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Were your traits unslotted?

Nope all the traits were slotted. All my skills were picked and all my doffs were in place. Support said it is some sort of bug.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    What kind of abilities you use and did you notice a drop in a specific ability or abilities or was it just an overall drop.

The more info you can give on what exactly is wrong the faster it'll be for Cryptic to fix it as the QA department can do a more focused searched in the code to find out what is wrong.

Though if all your character's are engineers with the exact same build, I wonder if it's a bugged racial trait that's the issue, do you have other character's with the same race/gender combo?
  • bluejacket2bluejacket2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    What kind of abilities you use and did you notice a drop in a specific ability or abilities or was it just an overall drop.

The more info you can give on what exactly is wrong the faster it'll be for Cryptic to fix it as the QA department can do a more focused searched in the code to find out what is wrong.

Though if all your character's are engineers with the exact same build, I wonder if it's a bugged racial trait that's the issue, do you have other character's with the same race/gender combo?

It was an overall damage drop. My Beams, Torpedoes and exotic damage. Everything on that toon got nerfed. My character is a human male and he is the only human toon I have.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

It was an overall damage drop. My Beams, Torpedoes and exotic damage. Everything on that toon got nerfed. My character is a human male and he is the only human toon I have.

Like I said it seems like a bug in the racial trait then, with it not working like intended, probably trait interaction as human base traits don't give anything that should effect space damage directly, just resist and passive hull regen. That the most logical thing that would effect only 1 toon and overall damage instead of something specific.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Also, make sure your doffs are all still slotted.
    3lsZz0w.jpg