test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Thanks!

I'm one day short, I think it was from that bug where the patrols didn't give progress. I'm too cheap to buy out the one day :)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Hopefully, if they do anything about borg ground combat they will so something to make the anti-borg weapons actually work against borg. As it is they seem useless, the only thing that really works is kinetic like the Thompson.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Hopefully, if they do anything about borg ground combat they will so something to make the anti-borg weapons actually work against borg. As it is they seem useless, the only thing that really works is kinetic like the Thompson.

Yes, if the [Borg] proc was 20-30% then they might be worth using and even leveling up.

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter

Yea this should hopefully include several of the Omega REP Gear as well be it from the Omega REP Store or Projects. <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They can't take out Defera unless they remove some Endeavors. Where would you be able to kill 60 Borg for the Hard Endeavor elsewise (in a reasonable amount of time)?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I can't say that I'm happy about its removal.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that they will I mean if they do, I got caught up on Azrael's comment.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I really like the Deferi. I even have created a Deferi crew and headcanon'd a Deferi space service with uniforms, ships and officials. If they remove Defera from the game I'll be sad.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    They can't take out Defera unless they remove some Endeavors. Where would you be able to kill 60 Borg for the Hard Endeavor elsewise (in a reasonable amount of time)?

Otha perhaps?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Didn't know of that. It is a PVEVP zone, so in Cryptic's mind probably not a viable choice for the player base.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

In any storyline mission where you have to board a Cube.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    In any storyline mission where you have to board a Cube.
    Or, well, ANY of the ground Borg TFOs. Seriously, if you get a Hard endeavor for killing captains, go play with Becky. SOOOO many Borg. And it has Elite Tactical Drones on advanced who count as captains.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Having loaded up tribble and gone to Defera I can confirm it will crash your game.

Hopefully this means they are doing something to make Defera not so..... awful.
    A place so awful that there's several channels in-game dedicated to forming teams for it.

Also one of the few places a player can familiarize themselves with how the borg behave and working as a team prior to hitting the advanced borg TFO's ;)

Not to say it's not in need of a little tweaking.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/e73gbi/tribble_maintenance_and_release_notes_120619/
    • Ground Borg will now adapt slower to weapons that have a lot of damage tics per firing cycle.
    Perhaps a good quality of life upgrade but doesn't necessarily follow how things work on the Star Trek TV shows. You only get so many shots before the borg adapt and you then have to remodulate your energy weapon. The idea was to pick weapons with less shots per firing cycle. This worked well in-game also.

Needless to say am very excited about a Borg Resurgence based FTFO experience and content remastering, provided what made the original content so unique doesn't get wrecked in the process.

"Kill x waves of Borg for x minutes or until they stop magically spawning cuz hidden timer" would be a major ugh. Big test for Cryptic here but my confidence is high they do it right :)

Thanks for posting related tidbits from reddit / Tribble.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Hopefully with all of that previous Cryptic chit-chat about taking-out components of STO for the betterment & health of the game leaving resources to improve other things Cryptic won't just remove without replacing with something better or just improve the current template.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    A place so awful that there's several channels in-game dedicated to forming teams for it.
    People willing to exploit the fact something is awful doesn't make it not awful. I mean, look at Infected Space, it is the definition of bad content, but people play it because its so bad it requires no effort and they can easily farm it for marks and dil.
    I play them just to have fun :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If you're good you can solo the med missions. It's honestly about as hard as playing an Advanced TFO. People team because you need teams to start the hard missions. Those do kinda need more than one person.. not sure if they actually need three, but more than one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Meanwhile, I'm personally curious if/what Borg patrols they'll do. There are a few Delta Quadrant ones that involve the Borg, but it's usually more to do with the Cooperative than the Collective. There's the Empire Defense patrols for KDF, but I don't see(or want) them touching that.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I'm going to try each one, but that's all. The weariness always wins during this kind of event. :p

+ I hope that the borg will be updated, I mean the AI, because curently they are just boring. For example, even if your shield is already at 0, they still try to suck it. The cubes (all of them) should be more powerful, and more dangerous, when they use their assimilation skill, the effect should be really efficient, not a stuff cleaned by tactical team.
This discussion has been closed.