test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hats and Hoods for Ferengi

sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
On DS9: Nagus, you see Zek wearing a hood, and in Take Me Out To the Holosuite, you see Nog, Rom and Quark wearing hats. Could you please add hats for Ferengi? I want to be able to wear the Holiday Hat from Q's Winter Wonderland.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I can get behind this. I'd like my Ferengi to be able to wear hoods.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They don't have hats for non-human head shapes, because they'd have to do separate models for each.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    But if the ferengi wears a hood no one will be able to see their lobes for business

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    If the ferengi clothes were already available in uniform for the ferengi captain and the ferengi boffs, that would be very cool.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    My funny Ferengi Golum-like char can IIRC wear that slee... erm holiday hat/knit though
    Maybe look for it elsewhere? (sorry, I don't remember the details)

Warning to those who chose to use helms/hats/hoods etc: it may "erase" your previous hair selection, if you had such, so once changed back to humanoid etc or other non hat/hood/helm settings, if your char had hair it would, I think, loss that hair. (can set again, but you need to remember color/hairstyle etc if you want the previous one back, or reload previous outfit or alternatively use other outfit slot ofc)

(edited just to clarify a bit and for a spelling issue)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I find it hard to want to keep a ferengi when I make one, they are just so ugly to me.
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @rndflactuation said:
    > My funny Ferengi Golum-like char can IIRC wear that slee... erm holiday hat/knit though
    > Maybe look for it elsewhere? (sorry, I don't remember the details)
    >
    > Warning to those who chose to use helms/hats/hoods etc: it may "erase" your previous hair selection, if you had such, so once changed back to humanoid etc or other non hat/hood/helm settings, if your char had hair it would, I think, loss that hair. (can set again, but you need to remember color/hairstyle etc if you want the previous one back, or reload previous outfit or alternatively use other outfit slot ofc)
    >
    > (edited just to clarify a bit and for a spelling issue)

Also (at least on console) depending on the costume slot you use, if you put a helmet on, the next costume slot beside it will lose all of your facial/head features and have to start again.
    It only happens if you start a new outfit in the next slot after an outfit with a helmet as the system looks to the previous outfit slot for the base features to start with, if there's a helmet if resets all facial/head features to base.
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @avoozuul said:
    > I find it hard to want to keep a ferengi when I make one, they are just so ugly to me.

I reveled in that. Gave him a garish outfit with bling, fancy gold glasses, a Ferengi marauder with the baseba vanity shield (caitian claws?) that gives black and gold look, and the four Ferengi holographic boffs for his away team...great fun. Oh, and of course all using energy whips except Leck who gets his knives.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Also (at least on console) depending on the costume slot you use, if you put a helmet on, the next costume slot beside it will lose all of your facial/head features and have to start again.
    It only happens if you start a new outfit in the next slot after an outfit with a helmet as the system looks to the previous outfit slot for the base features to start with, if there's a helmet if resets all facial/head features to base.

Thanks for your warning too, regarding the hair/hairstyle it's reasonable together with the "initial" discussed issue regarding hats etc, as it is used to create the new one in that case, and all hair related settings are allegedly non existent while hat/helmet/headwrap is chosen, and/or it's like mutually exclusive options in settings. (I didn't think about that though before you said it)

Don't have a clue though regarding facial feature though, maybe it's in head section and are affected by category of humanoid vs. hats/knits/helmets/headwraps etc.
This discussion has been closed.