test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TOS and TNG writer D.C. Fontana, dead at 80

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Ten Forward
David Gerrold just posted this to his Facebook account.
79352809_10218643093120857_7955089441549189120_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=vm342LMMUXoAQmi3Z8mEC3Hh7A7T9QDW5LQrJQ_d46SxLednKQRI33TRw&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=aa4f110273cfc2a84678adb0ef349786&oe=5E768C93

(Direct link if you can't see it, Firefox is misbehaving for me)
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/

Comments

• Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    I just herd about this from my GF.

Damn...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    That came out of nowhere.

RIP​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    May people remember her and her accomplishments for a long time, and never forgot what she meant to the world.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    neoblisseyxneoblisseyx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I'd like to think that my late mother is up there right now, chatting with D.C. Fontana, since she wrote my mother's favorite episode (Journey to Babel). Rest in peace, and thank you.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Well, TRIBBLE. Condolences to her family and friends. One of the better writers of the TOS era.

RIP.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    She will be missed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.