test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many "spare" days are there in this years Winter Event?

spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
First of this is an honest question, not another rant.

However seeing as I'm quite busy until the 20th of December I wanted to ask how many if days you can skip and still get the ship thru gameplay alone, I'm asking as due RL issues I might not have the time or energy to play everyday.

I'm just wondering if I can play normally or should I start hoarding Lobi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    If you can make the run every 20 hours, you can get it done in 17 days.
  • Options
    20 days required. 30 days scheduled. 10 spare days.

Thank you
  • Options
    renata666 wrote: »
    If you can make the run every 20 hours, you can get it done in 17 days.

That's not really an option atm, I got anywhere from 7 to 10 hours reserved for my studies and communte to them, so I don't exactly have that much spare time. Today (the 6th of December) is a special case as it's a national holiday here and my chrismas holiday doesn't start until the 20th.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    the thing is, there are more than the race to get it done. none of the tasks take more than 10-20 minutes (fishing) and some are very wuick, like the snowball fight. unless you are grinding 10 toons, it should not be that hard.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    the thing is, there are more than the race to get it done. none of the tasks take more than 10-20 minutes (fishing) and some are very wuick, like the snowball fight. unless you are grinding 10 toons, it should not be that hard.

But the race is, by far, the fastest way. If you don't goof, it's done in what, 1 to 2 minutes?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah, the race takes only a couple minutes at most. I run my familie's toons through it as well as mine and I'm done in less than half an hour, counting swapping accounts out.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I'm envious of people that have so little lag as to be able to reliably complete the PvE race. It's been iffy for me most years, even when things were fairly solid most of the year, but now in these lag-tasic times I've not even tried. Just fighting the Kramp'ihri I bounced back a few times and careened off-course once just trying to chase it down in whirlwind form, that would've been a walk back to the Breen to try again at least once had it been a PvE race attempt.
  • Options
    I haven't had much lag-rubberbanding since the WE started. Every now and then my toons start bouncing and I've found out it's my router being iffy and needing replacing. So when it starts I just go and reset it. Hopefully it will limp along until I can afford to replace it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I had some rubberbanding and had to restart the race once, but even then ut is still the fastest way. Unless you are one of those players that simply cannot physically do the race, a few people claim it's impossible for them since it was added to the game. But luckily now those people can do other tasks.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    Yeah, a couple of times lag/rubberbanding made me have to restart. But only once, so it is the fastest way for me.

I once wouldn't even try the race and lost out on some ships that way. Then I actually tried after reading some tips and tricks and I haven't looked back since.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.