test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen Adaptation Suits - too expensive?

inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
210 Lobi seems reasonable since there's multiple outfits in the box & other Lobi outfits are 140.

However, the 90/60 prices in the Winter event store are just ridiculous.
Other outfits are 10/8 and given the ratio of prices in the Lobi store, would suggest 15/12 should be the price.
15/12 seems rather low though and 30/20 might be more appropriate.

This is all based on the fact that these are a character unlock.
If it was an account-wide unlock, then 90/60 would be far more acceptable.
- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/

Comments

• iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    It's only character unlock?!?! F that. I'll spend the ornaments somewhere else... was totally grinding for it until I read that.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The price is fair.. the costume is fantastic.

The ornaments aren't terribly expensive on the exchange and the price is dropping every day (always more expensive right at the start.) I normally don't do WW stuff other then the event for the ship so I had zero of everything. I did some doffing day 1 with 10 characters and spent a few million on the exchange and I have the set on 3 characters. Just from the Doffing alone, I'll have several more sets by the time the event ends.

It looks expensive at first, but it's really not. There are tons of ways to acquire the items and man.. trust me.. it's worth it. The Breen set looks SOOOOO good..

Don't let it pass you by, it's worth it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I personally think it is a steep but reasonable price for something that will then be put it in the Lobi Store when the Winter Event is over.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I personally think it is a steep but reasonable price for something that will then be put it in the Lobi Store when the Winter Event is over.
    It's already in the Lobi store.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    It's already in the Lobi store.

Did not know that. Thanks for the information.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I think the Breen Outfit cost is likely very reasonable given the Lobi cost.
    0zxlclk.png
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    The ornament cost, I have no issue with. And as much as I wish it were an account wide unlock, I understand that as well. What I do have an issue with is the fact that the box is account bound. I would gather that the Lobi version will not be account bound and can be sold on the exchange.

I would farm day and night to gather enough for not just my current alts, but any future ones I would make up to the character cap. And then go even further to get more to get a few extras to put up on the exchange.

But, that's not how they decided to have this play out. Which simply means I log in long enough to do the daily to make progress towards the event ship, get the holiday DOff missions going, then log out until tomorrow.

Anyway, here's hoping everyone has had a great holiday season so far and that it gets better as we get closer to the new year.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    So this is only wearable on the primary character not the boffs?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    arliekkos wrote: »
    So this is only wearable on the primary character not the boffs?

It's wearable on your captain and all bridge officers. I even got it to work on 2 Photonic BoFF's. :smile:

The only ones it doesn't work on are ones like Nelin Exil or the DSC Andriod BoFF because they don't allow any modification.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Excellent! Thank you very much. :)