test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Event Announcement is up

13»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    And just like that.. they suck the air out of the room.

According to this reddit thread, the Breen costumes are Off Duty.. so they cannot be worn by Bridge Officers.

This leads to the obvious question..

Why in the name of all that's holy is there still a stupid 'off duty' category? Does this exist for any reason other then completely ruining anything fun?

Very disappointing. :disappointed:
    That has always been the only reason it existed. It makes no real sense. It is especially bad for KDF/Roms who arguably don't have proper uniforms for KDF (We know the Orion uniforms which the KDF doesn't care about) and Romulans which are an ad hoc military at best with former colonists captaining ships.
    KDF has a weird assortment of species specific costumes. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    And just like that.. they suck the air out of the room.

According to this reddit thread, the Breen costumes are Off Duty.. so they cannot be worn by Bridge Officers.

This leads to the obvious question..

Why in the name of all that's holy is there still a stupid 'off duty' category? Does this exist for any reason other then completely ruining anything fun?

Very disappointing. :disappointed:

Oh that is realy sad. I so wanted to make more boffs that look breen. The text you linked reads like that a final word on it has not been spoken yet so lets cross fingers. :)
    In fact, it seems it is wrong that they are only Off-Duty. Apparently they are in both Uniform and Off-Duty category.

Relevant settings to see them according to reddit:
    You need to have lower setting to "uniform - pants tight" or they dont' all show up. The same for the top, it needs to be "tight", and the head setting needs to be "helmets and wraps"
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, the Breen that supervises the Pie Contest definitely shows that the Uniform is in the Tight Category. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Cryptic simply doesn't want hordes of horny teenagers walking about ESD in nothing but a bikini. :) 'Off-duty' is just their way of saying 'take it to private.'
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Cryptic simply doesn't want hordes of horny teenagers walking about ESD in nothing but a bikini. :) 'Off-duty' is just their way of saying 'take it to private.'
    <yawn>

You can walk about ESD in "off-duty" all day.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    meimeitoo wrote: »

As mentioned, Off Duty can already be worn anywhere. And includes several of the Risa two-piece swimwear tops (Criss-cross, Sling bikini, Retro...)
    And in the Uniform category, you've got Orions in bikinis, Mirror crop-tops & shorts, miniskirts, 7of9 Catsuits, and a variety of other things.
    If someone wants to walk around ESD/in missions/etc in something "sexy", they already can. The variety of odd restrictions (including the various 'special' categories) just make things annoying for people trying to be creative with their PCs and BOFFs.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    Actually a Reddit thread where a dev posted in shows that the Breen suits are not off-duty at all.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Yes but it's still under the off-duty category.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The important question is "can boffs wear it?" and the answer is yes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Got the Breen costume today and decked out my entire away team...

AMAZING!

Seriously, this to me is the 'grand prize' of the winter event.. I am just absolutely thrilled with the Breen Costume. I'll be happy to have the ship.. don't get me wrong.. but man.. the Breen Costume is just fantastic.

Don't let this one pass you by guys.. get out there and get it, it really does look great!!

Big thanks to the Devs for this one.. they seriously killed it with this years Winter Event. I have nothing but good things to say about this year.

Bravo!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • names2long#2415 names2long Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Is anyone else having trouble with the reputation event selection? After talking to Q for the first time and getting introduced to things (first year playing this game), I was prompted to go to my skills area, select reputation and then select an empty box in the event category. There's even tutorial pop-ups pointing me in the right direction once I went to it. Unfortunately, I can't select any of the empty boxes that are in the event category. The tutorial pop-ups are saying I'm on step 1 of 4, but the option to actually select an empty box is disabled (the boxes are all greyed out). I can do other reputation stuff just fine (I'm at level 65). Any help on how to actually select something and get to step 2 of 4 in the tutorial would be welcomed.

Also, how do you sign up for the fastest game on ice? I walked all over the map yesterday and couldn't find any NPCs that were associated with it. Thank you for any help you can give on this.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Is anyone else having trouble with the reputation event selection? After talking to Q for the first time and getting introduced to things (first year playing this game), I was prompted to go to my skills area, select reputation and then select an empty box in the event category. There's even tutorial pop-ups pointing me in the right direction once I went to it. Unfortunately, I can't select any of the empty boxes that are in the event category. The tutorial pop-ups are saying I'm on step 1 of 4, but the option to actually select an empty box is disabled (the boxes are all greyed out). I can do other reputation stuff just fine (I'm at level 65). Any help on how to actually select something and get to step 2 of 4 in the tutorial would be welcomed.

Also, how do you sign up for the fastest game on ice? I walked all over the map yesterday and couldn't find any NPCs that were associated with it. Thank you for any help you can give on this.

Q's tutorial has not been updated, the Winter Event is in the new Events tab in the Mission Journal. Also, to sign up for the Fastest Game on Ice there is a Breen Racing Coordinator in the Frozen Gazebo who you need to talk to and accept his mission. Then, you need to go down a path to the Breen Race Official, you will get an interact button that says Start The Race or something like that and you need to press that button when it shows. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    @names2long#2415 As stated above, that tutorial is out of date as Events were updated this year. The Mission Journal now has an Events tab to automatically track Event progress.

If you want to participate in "Fastest Game on Ice," after you beam in to Winter Wonderland, turn around. The Breen NPC should be behind you. After accepting the mission from him, go left out of the gazebo, down the steps, and towards another Breen NPC on your left just past the bridge. He's the Race Official to start the race. You'll be transported to the track automatically where you'll start the race. Good luck!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • names2long#2415 names2long Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Thanks everyone! I got a bit confused with the fastest game/race, because it seems like it is called both a "game" and a "race" depending on where you look, and I was thinking they were two different things. Thanks again for the help! I really appreciate it! Excited to hopefully get a T6 ship :)
This discussion has been closed.