What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Experience with Star Trek Online

jonleo#5607 jonleo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
("I quit" rant moderated out. - BMR)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jonleo#5607 jonleo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So once again, support misinformed me due to a lack of product knowledge.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This will not end well.

https://youtu.be/vtSmfws0_To
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jonleo#5607 jonleo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So once again, support misinformed me due to a lack of product knowledge.
    While I am in no way defending how support treated you, and believe you have every reason to be upset, support for STO, like most other games, especially MMOs, is operated by an entirely different group of people then those that actually make the game. In this case, its run by Perfect World, the publisher, not Cryptic Studios, the developer. Perfect World support covers not just STO, but all of Perfect World's games, and only deals with account based issues.

Asking them things like if an bridge officer is an android or not, or where to get more Jem'Hadar bridge officers, or sending them bug reports, is pointless because they have no impact or involvement in those things. They only deal with things like Ze transfers, or character deletions, or thing like that.

While I see your point, there is no other avenue to which a player can pose those questions. I still haven't gotten a response from Facebook or Twitter. PR doesn't see customers as important enough to speak with. And until recently (The 3rd), I wasn't able to post on the forums. So that leaves me 1 and only 1 place to pose a question. Support. So if there's no other place for a new user to get that information, shouldn't they have that information? If they're covering All of the games, shouldn't product knowledge be necessary? Especially when EVERY other department says they are the only place that deals with Customers? And if they are the only ones who deal with customers, shouldn't this be something they have the ability to deal with? Or is the company just not allowing any means through which a customer can deal with this isssue? And if that's the case, that's really a dishonest business practice.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    ...So if there's no other place for a new user to get that information...

Actually, console or PC, either one most information is on the wiki.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

You should give it a look.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Demanding a refund on a lifetime subscription if you got a refund I am very surprised as that is a non refundable purchase
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    OP, I'm sorry for your experience, but "I quit" threads are not allowed in the forum. Posting and quoting private correspondence is also not allowed. New forum accounts are not allowed to post to prevent spamming, but it doesn't prevent one from searching the forum for answers. Now that you can post, though, you can ask for assistance and report bugs you've experienced just be mindful of the forum rules. Myself or any other forum member will be happy to assist you. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.