test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Latest Build Feedback Welcome

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Ok, well.. there is good news..

Your build is not awful.. it just needs some tweaking. A few of your traits and skills are not doing much for you, but should be an easy fix.

I noticed you have Aux2Bat as one of your bridge officer powers, so I am assuming you're going for an Aux2Bat Build. If that's the case, you should have 2 copies equipped to keep it at the global cooldown. I'll also assume you are using the required 3 Technicians to make sure you're getting the cooldown. Without those, Aux2Bat doesn't work.

Aux2Bat, when working properly should keep you at global cooldown making things like your Bio-Neural Gel Packs and your Reciprocity trait largely useless.

I have put together a new build based on your video and you can find it here.

I have left your gear mostly the same since you're definitely on the right track there. Here is a recap of those changes.

1. Removed Bio-Neural Gel Packs. This is an Aux2Bat build and this console won't help much in this setup. I replaced it with the Crystaline Absorbtion Matrix that you can get from the Phoenix Box, it's either a VR or a Rare token, so it's super easy to get. AP boosting consoles are in short supply, so I would pick it up.

That's pretty much it there.. you're on the right track gear wise.

Personal Traits: Ground
    What you have isn't bad, I just built this on the tactical template I use. There are some ideas there for traits you can swap into your ground build if you wish, just for ideas.. this isn't vital. If you like one of the listed traits and it's cheap.. go for it.

Personal Traits: Space
    Some of the ones you were using are less then optimal. I put a suggested list of personal space traits in the build, most can be found either on the exchange or are traits that are free.

Starship Traits:

This is where I wasn't sure what to do. Your starship traits need work, but I don't know what ships you have access to.

One of the best traits for any Aux2Bat build is Cold Hearted. This trait was only available for a limited time from the T6 Breen Raider. If you have this trait, slot it immediately.

The next recommended Trait is Emergency Weapon Cycle. This is absolutely one of the top DPS traits in the game, it comes from the T6 Battlecruisers (Arbiter/Kurak/Morrigu.) If you don't have this trait, this would be a good use of the free T6 ship coupon, it's basically a 'must have.'

The next trait that's amazing for Cannon builds is Withering Barrage. This is another one to consider using the free T6 coupon for if you don't have it.

Improved Critical Systesms is a free trait.. and a good one. Use it.

I filled in a 6th trait with the Frontal Assault trait from the Manasa. It's not a must have trait, but it's not bad. It's a descent placeholder while you acquire better traits. Supremacy is also a good option here since you have it already, though in an aux2bat build it's impact is minimal. You also already have Standoff which is a pretty good trait as well.

Bridge Officer Powers:

This is where I made the bulk of the changes.

I changed it so you had 2 copies of Aux2Bat.. if you are unsure how an A2B build works, please let me know and I'll explain this part.

You had 3 Emergency Powers equipped, they all share a cooldown so there is no point in having more then 2. I swapped one out for Reverse Shield Polarity. This is a great survival ability, it's best used with a Green quality or better Fabrication Engineer which I also slotted in the Duty Officers section.

For the Science Slot, I put two abilities for heal/cleanse but you can feel free to swap either out for Override Subsystem Safties if you need a bit more punch.

Focused Assault in the Tactical is just.. ok, it's mostly a filler because something has to go there.

Anyway, that's my suggestion.. if you have questions please let me know. I tried to fill out everything in that template so it should be pretty complete.

Hope it helps.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
    If you need anymore informaion on traits.. feel free to check out the guide from the DPS League. It's a pretty extensive list of some of the best traits currently available.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Oh man Sea, you are really the best. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Oh man Sea, you are really the best. B)

Just passing on what I have been fortunate enough to learn from others.. yourself included.

But thank you. :smile:
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I'd say Sea gave some really good advice. I'll offer up some alternative ship traits, though, in case you don't have some or have others.

Emergency Weapon Cycle is great, and what you should shoot for, but if you don't have it Calm Before the Storm is an alternative, if you happen to have the Ghemor class Cardassian flight deck cruiser. There is also Pride of Mol'Rihan from the Kholhr which has better uptime than CBtS but only 10% haste. If you have neither, just get the Romulan Morrigu for EWC (that way you can use it for any characters you have.)

Withering barrage is definitely a good trait and it has no real alternatives. You'll want to pick up the Romulan Malem, again so all your characters have access to it too. If you don't have it then you'll just have to pick some other trait.

Standoff is a fine trait, however in my experience, I don't find myself able to handle always fighting something's forward arc, nor their rear arc for a flanking ship so I don't think it is that reliable. Another one to look at is Improved Unconventional Tactics which you can eventually unlock with a Jem'Hadar recruit if you've made one.

Improved critical systems works well with cycling emergency power to x abilities, but the improved version you can only have if you did the temporal recruitment event. A couple alternatives:

One alternative is Strike from Shadows from the M'chla, which in practice I find to be almost always up and gives 5% crit chance vs 2 or 3 for CS/ICS.

Another alternative is History Will Remember from the Vor'ral, which may be difficult to build up and you lose all stacks if you die, however increasing your max hull will help out Tyler's duality trait to increase your crit chance a bit, along with your damage output from the trait itself.
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I LOVE YOU SEA. Also Im trying get focused assault but I cant find it anywhere can anyone help me on that thanks.
    Post edited by daimon97 on
    daimon97 wrote: »
    I LOVE YOU SEA. Also Im trying get focused assault but I cant find it anywhere can anyone help me on that thanks

Focused Assault is a mission reward from the mission 'Butterfly.' :smile:
    I LOVE YOU SEA. Also Im trying get focused assault but I cant find it anywhere can anyone help me on that thanks

Thanks do you think I should ditch the assimilated module for tachyokinetic converter?

Thanks do you think I should ditch the assimilated module for tachyokinetic converter?

If it's a choice between those two, yeah.. I would go with the Converter. For this build, I would use the Converter instead of Assault Mode Relays.. the constant buff is better to have then the 'clicky' with a long cooldown.

If it's a choice between those two, yeah.. I would go with the Converter. For this build, I would use the Converter instead of Assault Mode Relays.. the constant buff is better to have then the 'clicky' with a long cooldown.

I guess Ill just ditch the assault relays and use the converter and the assimilated module

I guess Ill just ditch the assault relays and use the converter and the assimilated module

That is just what I personally would do.. if you like the Assault Relays, then by all means use it. It's not bad, I am just talking about if you want to maximize. Feel free to throw in any changes that fit your personal preference, there are many ways to build a ship. :smile: