test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

suggestions for the winter event 2020

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
- something like the sandcastle stuff on Risa, but with snowmen. there is no more snow where I live, and I would like to make snowmen (thx to the global warming) :p
- a terrain park to use at their full potential the frosted boots : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrain_park (no rewards, just for the fun :p)
- I don't know if this is possible, but that would be cool, if snowfalls were added to the map, currently the map is not very welcoming, Christmas trees would be a great addition too.
- addition of a new "mission" , personally i don't do the races, they are just boring, something else more funny would be awesome.

edit: in fact there are snowfalls, but almost invisible, snowflakes should be more visible and big.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Time travelling Breen from the future sneak into Q's Winter Festival demanding to be compensated for all their ships Q has given away.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Festive ship vanity shields, maybe one with tartan/plaid. I've tried suggesting it for a few years now.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    This years is so disappointing for both winter/summer events. We do need to delete the old ones that people don't want and start doing new ones.
    Ice skating sounds fine for what about other winter sports like skiing or at least give people the ability to use skis similar to using floaters in Risa. normal-2.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    This years is so disappointing for both winter/summer events. We do need to delete the old ones that people don't want and start doing new ones.
    Ice skating sounds fine for what about other winter sports like skiing or at least give people the ability to use skis similar to using floaters in Risa. normal-2.gif​​

What if I want them all to stay or to be combined in some form? That is what you want, do not know if it is what the Winter Event needs though or what other people want.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    • Revamp the competitive race to be a sled race (on Q thrones)
    • Give Q somewhere to sit (ice throne! Lore for the sled race: we're finding a use for outdated spares)
    • Add one more mini-activity to the gingerbread area (still feels underutilized). Ex. making gingerbread houses (mechanics from Risa's sandcastles) to provide habitat (in lore) for tiny gingerbread tardigrades
    • Allow an optional away team of 1 Boff (it's the holidays! Let us bring the family)
    • Add a mini transporter (Nimbus style) between gingerbread area and Q's pavilion
    • New pet: Lt. Tardigrade with a Santa hat
    • New non-combat activity: compile a wish list for all the adoption agency baby tardigrades, determine "naughty/nice" status in a report to Q
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    a weapon pack of ap and tricobalt with a fire proc.
    a weapon pack of polaron and Transphasic with a cold proc.
    a advanced/set version of the above.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    nightken wrote: »

Has nothing to do with Winter though except the second one but only loosely.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Has nothing to do with Winter though except the second one but only loosely.

the first is the Fek'Ihri weapon types, since thats whose ships we're getting now, makes sense to get thenm though the winter event
    the second is breen weapon types. I trust I don't have to explain why that goes with the winter event.
    the third is more of the above.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I've long wished the timed Ice Race against other players had long been converted to using Ice Boot's and allow skating, jumping, and it be nice to add a few Terrain Park elements but wouldn't have to. I was always surprised since this run takes place on Ice that starts at the top of a hill, you couldn't use your Ice Boots, or they allowed you to use a Luge or Skeleton. At the Bottom they could have you fall into a pit of warm water, where your required to climb out of and skate the rest of the way. With a few new obstacles like Snowconians or Snowborg shooting Snow or Candies or even Scented Gas that distract or slow you down.

I'd also love to see a second type of Ice Boots one that allows Skates, and perhaps another that allows Cross Country Skies.

I really wish they would allow or revamp the two Ice Races to allow you to use the Ice Skates during the race. It also be nice if you could Cross Country Ski on snowy surfaces to move around a bit faster at least on flat or downhill surfaces.

I once posted an idea like that 2-3 years earlier however and never really seen much done. I mean the Gingerbread Village was the most recent update we've had or change and that was years ago now. I'd love to see an update to Winter/Summer with some new missions, tasks, or whatever.
    0zxlclk.png
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    How about Curling? not only would it be fun, but it would be a challenge for the Devs to code
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    edited December 2019
    Yea I forget about the Ice Fishing... Ice Fishing:*

Still much of the comments and suggestions are still valid, I'd just really love to see a Skate, Skeleton, or Luge style course or even a Terrain Park style event! It wouldn't even require changing the existing map, as they could create a course on Andoria or the Klingon Penal Colony, sort of another TFO like the mini gingerbread globe at the table.
    0zxlclk.png
    edited December 2019
    I'd love a new event however... ...particularly that use the Ice Boots!

There enough of the snow fighting games. <3

NOTE: This isn't a double post, only appears after my post above, because a Moderator combined this thread, with a nixie50 post. B)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    more hats and also snow boots.

If an other "mission" added one day, please don't make an other fight mission. After a moment, all these fights become really annoying.
  • - something like the sandcastle stuff on Risa, but with snowmen. there is no more snow where I live, and I would like to make snowmen (thx to the global warming) :pensive:

seriously?

https://youtu.be/0dDOvEtCXh4

qaAuoh7.gif
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    more hats and also snow boots.
    honestly something I'd prefer over those would be proper winter gloves, be they padded gloves with fingers or just mittens. 3 degree celsius is about the coldest I'm willing to go without gloves IRL if I got a choice and I'm a finn so I'm used to the cold climate (at least relative to California), so I wonder why my character has to go gloveless in sub-zone tempetures or with gloves that are so thin they're not really suited for the climate only exception atm is the DSC rep uniform gloves being avaible with winter gear or use a EV suit (or armor that should be an EV suit but isn't for some reason like the MACO armor).
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    a deflector that puts a rudolph red nose on your ship
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    I'd like to see not only a ski jump, but an expanded map with cross-country skiing, snow-mobile races and tracks, the luge as was brought up above, building your own snow-man to help in the snow-ball fights, etc. Maybe add in sleds and a sledding hill.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    How about some Christmas decorations on Risa and Christmas swimsuits since not everyone celebrates it in freezing cold conditions.
    i like very much the enviro-jacket; next year could you add in the store an enviro-jacket short, like the winter-jacket. thx
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Vanity shield with christmas blinking lights!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    We've wanted downhill skiing for so many years now. I fear it's just too difficult. A snowboard park for the pvp race might be easier. They could simply modify the current course with more obstacles and have the boots convert to snowboard effect instead of skate effect. We don't see the skates as it is and wouldn't necessarily need to actually see the snowboard.

I would like to see them eliminate the cones event but keep the gingerbread village and use it for something else. Snowman and sculpture making might work.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We've wanted downhill skiing for so many years now. I fear it's just too difficult. A snowboard park for the pvp race might be easier. They could simply modify the current course with more obstacles and have the boots convert to snowboard effect instead of skate effect. We don't see the skates as it is and wouldn't necessarily need to actually see the snowboard.

I would like to see them eliminate the cones event but keep the gingerbread village and use it for something else. Snowman and sculpture making might work.
    Or a bobsled race?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

yes, that would be cool. cones of conduit is the worse mission, most of the time, there aren't enough players, and most of the players don't know what to do, + it is really boring. I would prefer 2 short missions instead of this long mission.

snowman sculpture would be awesome.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

yes, that would be cool. cones of conduit is the worse mission, most of the time, there aren't enough players, and most of the players don't know what to do, + it is really boring. I would prefer 2 short missions instead of this long mission.

snowman sculpture would be awesome.
    Even on failure cones often gives more trinkets than a successful run of snowman hunter.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    well christmas is celebrated all over the world, not only in christian countries; in my family we are all atheist and we celebrate christmas (christmas trees etc) without the religious stuff.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Aenar carrier and a ground race where we can use mech's, i will not sue you if you use my ideas^^
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

Only thing I'd say should be different is the tricobalt, for two reasons. First is that tricobalt weapons suck in general and second is all Fek ships use chroniton, only some use tricobalt...so I'd say the Fek torp should be chroniton!
This discussion has been closed.