Phoenix Prize Pack is changing on PC

sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User

The happiest news I have heard so far!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Wow...Wonderful news!​​
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Meh, I got the only thing I wanted from there on the first run.
  • ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    So does this mean that new ships will not be added now that there's not as much exclusivity to it?

Or is this a dil sink to help the market out?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    ccs46 wrote: »
    So does this mean that new ships will not be added now that there's not as much exclusivity to it?

Probably both.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Holy TRIBBLE this is fantastic!!!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Holy TRIBBLE this is fantastic!!!

indeed, best news of the year :)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Nice!

A sad day for some crafters though, no more income from selling tech upgrades in between pack weeks.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Will the changes have a better impact on the dilex or not?
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Will the changes have a better impact on the dilex or not?

Maybe?

No more downward spikes, but a lesser, steady pull downward.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    I liked claiming one free pack per day of the Phoenix Box Event. Do not like that that is being taken away. Unless that is being taken away temporarily because the Phoenix Box Event is done for now as it is usually done. The announcement is not very clear to me. Clarification is needed. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    edited December 2019
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I liked claiming one free pack per day of the Phoenix Box Event. Do not like that that is being taken away. Unless that is being taken away temporarily because the Phoenix Box Event is done for now as it is usually done. The announcement is not very clear to me. Clarification is needed. Thanks. :)

Nope, that free 4,000 dil login bonus is probably gone forever.

Which will help the dillex too since now you'll need to spend that 4,000 dil to get the pack instead.

On the other hand you can now get a 10-pack whenever you need to upgrade some gear, instead of needing to either hoard them or use much less efficient Superior upgrades instead.

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Nope, that free 4,000 dil login bonus is probably gone forever.

Which will help the dillex too since now you'll need to spend that 4,000 dil to get the pack instead.

On the other hand you can now get a 10-pack whenever you need to upgrade some gear, instead of needing to either hoard them or use much less efficient Superior upgrades instead.

Rats pajamas!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I already had several tech upgrades collecting dust withe the last few Phoenix events. But now, I’ll likely never use them at all. Anyway, this is great.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    It'll be great not having to hoard and getting more phoenix boxes as I can earn them between upgrade weekends.
    Nice.
    Now give us a new fleet holding and make dil payouts in fleet holdings slightly better and lets see that dil-ex tank.
    A fleet holding that generates dilithium? That would be great at well. An excellent suggestion.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    #NoMoreFleetHoldings
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    A fleet holding that generates dilithium?
    Uhhh no? where did you get that idea?

The point of a new fleet holding is so suck diltihum out of the system, and making the dil->fleet mark payout better incentivizes more people to drop dil into the system.
    From the part of your previous post you didn't include in your quote.

My misunderstanding that it was the dil->fleet mark payout you meant and not dil payout.

I heartily endorse the concept but hope the Phoenix box change also has a positive effect on the dilex. If nothing else it's at
    least convenient in many ways.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    protoneous wrote: »
    A fleet holding that generates dilithium?
    Uhhh no? where did you get that idea?

The point of a new fleet holding is so suck diltihum out of the system, and making the dil->fleet mark payout better incentivizes more people to drop dil into the system.

Unfortunately, that would only create an imbalance of fleet credits. So nerfs for payouts on fleet marks and a bunch of other stuff would have to happen. I don't think they'll ever buff fleet credit payouts for dil because of this. The payout system for fleet credits is already pretty well balanced.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Nice!

A sad day for some crafters though, no more income from selling tech upgrades in between pack weeks.

Yeah, I'll take a bit of a hit there.. but hopefully it will effect the Dil exchange enough to offset that potential loss.

Time will tell, but there are always other ways to make EC. I'll take the hit for the convenience of having these kits constantly available.. to me that's a good trade off. :smile:
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    ccs46 wrote: »

Probably both.

I suspect new Event ships will continue to be added as the events are over.
    0zxlclk.png
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It's a welcome change, but it will ruin yet another market. Why still keep crafting materials and salvaged tech around? They will be worthless in a couple of months. The whole crafting system is so underwhelming, they should either add something substantial to every school or get rid of it alltogether.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    yea salvaged tech is completly useless now. we have absolutly no reason to play elite anymore, you dont get anything special and slightly useful there anymore.

in addition, it makes all other upgrade techs useless. would be good to just remove them because they are not needed anymore and actually a noob trap now.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    This will really work well, if they regularly keep adding items to the Phoenix Pack. Or they add an option to convert a mass of lower tier tokens to higher tier. Because at some point, the gear will hit Mk 15 gold, on mains and additional pylons. Considering how abominable the Epic and Ultra Rare token droprates are.

Perhaps pull some of the bloat from the Infinity Lockbox and stuff it into the Phoenix Pack. Or stick the old and retired T5-U lockbox and lobi ships into there. Maybe those dilithium store outfits that only a few people are dumb enough to purchase.

I'm not going to start war-cry whooping for joy at the phoenix pack news unless there's a sizable downward and sustained spike in the dilithium exchange, or there are more meaningful tweaks on the way.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Nice but! I can see the Phoenix packs no longer having any affect on the dilex. They have already in the past couple of runs not impacted the dilex that well.

Oh well saves having to grind for mats/ec and dil to make upgrade techs and use them.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    pretty sure that effect will die. It works well when its an event because players clamor for it.

Dessert has an effect on a child if they get it as a reward, but if they are always due it, it becomes less of an investment as time goes on to the point it becomes underwhelming.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited December 2019

Not a prob for me, just another 20 minutes of boredom I can cut off of my STO experience each day. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated

Not a prob for me, just another 20 minutes of boredom I can cut off of my STO experience each day. :)

Same here, I was actually getting sick of crafting kits anyway, I'm not really all that worried about it. :smile:
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Squirt gun vs forest fire.

Unless they're actually going to give the drop rate a bump there's going to be an initial flurry on the dilex then little to no movement until the next upgrade weekend which won't be til the new year sometime. Assuming of course those don't become more regular in another panic move.

On both f2p and LTS accounts all the freebies from grym were green tokens, not even a single blue. That confirms that I won't be wasting my dil on these until such a time that I'm hitting the cap on both refined and raw.
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Squirt gun vs forest fire.

Unless they're actually going to give the drop rate a bump there's going to be an initial flurry on the dilex then little to no movement until the next upgrade weekend which won't be til the new year sometime. Assuming of course those don't become more regular in another panic move.

On both f2p and LTS accounts all the freebies from grym were green tokens, not even a single blue. That confirms that I won't be wasting my dil on these until such a time that I'm hitting the cap on both refined and raw.

yea, seems like a very very terrible idea.

because you know, an upgrade worth of 4300 dil for 4000 dil is defnitly a totaly TRIBBLE up choice. so feel free to pay more dil, might help a bit with too much dil available ;)
This discussion has been closed.