test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need a Sing Core

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
So for my romulan toon, I am running with the rep reman ship set romulan rep and borg weapons set.

Is there a good sing core that would work well with any of these, either a stand alone or a different set that would boost plasma damage?

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am not aware of any cores that give a boost to Plasma Damage.

Personally, I use the Thoron Infused core from the Fleet Spire. I like it because it reduces weapon power cost by 15% which is helpful for Romulans, it also gives you resistance to subsystem power drain.

Ultimately, the core is going to be a matter of opinion. As far as I know there is no established 'best' or any one that's the 'meta,' though I know the Elite Fleet Thoron Infused are popular. I like the one with AMP, W->S and OLoad myself.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2019
    I'd strongly consider one of these:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Singularity_Cores

If you're in a Fleet consider and review those at the Dilithium Mines, Fleet Sphire, or perhaps the Colony. The ones at the Sphire many find quite popular as they reduce power consumption of weapons (boosting power levels) and also greatly improve power transfer rates.

Mostly consider the Elite Singularity if you can afford it; it's also nice they come at Ultra quality.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I am not aware of any cores that give a boost to Plasma Damage.

Personally, I use the Thoron Infused core from the Fleet Spire. I like it because it reduces weapon power cost by 15% which is helpful for Romulans, it also gives you resistance to subsystem power drain.

Ultimately, the core is going to be a matter of opinion. As far as I know there is no established 'best' or any one that's the 'meta,' though I know the Elite Fleet Thoron Infused are popular. I like the one with AMP, W->S and OLoad myself.
    strathkin wrote: »
    I'd strongly consider one of these:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Singularity_Cores

If you're in a Fleet consider and review those at the Dilithium Mines, Fleet Sphire, or perhaps the Colony. The ones at the Sphire many find quite popular as they reduce power consumption of weapons (boosting power levels) and also greatly improve power transfer rates.

Mostly consider the Elite Singularity if you can afford it; it's also nice they come at Ultra quality.

Good suggestions.
  • Options
    spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    indeed great ideas, thank you all very much