test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Event Announcement is up

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    This looks great.. seriously well done all around.

What I like about it is that they're offering alternative ways to get the ship, but those alternatives have no negative effect on those that like things the way they always have been.

For me, I like the Fastest Game On Ice.. I find it to be quick and easy and basically just a very casual way to earn my free ship. For someone like me, I can just keep doing things the way I have always done them.. no problem. For others that hate Fastest Game On Ice.. they have alternatives.

Rolling it into the event system is also great, now I don't have to worry about which of my characters is going to do the daily, I can just do it on whoever I wish. Couple all that with the fact that the event ship looks really nice and this all just looks great.

That Engineering Manual 'Let it Go' also looks rather promising.. I am looking forward to trying that out. Might be a nice little boon for Engineers. :smile:

I agree with you, and Elsa's manual looks great! :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

What I like about it is that they're offering alternative ways to get the ship, but those alternatives have no negative effect on those that like things the way they always have been.

For me, I like the Fastest Game On Ice.. I find it to be quick and easy and basically just a very casual way to earn my free ship. For someone like me, I can just keep doing things the way I have always done them.. no problem. For others that hate Fastest Game On Ice.. they have alternatives.

Rolling it into the event system is also great, now I don't have to worry about which of my characters is going to do the daily, I can just do it on whoever I wish. Couple all that with the fact that the event ship looks really nice and this all just looks great.

That Engineering Manual 'Let it Go' also looks rather promising.. I am looking forward to trying that out. Might be a nice little boon for Engineers. :smile:

Heh. I might create an Elsa boff just for that lol.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    xungnguyen wrote: »
    gaevsman wrote: »

Heh. I might create an Elsa boff just for that lol.

Unfortunately, my Elsa is a Science Captain (USS Arendelle), not a boff. :(
    (and first officer Anna is Tac boff. I think my Engineer boff is Belle, because yellow.)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Expect a lot of AFKers in all the qualifying activities this year. :p
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I'm thinking captain Elsa...needs a princess dress though, all Breen crew in a Breen ship using all cold powers and weapons....just let it go...
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I have an Oddy named the Arendelle so that'll cause problems.

I have a Science Caitian (Pridelander) toon named Sar'abi just to test a Lion King theme build. I might make a Frozen theme build for this event.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    xungnguyen wrote: »
    I have an Oddy named the Arendelle so that'll cause problems.

I have a Science Caitian (Pridelander) toon named Sar'abi just to test a Lion King theme build. I might make a Frozen theme build for this event.

Now i'll have to create an Elsa Captain, it's contagious!! :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I hope the Breen outfits are available for the Bridge Officers.
    Well, not all winter outfits are, but most of them. I think only the sweaters aren't? I know I did this last year:

Oh yeah, that was my Foundry character. But all of them but Leeta is wearing a winter outfit. 8 different outfits in total.

Very well done on the Winter costume outfitting!
    warpangel wrote: »
    Expect a lot of AFKers in all the qualifying activities this year. :p

Oh TRIBBLE, you're probably correct :-(
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    A cold damage based experimental weapon would've been cool, oh well.

Nukara Reputation has two Weapon Projects that are Cryobased.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    A cold damage based experimental weapon would've been cool, oh well.

Nukara Reputation has two Weapon Projects that are Cryobased.
    I mean an experimental weapon for a ship.

• littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    So, when exactly does this begin? I could have sworn I saw a date the first time (thinking Monday), but after reading it recently, I can't seem to find an actual date. Are they only passing on actual information on some other source? If so, that's kind of crappy to but generic info on their site and no actual dates.

Am I just missing seeing the date?
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
    Starts on the 3rd.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Yes, apparently, you are missing seeing the date. It's towards the bottom of the blog. December 3rd.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Unless I am missing something, I don't see a number of participation days needed to unlock the Ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Yes, apparently, you are missing seeing the date. It's towards the bottom of the blog. December 3rd.

I see it now. Thanks.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    Not interested in the ship, but those Breen costumes look cool.

Same here!

I will get the ship anyway but the breen costumes feel like the top price here. Far out. o:)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    With the Breen costumes and since I don't care a great deal for Jem'Hadar I guess I'll turn my Jem'Hadar toon into a fake Breen, I have most of the Breen ships already.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    My Orion captain flies the Breen carrier Elsanna. (It's a frozen ship.) Her crew could use those manuals.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @niteshade1975 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'm also disappointed it's been cut short this year by 2 weeks. Would have preferred the regular 6 week event. Winter Wonderland is my favorite event!

Yeah I hope they fix that, I want my full 6 weeks!
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    What I want to know is how much that breen outfit is going to cost in the event store since it says you can use your ornaments
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    1 mill... 100 billion Ornaments. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    With the Breen costumes and since I don't care a great deal for Jem'Hadar I guess I'll turn my Jem'Hadar toon into a fake Breen, I have most of the Breen ships already.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a gamma recruit that I never use for ground action, maybe concealing the thing in a Breen suit will do the trick so it is not such a boring drag to use on the ground. I cannot get into the head of a horneytoad at all, and even the vac suit trick doesn't help much, but the Breen mystery schtick might help override that drawback.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    not interested in the ship, i just want also the breen costume, and maybe the vanity shield if I'm not tired by this event too quickly :p like I haven't had the courage to do the event for the voth console, nor the event for the elachi. i'm just tired to do x times the same thing just for 1 stuff, after 7 years in this game.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    And just like that.. they suck the air out of the room.

According to this reddit thread, the Breen costumes are Off Duty.. so they cannot be worn by Bridge Officers.

This leads to the obvious question..

Why in the name of all that's holy is there still a stupid 'off duty' category? Does this exist for any reason other then completely ruining anything fun?

Very disappointing. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Why in the name of all that's holy is there still a stupid 'off duty' category? Does this exist for any reason other then completely ruining anything fun?
    No. That's the only reason.

But there's hope. They've been slowly unraveling the myriad arbitrary restrictions. Maybe they'll get around to this one some day.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

According to this reddit thread, the Breen costumes are Off Duty.. so they cannot be worn by Bridge Officers.

That has always been the only reason it existed. It makes no real sense. It is especially bad for KDF/Roms who arguably don't have proper uniforms for KDF (We know the Orion uniforms which the KDF doesn't care about) and Romulans which are an ad hoc military at best with former colonists captaining ships.

Oh that is realy sad. I so wanted to make more boffs that look breen. The text you linked reads like that a final word on it has not been spoken yet so lets cross fingers. :)
    animated.gif
    edited December 2019
    not interested in the ship, i just want also the breen costume, and maybe the vanity shield if I'm not tired by this event too quickly :p like I haven't had the courage to do the event for the voth console, nor the event for the elachi. i'm just tired to do x times the same thing just for 1 stuff, after 7 years in this game.

I understand how you feel but the new event systems brings in a tiny bit of variety. Why not just give it a try and see how far you can endure it. :)

I for my part will stick with the ice run. It is probably the fastest and easiest task we have.
    animated.gif

I understand how you feel but the new event systems brings in a tiny bit of variety. Why not just give it a try and see how far you can endure it. :)

I for my part will stick with the ice run. It is probably the fastest and easiest task we have.

I'll approach this similar to how I did with the new Patrols System. I'll try each method at least once just for the experience then choose the one I'm most comfortable with &/or the one which is most efficient for me to complete for progress.
This discussion has been closed.